PDA

View Full Version : How can I get to build a 70hp Cannondale

new daler
02-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Guys,

I am new to cannondaling and looking for someone that builds cannondale motors up to 70hp, I ready that some one has done it, where do I get the parts who sales the pistons and sleeves? Please help

Beaudacious
03-06-2009, 11:16 PM
takethe cannondale engine out and put a 70 hp engine in cause you wont get 70hp from that powerplant the cylinder head characteristics arent good enough to sustain the air flow needed for 70hp unless under boosted applications

tedwilley
03-06-2009, 11:34 PM
It has been done.
cannondaleriders.com

2muchquad
03-11-2009, 06:31 AM
it has been done but it will not last,you'll need the harley davidson injectors along with major porting for starters.plan on a dyno trip to tune everything and remap. mine with just a pipe and airbox delete is plenty;)

witech
03-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Beaudacious
takethe cannondale engine out and put a 70 hp engine in cause you wont get 70hp from that powerplant the cylinder head characteristics arent good enough to sustain the air flow needed for 70hp unless under boosted applications
Thats true 65 is the highest ever attained without nitrous. I made 70 with nitrous on a 476 and 57 on a completely stock 432cc engine with just porting. Of course I doubt any other make quad has ever accompished that feat on a stock part engine. head porting is where its at on Cannondales. No need to waste money on cams ,pistons ,springs,strokers,ect. if your just looking to get into the 50's.