PDA

View Full Version : 250r carb prob

bonds0033
02-11-2009, 03:55 PM
hey guys I was out on the R the other day and I hit a big jump and landed a little awkward. Afterwards it spitting at WOT so I stopped and noticed there was gas pouring out the overflow and now it won't start either. Anyone have a idea what could be wrong??

LTandRaptorider
02-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Gas coming out means the float is stuck open. Take the carb off, take the bolts off the bottom of the bowl. Use some carb cleaner, spraying liberally. Slide the pin out the holds the float and valve on. You may need a small punch to start the slide out, don't use much force. Clean up float valve. re-assemble. Leave bowl off, turn carb upside down. Measure the float height, I don't recall offhand the spec. Check a manual if you have one. Put bowl back on, carb back in boots, go ride. :cool:

btw... If the quad sat a long time with gas in it, might have to get a new float valve, maybe jets too. Can prob clean the main, but need a new pilot jet.

bonds0033
02-11-2009, 06:15 PM
thanx a lot i'll give that a try tomm and hopefully that will fix my prob. wouldn't it be nice if all the problems we encounter were this simple to fix.

bonds0033
02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
ok man maybe I'm just a little mechaniclly declined today because I can't seem to figure this out ....... Probably becuase I can't seem to figure out which parts are which .... anyone have a pic or suttin to help it would be very appreciated