PDA

View Full Version : Good, the bad and the ugly on KTM!?

Springbok
02-14-2009, 09:09 AM
I own a LTR 450 (2 years) and am interested in buying a KTM 450xc 2008. I do offroad racing in South Africa and we do about 400 km per race and fairly technical. Nothing wrong with the LTR and need some convincing to change to KTM. Cost of racing is very high in South Africa and I want to know what I am getting myself into. Is there any difference between the 08 and the 09 450xc? Please give me all the good,bad and the ugly on the KTM and please dont hold back!

KTM RIDAA
04-15-2009, 03:40 PM
You definatley wont have to put much money into these things. they are great all the way aroud!!:) the only problem i have with mine is this: when it is wet out i have a squilling clutch, after i widened out my stock axle the rear hu bolts keep coming loose and every once in a while after i jump that gay plastic thing keeps coming loose where ur indicater lights are. But im not sure if i had it in place wright. but everything framewise is pretty strong likr tierods i smacked a tree on our one realy technical/woods course and didnt bend a thing! and my friend smacked the same one convienently lol and bent his tierod on his yfz 450... at one of our local tracks there was three ktms there one had electrical problems,the other one had a broken axle, and the other one finished..and also if u get one the factory/dealer doesnt put them togethor good so make sure you go over it before you race!!

Machine15825
06-02-2009, 02:17 AM
I don't have a complaint. There are your normal issues with the quad, but is nothing more than an 25 dollar fix. I had a cdi problem and people have problems with the TPS but motion pro has a bypass. I'll tell you this. I wouldn't take back my purchasing a KTM for any two fourwheelers.

KTM RIDAA
06-02-2009, 01:14 PM
no doubt man! i'd never trade this qaud for anyhting!:D

JGlaze
06-03-2009, 02:10 PM
I love my KTM, I have been racing mine since last september when I bought it. Just take good care of it like any other quad and it'll treat you well. Check back for any tips/tricks if you ever do have an issue