PDA

View Full Version : yfz wont start after rebuild

JR3
02-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi I have a 04 yfz and this is the scond motor rebuild. It just will not start i keep kicking and kicking aND THIS THING IS 13.5 COMPRESSION SO MY FOOT IS NUMB. My first rebuild a year ago was a top end rebuild i put it back in kicked the **** out of it and it evenutaly started it would run for 3 seconds then run for 5 until eventualy like it WARMED UP AND WOULD RUN and idle. Now this time it wont. I checked i have spark and i am getting fuel. it will run for a second in probably 30 kicks but it is cold here today so i just keep thinking maybe i just have to throw a heater on it to get everything warm becasue this time its a complete motor rebuild top and bottom. But i am stumped im doing everything right and tryed started fluid. So i was thinking i would try and bump start it as a last resort. but any other opinions are appreciated. could it be its just a complete fresh motor and its cold out that its being difficuilt

thanks again

James

JR3
02-14-2009, 04:06 PM
It is also not electrical becasue i have a lightened harness on it and it ran fine with it before the rebuild and i didnt make any changes in the harness while the engine was out.

Ride1Rob
02-14-2009, 06:35 PM
A completely rebuilt motor is HELL to start with only a kick starter. Even worse with a high comp piston because it's really tight in there. Just take your time not to flood it out and keep kicking. If everything is put back together correct it'll eventually fire up. I'd be really cautious with the pull start. The motor is really tight and doesn't have the normal lubrication in the topend and that constant friction could be bad. At the same time, if the motor is turning revolutions your oil pump should be supplying oil up top. If you're going to do that, make sure it's not too fast. And YES cold does play a factor ;) .