PDA

View Full Version : to reuse or not ?

norcalduner
02-14-2009, 01:37 PM
Except for the cylinder head gasket, I will SOMETIMES have to reuse the other gaskets e.g. stator, clutch cover etc. specially when doing repairs outdoors. What about you guys ?

And which do you prefer not to reuse and WHY ?

rob_990
02-14-2009, 02:11 PM
normally i replace all the motor gaskets if i have something apart unless its just a quick fix and i cant get the gaskets.then i just use a some silicon if the gaskets are cracked.

.i would always replace the cylender head/base gasket just because if it starts leaking its alot of work to get to it and replace it.

05LSR250R
02-14-2009, 02:26 PM
I have reused the stator cover gasket numerous times. Thats the only gasket I would reuse (if it comes off clean)

Honda 250r 001
02-14-2009, 07:07 PM
use any gasket that comes off the case clean. except the head gasket which you actually can reuse also. I have reused my clutch cover gasket about 3 times and its still going strong. and the flywheel one. its been off about 10 times and it still works fine. base gaskets i would use silicone.

1promodfan
02-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by 05LSR250R
I have reused the stator cover gasket numerous times. Thats the only gasket I would reuse (if it comes off clean)

^^^^^^^what he said. Also a guy told me, what if you reuse your gaskets and put the whole motor back together........and whamo!!!, you've got a leak. You could've spent $30 more and saved all the aggravation of tearing it back down. Just my 2 cents worth.

86 Quad R
02-18-2009, 08:56 AM
the only two that i wont reuse is the base and the center case gaskets. all others i'll reuse provided that they remove clean. :cool: