PDA

View Full Version : itps vs maxxis

raptorkid
02-11-2009, 05:21 PM
what would be the better setup for cross country racing?
maxxis razr's in the rear and razr2's up front or itp gncc's up front and in the rear?
thanks

ccdhowell
02-11-2009, 06:51 PM
Oh man this line of talk usually opens up some big debate. I'll be nice, as the first responder, I run ITP GNCCs and love them. They're gonna wear faster than Maxxis tires, but will, IMO, provide a greater level of grip in all terrain conditions and offer a higher level of slide control. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to contradict me though.

I know it's costly, but if you can get around to riding both, you'll be able to tell which one suits your style and preference better. Who knows, maybe you'll love the new Kenda Kutter XC.

BlaineKaiser450
02-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Itp tires grip more but wear out faster. Maxxis wears slower but grips less

coryatver
02-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
Itp tires grip more but wear out faster. Maxxis wears slower but grips less

depend which tire maxxis i razrs wear fast and they also make razr mx with different compounds some very soft, then there are razr 2 that are heavy duty and don't hardly wear at all

BlaineKaiser450
02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
depend which tire maxxis i razrs wear fast and they also make razr mx with different compounds some very soft, then there are razr 2 that are heavy duty and don't hardly wear at all well i was talking about the most common compounds. the Yellow Labels are difficult to get sometimes