PDA

View Full Version : Streamline stabilizer install Question

extremeisaac
02-12-2009, 09:37 PM
Got my billetanium today and did the install.. I heard everyone complain of the the difficuly etc.. Im thinking I did something wrong? It took me no more than 5 min to install the whole thing..

Couple quick questions..

Does it matter how hi or low the mount around the steering stem is? or should it be level with the mount on the frame?

Should the eye bolts on both ends be tightened all the way?

When the dampner is turned all the way up, I get a creeking noise when turning the handlebars.. normal?

Thanks

extremeisaac
02-12-2009, 09:54 PM
here is a pic of the install

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n315/extremeisaac/stabilizer.jpg

NacsMXer
02-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by extremeisaac
Got my billetanium today and did the install.. I heard everyone complain of the the difficuly etc.. Im thinking I did something wrong? It took me no more than 5 min to install the whole thing..

Couple quick questions..

Does it matter how hi or low the mount around the steering stem is? or should it be level with the mount on the frame?

Should the eye bolts on both ends be tightened all the way?

When the dampner is turned all the way up, I get a creeking noise when turning the handlebars.. normal?

Thanks

Yes it matters how high or low the clamp on the stem is. You want it to be level enough with the mount at the frame so that it does not put the joints in a bind. From your pic, it is hard to tell but it looks like the clamp at the stem needs to come down a tad...the heim joint is already at a steep angle.

You want to tighten the bolts at the clamps securely. Don't tighten them so much that you strip out the soft aluminum threads. If they aren't tight enough the clamps can slip.

A creeking noise is not normal. Either the joints are binding when you turn the bars, or one of the clamps is slipping causing the noise. Try adjusting things a bit and it should clear up.

extremeisaac
02-12-2009, 10:41 PM
so it seems like the clamp on the steering stem needs to come down more.

I tightened the clamps down really secure around the frame and the steering stem, the question was the ball joint bolt.. how tight do those go?

extremeisaac
02-13-2009, 12:52 AM
after all said and done should there be any play on the stabilizer? or should it be rigid and not have any movement on it?

svtkidd23
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
i put mine on today i love it!

extremeisaac
02-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Talked to Streamline this am. They said after everything is tightened there should be some play on the stabilizer. The creeking noise you hear when the setting all the way up is normal, you just need to grease the joint where the steering stem meets the frame.

Wish this damm rain would stop so I can test this mofo out