PDA

View Full Version : How much difference

logangsxr998
02-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I have a 08 I just put a yosh full system on, a air box kit, and cherry bomb. I don't think it's really that impressive. How much difference would a higher comp piston and cams make? Obviously it will make a difference I just want an opinion, is it worth it and what combo is recommended?

atveric132
02-14-2009, 11:16 AM
if you put a higher comp piston and cams in your bike you will also have u buy a PIM or power comander. ATP makes a 14.1 comp piston that uses stock rings so its not so hard on the cylinder and the use the intake cam and modify it and u use the stock exhuast cam.....

logangsxr998
02-14-2009, 05:24 PM
How much hp do you think something like that makes. I am guessing that I am around 45hp, but thats just my seat of the pants dyno. I could be way off.

atveric132
02-14-2009, 06:08 PM
yea your somwhere around 50hp....if your send your stock intake cam to atp get there 14.1 piston and get the yosh pim you will be about 55-60hp. you would have to get the fuel or dasa intake though cuz with the air box the bike wouldnt be getiing anough air

jersey devil
02-14-2009, 08:07 PM
55..60hp????????..where did you get those numbers???

atveric132
02-14-2009, 08:43 PM
in my 07 practice bike i have atp intake cam mod-14.1 atp piston- yosh pim fuel intake and atp ported head and i have 63 hp to the rear wheels

jersey devil
02-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Very impressive.What mods do you have and head work?

atveric132
02-14-2009, 11:39 PM
yea...my 08 race bike has 67hp to the rear wheels..it has a full atp motor and atp carb kit with dasa intake and exhaust....with the carb and kick start it drops 29 pounds off the bike and every 7 poundsis a hp

ltrracer
02-15-2009, 01:05 PM
id like to see proof of that

KingpinsEx
02-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by atveric132
yea your somwhere around 50hp....if your send your stock intake cam to atp get there 14.1 piston and get the yosh pim you will be about 55-60hp. you would have to get the fuel or dasa intake though cuz with the air box the bike wouldnt be getiing anough air

Ummm factory suzuki runs stock airbox/filter, lid off on fully built Yosh motors. They don't seem to be having any problems, winning plenty of races... As for the original question, that really is a tough question on whether it is worth it or not. Like mentioned above you cannot do those mods without some kind of fuel controller, which will run about another 300 bucks on top of your parts. Then if you want to get the most out of it you, need to have it dyno tuned for your exact mods which runs about another 100 bucks. If your gonna do it, i'd say save up and make sure you do it all at once so you don't need to re-tune it when you add something else.

Warnerade
02-15-2009, 03:14 PM
yea...my 08 race bike has 67hp to the rear wheels..it has a full atp motor and atp carb kit with dasa intake and exhaust....with the carb and kick start it drops 29 pounds off the bike and every 7 poundsis a hp whats your name?

EDIT. WOW nvm, I dont even care to know your name because your full of it. I didnt read your entire post...every 7 pounds you gain a horse? So taking the EFI off you gain 4.13 HP? Interesting....

Im gonna go fill my tires up with helium so it will weigh less, ill let ya know how it works

atveric132
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
definatly not. they run the fuel intake and a full yosh motor with stock pistons beacause they take so much off the head they dot have clearence for a higher comp piston.....one of my friends that i race with has doug gusts 08 race bike im pretty sure i kno... and the yosh head porting and cams they run the public cant buy

Warnerade
02-15-2009, 07:21 PM
definatly not. they run the fuel intake and a full yosh motor with stock pistons beacause they take so much off the head they dot have clearence for a higher comp piston.....one of my friends that i race with has doug gusts 08 race bike im pretty sure i kno... and the yosh head porting and cams they run the public cant buy whatever your buddy has in his engine, anyone can call yoshimura and get the exact same thing.

TitanMotorworks
02-15-2009, 09:59 PM
I've decked a ltr to the max. Witch is .034 and ran cp 13.75 piston. It had .037 head-piston clearance and .068 piston to valve clearance. with .400 lift cams. If you deck any more you hit the intake seats.

atveric132
02-16-2009, 04:30 PM
yea you have fun thinkin that

Warnerade
02-16-2009, 04:33 PM
yea you have fun thinkin that your a moron.

jersey devil
02-16-2009, 04:42 PM
easy guys!

DEVINF450R
02-16-2009, 07:06 PM
yea you have fun thinkin that

You may be right.... the public cant get it from YOSH like that, but I gurantee you that is not at all like his race motor. I Rode with Chad at sunset ridge this past fall and he said his prctice bike was a stage II yosh practice motor... just like Gusts and Wimmer's. and he said they are way powered down.

Just because you cant get it from Yosh doesnt mean you cant have it done by someone else. Titan Motorworks is a head porting/decking genius. You will start seeing his name more often soon. He just opened his shop so he could build race motors full time... PM me for his number. He builds FULL NATIONAL motors, head pipes, and he can even build you cams per his specifications through Web Cams, plus do it at about half of what you pay for the big NAME guys.

RATPACK Z400
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
So whats your hps and torque #s after these mods titan?

TitanMotorworks
02-16-2009, 09:32 PM
64.8 hp 42.1lbs-tork
Still doing more flowing and testing. I was building engines part time so I didnt have much time to test. Business has increased so I've went full time. I'm getting ready to run a new head and I'll post the dyno sheet on it.

jersey devil
02-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Talk is real cheap on here!Have any dyno info and dyno sheets to show?

TitanMotorworks
02-17-2009, 01:16 PM
I've already noticed that. I dont have the sheet on that one but can run it again. Plus I'll post it with the new designed head I'm about finished with.

DEVINF450R
02-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by jersey devil
Talk is real cheap on here!Have any dyno info and dyno sheets to show?

His motors rip... ltrracer, brink444, and myself tht I know of on here have all had our national motors built by him and they are FAST.
Not too many other guys have supporters that post up BS. He can make a Honda even faster...:eek2:

jersey devil
02-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Well if his motors are all that then if I was him and starting full time building GN motors I would be glad to include dyno work and referances.
As we all agree talk on here is real cheap and a lot of people selling a lot of talk about this and that but the dyno and reliability sell and thats the name of the game for a guy starting out.
Hope to see some credible paperwork and I'am sure all on here are interested!

TitanMotorworks
02-17-2009, 05:31 PM
thanks, Like I said, I just went full time. I plan on dyno running the motors I build for the owners. I have built motors for a few guys on here. They are very pleased with my work. The next one I dyno I'll post the results.

jersey devil
02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks!We will be looking forward to it.Also let us know what kind of dyno and the specifics.

jersey devil
02-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Thanks!We will be looking forward to it.Also let us know what kind of dyno and the specifics.

TitanMotorworks
02-17-2009, 08:09 PM
ok, sure will

DEVINF450R
02-18-2009, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by jersey devil
Well if his motors are all that then if I was him and starting full time building GN motors I would be glad to include dyno work and referances.
As we all agree talk on here is real cheap and a lot of people selling a lot of talk about this and that but the dyno and reliability sell and thats the name of the game for a guy starting out.
Hope to see some credible paperwork and I'am sure all on here are interested!

well he had 4 national motors with at least 80hrs on last year. No engine failures. His stuff is legit, I really wanna see this guy get big. He is good and a certain pro GNC is looking into having his motor built at Titan.

canadian_atvmx
02-18-2009, 08:49 AM
I have PM'd Titan in regards to his motor work but have not got a PM or email back yet. I'm looking for some information on his full national engine builds and a price of everything. I can be emailed at ryanb@podolinsky.com
Thanks

TitanMotorworks
02-18-2009, 09:08 AM
sorry, but I didn't recieve your pm. I will e-mail you prices.
Thanks

xtreme 250x
02-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Titan do you have a web page or email?

RATPACK Z400
02-18-2009, 12:08 PM
Titan,some one said you can make the honda even faster,is the honda motor putting out more ponies&torque than the suzuki motor whats your opion on both motors and which is the best in your opion?I ask cause I have friend thats getting same results with honda motor but not that much torque as you have.

TitanMotorworks
02-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I've been builting hondas longer with more testing. I'm going to be dynoing a honda and a suzuki tommorrow. Yes I can get more power out of a honda so far. I didn't dyno them but the owners did. I'm not going to post the #'s cause I dont have the sheets but they were in the upper 60's. torq #'s were right at 40.

ltrracer
02-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Hey Everyone, i just want to let everyone know that i will swear by everything Titan is telling you guys, I run his motors in the Pro Am class in the nationals and i do not have one complaint about them, the whole team runs suzuki's so he knows what he is doing on them, we have tested alot and have had great success, so if anyone on here is thinking about getting your motowork done my Titan Motorwork's im here to say that you will not be disappointed by the work he does

86 Quad R
02-19-2009, 07:21 AM
i've got about 30 years hands on experience with 4 strokers and have spoke with titan over the phone and i can honestly say that he's no bull sheeter. although, i havent personally had him do any work for me to date. i deffinately have him as one of the few i'll let do any engine work/mods. so far he's been a tremendous help to me. thank again. :cool:

jbrunner
02-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I agree! I also spoke with titan on the phone about my ltr 450 and was very impressed! Im a ex drag racer and did alot of my own work, with i guy just like titan and from my experience the smaller guys take more pride in what they do because that is there name out there. Big companies you dont know who is porting your head. I am stoked about titan doing head and cam work for me. Getting mine tore down asap! Thanks for all your help titan. Shoot me a email so i can get your email address.
jbrunner44@yahoo.com Thanks jbrunner

jersey devil
02-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Well as we all know it seems most but not all forget where they came from when starting out and as they get big then customer relations seem to go down hill and it is the same ole thing!
All they worry about is the dollar and customer relations go down the tube as some we already have posted about on this site?So if you are just starting out and hopefully become a reputable success in building GN motors the customer realations and satisfaction doesn't become last on your list of business!
Always remember it is the public and customers that put you on top!It is the same people that will take you down if you fail to remember where you came from.
Good luck in your venture and wish you sucess!

TitanMotorworks
02-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Jersey, Thanks for your post. I do want to be one of the best. I dont know how the others started out, but I live pay check by pay check. I'm getting more and more support from local racers and now more out of state. If I didnt have them, I wouldnt be here. Thanks again!

Joe Wolters owner/builder

DEVINF450R
02-20-2009, 12:27 AM
yes with Titan, ltrracer and I are very lucky to have found him and let him do our motors. This guy knows what it takes to race

jersey devil
02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Give it your best and good luck!