PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans MX tracks

Drewltr450
02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Im going down to new orleans for a week with my mom and my church to rebuild houses for hurricane victims. When we are not building we are allowed to explore the city and find things to do. Just wondering if there are any motocross tracks that are not to far from new orleans to keep me occupied.

scuzz
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
I honestly don't remember any being around there. Most are up north about an hour away. (I grew up there)

Here's a site that might help you:

http://www.gulfcoastmx.com/mxforum/

nickm328
02-12-2009, 03:43 PM
None close that I know of

Drewltr450
02-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Well if i cant get my quad fix while im down there anything that is a must see or must do that is in new orleans its gota be in the city itself im not allowed to leave the city limits.

nickm328
02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
The Aquarium, the zoo. If you go to the Aquarium at the foot of canal st. near the riverwalk there is a package deal you can buy, it's aquarium and zoo tickets. After you go to the aquarium you take a steam boat ride down the river to the zoo then back up about a 3 or 4 hr. round trip. St. louis cathedrial between the french quarter and the river. The riverwalk has alot of shops and restaurants, the french quarter is cool, but from the river don't go past Bourbon st. getting pretty dangerous with mugging and robbing people. A matter of fact I would recommend staying between canal st. to the south, Elysian fields to the north, Bourbon to the west and the river to the east, and wherever you go, go in a group and stay on the main drags. As far as eating I would recommend Tujacque's pronounced 2jacks, Mother's rest., Bourbon Orleans, Jimmy buffet's Margaritaville, Frank's bistro, really anywhere around there. Hope this helps stay safe and have a good time. When are you going?

nickm328
02-12-2009, 04:45 PM
One other thing take a ride on the St. charles St. car. Get on at Canal and common st. it goes all the way down st.charles and back up goes through uptown and the garden dist. where all the old mansions and and stuff are.

YOURADHERE
02-12-2009, 07:51 PM
If you're into history check out the National D Day museum. If you're serious about going you could easily burn a whole day in there. Pretty interesting stuff.

mineralgrey01gt
02-12-2009, 08:58 PM
bourbon street, simple as that, oh but be careful on which side of it you go, ones the straight side, others the not so straight side