PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best piston to run.

shook
11-14-2001, 09:14 PM
Im getting ready to buy a piston and the xr400 cam from marcums should I go with a wiseco or a je not sure I going to leave it at stock bore what all will I need to do this they told me all i needed was the topend gasket kit they sell and the cam and they recommended a Je piston 10.5:1 and changing the valve seals any thing else Ill need and is this worthit.

crday98
11-14-2001, 10:26 PM
get the JE,it is better quality than the wiseco.my mechanic has been building engines since back when dinasaurs were still roaming the earth,he builds quads for pro racers and he swears by JE;) i have not met a cycle mechanic that felt different.

Chef
11-15-2001, 10:35 AM
actually wiseco makes the pistons for off-road quads and motorcycles for JE

riz400
11-15-2001, 10:57 AM
I would either buy the JE or the HRC. I have the HRC and love it. If I were to do it again I think I would buy the JE. The HRC is just a tad lighter and it is a Honda part but I don't think that justifies the $200 price difference. (Sometimes I wonder if JE doesn't make them for Honda???) If you got the money to blow go with the HRC stock bore 11:1 and a stroker kit. You will have one fast quad.

shook
11-15-2001, 07:56 PM
where do you get them,how much are they and what do you have to do to put one in.