PDA

View Full Version : 400ex clutch

onegtalon
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
just did a 426 11:1 je kit, milled the cylinder to have true 11:1 have i think a stage 2 cam?

my question is my clutch is slipping already, and i have another stock clutch to put in but dont want to burn that up to. wondering if i can put washers under the clutch springs to increase the spring pressure for the clutch, kinda like shimming valve springs for seat pressure can i do this and has anyone else done this?

Homerx
02-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Get heavy duty springs and/or better yet an 8 plate basket. GL

drew416ex
02-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Homerx
Get heavy duty springs and/or better yet an 8 plate basket. GL

X2

NacsMXer
02-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by onegtalon
just did a 426 11:1 je kit, milled the cylinder to have true 11:1 have i think a stage 2 cam?

my question is my clutch is slipping already, and i have another stock clutch to put in but dont want to burn that up to. wondering if i can put washers under the clutch springs to increase the spring pressure for the clutch, kinda like shimming valve springs for seat pressure can i do this and has anyone else done this?

The washer trick will work in a pinch....say you're at a track and want to finish riding for the day without the clutch slipping so bad. It does work to an extent.

But it is not a long term fix for a failing clutch. Do like these guys said and get some HD springs.