PDA

View Full Version : Sparks or HMF

Eclipsemike
02-14-2009, 09:35 AM
hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some of there wisdom about exhaust for an old school 300ex... i have a supertrapp on it now but it just isnt loud enough and the throttle response is horrible... i am goin to build up the motor a little bit more my main questions are what would give me more mid range torque Sparks or HMF..... if you guys say sparks which full system would you go with the x-4 or the x-5... and if HMF which system would you choose? i need as many replys as possible cause i want to compare and contrast both systems... thank you

crablaster
02-15-2009, 09:18 AM
i wouldnt go with eather i have had both my sparks welds broke and its a big pain to changs the packing and for hmf i have gone through a few cans there welds break all the time

BlaineKaiser450
02-15-2009, 11:01 AM
i like Sparks

yamahaman623
02-15-2009, 11:06 AM
i would go with sparks even though ive never heard it on a 300. i think its a great pipe as for what kind i dont know. i would call sparks and ask about the two

drgnerth
02-15-2009, 12:13 PM
I'd go Sparks.

Black R/T
02-16-2009, 06:01 PM
i helped a buddy put a sparks on his 300ex. it was the new style with the modular end cap. great fit and it sounded really good, not quite as loud as my ex-girlfriends cobra exhaust tho... that thing was louder than my 450!!!

Eclipsemike
02-17-2009, 02:05 PM
hey guys. thanks alot for your input i think you all made my decision very easy..
now all i need to do is get a damn rebuild in the thing and find out why i cant keep a set of axle bearings in the thing. i mean i know i beat on my bike a little bit but i got it running last week and over the weekend i was out riding and i found about a 5 foot jump that i was jumping and after about an hour of riding and jumpin the hill for about a half hour. i continued ridin for about another 20 minutes and then all the sudden a felt to back end of the quad pulling to the right. i took it home and the bearings are gone. now i need a cheap stock axle and a new carrier if anyone could help me out with that one you guys would be awesome... lol