PDA

View Full Version : Save our Children and our sport

markk
02-11-2009, 03:27 PM
This is a petition for the ban of youth atvs and motorcycles. Please spend the time and read and give them your own opnions.

thanks you for reading
mark knox
southern illinois

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/thumpertalk

deathcorefan2
02-11-2009, 03:37 PM
love the idea but online petitions are a waste of time.

BLU82
02-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by markk
This is a petition for the ban of youth atvs and motorcycles. Please spend the time and read and give them your own opnions.

thanks you for reading
mark knox
southern illinois

http://petitionspot.com/petitions/thumpertalk
You might want to re-word that because it sounds like the petion is FOR the banning of youth atv's lol

Raptorchick
02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
The information in that petition is not entirely true. I am working on an article for this site regarding this issue and there is a lot more to it than the CPSC wanting to make it illegal to sell youth ATV's.

I spoke to the CPSC this morning and they are in fact reviewing the section of the CPSIA that directly affects ATV's for children and the lead restrictions. They are trying to make amends to the ruling to lessen the restrictions on youth ATV's since they are aware that the lead content in any ATV components does not necessarily pose a direct threat to kids on a normal day-to-day basis.
Manufacturers will have to take certain measures to reduce the lead content in products, and there will be regulated testing done to ensure that the guidelines are being met, but they do not wish to make it illegal to sell youth ATV's. The CPSC and the ATV industry are working together on the issue to make sure the outcome is agreeable to both parties.

extremeblastr
02-11-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by raptorchick
The information in that petition is not entirely true. I am working on an article for this site regarding this issue and there is a lot more to it than the CPSC wanting to make it illegal to sell youth ATV's.

I spoke to the CPSC this morning and they are in fact reviewing the section of the CPSIA that directly affects ATV's for children and the lead restrictions. They are trying to make amends to the ruling to lessen the restrictions on youth ATV's since they are aware that the lead content in any ATV components does not necessarily pose a direct threat to kids on a normal day-to-day basis.
Manufacturers will have to take certain measures to reduce the lead content in products, and there will be regulated testing done to ensure that the guidelines are being met, but they do not wish to make it illegal to sell youth ATV's. The CPSC and the ATV industry are working together on the issue to make sure the outcome is agreeable to both parties.

good to hear. all the uproar has been because everyone thought that the industry was just getting shafted.

Raptorchick
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
good to hear. all the uproar has been because everyone thought that the industry was just getting shafted.

IMO the CPSC definitely could have done a better job of researching this before implementing a blanket ruling that is as vague as this one, and they could also have been more diligent in their efforts to clarify what the ruling means for the industry, but they do know how detrimental a ban on youth ATV's would be for the industry and they are trying to make changes.

<DRS>GPF
02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
IMO the CPSC definitely could have done a better job of researching this before implementing a blanket ruling that is as vague as this one, and they could also have been more diligent in their efforts to clarify what the ruling means for the industry,

agreed.. but this legislation has been worked on for some time(years apparently), yet it "appears" that no representatives of the ATV or MX industry had an input until now.
was nobody asked? things like this normally dont "slip through the cracks", theres usually some group watching for these things..(or so it seems)

now the bill is passed(august last year) and its an uphill battle to get exemptions.. IMO, someone dropped the ball in getting clarification where ATV's and MX bikes are concerned.

is the "hang-up" over the requirement of 3rd party verification?

i wonder how mattel/powerwheels is dealing with this..
after all, powerwheels have sealed L.A. batteries and are nothing but plastic. there doesnt seem to be much noise from them or their industry..
theyre surely affected by this, if not held to much more stringent standards..

but they do know how detrimental a ban on youth ATV's would be for the industry and they are trying to make changes.

which that plus income from taxation makes me think this wont last long.

deathcorefan2
02-12-2009, 09:04 AM
i think this guy is FOR the banning of childrens atvs.

if sooo:

GET OUT. EVERYONE HERE WANTS THEIR KIDS TO RIDE.

extremeblastr
02-12-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
i think this guy is FOR the banning of childrens atvs.

if sooo:

GET OUT. EVERYONE HERE WANTS THEIR KIDS TO RIDE.

LEARN HOW TO READ!!!!!!!!

BLU82
02-12-2009, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by markk
[B]This is a petition for the ban of youth atvs and motorcycles. [QUOTE]
Now I know that's not what he means, but it could easily be mistaken. Calm down.:rolleyes:

deathcorefan2
02-12-2009, 11:34 AM
i dont get it,
it says FOR the ban.
but it's against?
i dont think i need to learn to read, i think the guy who made this post, needs to learn how to say something.

JERKS.

godzilla
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM
i dont get it,
it says FOR the ban.
but it's against?
i dont think i need to learn to read, i think the guy who made this post, needs to learn how to say something.

JERKS.

Despite the fact that Markk may have used the wrong wording for his post, I think that his message was quite obvious. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only one who misinterpreted it and is now blowing it out of proportion.

Relax a little, will ya?

deathcorefan2
02-12-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by godzilla
Despite the fact that Markk may have used the wrong wording for his post, I think that his message was quite obvious. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only one who misinterpreted it and is now blowing it out of proportion.

Relax a little, will ya?

so if someone came in here and said to ban youth atvs you would say nothing in their defence?

and i dont know the guy that posted so, i dont know what he WOULD say, just what he said.

not blowing it out of proportion, someone told me to learn to read, when what i read was...what i posted about.

so it's all pretty stupid really.

anyway you can spend all the time in the world on an online petition..noone will listen to it. they are jokes, they do nothing, love the idea, if it was an actual petition i'd sign it.

godzilla
02-12-2009, 11:56 AM
so if someone came in here and said to ban youth atvs you would say nothing in their defence?

and i dont know the guy that posted so, i dont know what he WOULD say, just what he said.

The guy has 2236 posts on here, his avatar has in big red letters GNCC, and you think that he is trying to ban ATV's?

Im not sure about you, but I dont hang around on PETA forums if I want to invite people to a barbeque.

extremeblastr
02-12-2009, 11:57 AM

not blowing it out of proportion, someone told me to learn to read, when what i read was...what i posted about.

so it's all pretty stupid really.

anyway you can spend all the time in the world on an online petition..noone will listen to it. they are jokes, they do nothing, love the idea, if it was an actual petition i'd sign it.

its simple really, stfu

godzilla
02-12-2009, 11:59 AM
oh, and here:

http://www.tomself.com/

Take 40 seconds of your time, and sign the damn thing. Do your part.

deathcorefan2
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
lol omg,

so hey, i hate atv's!
they are so dumb!
and the KTM's are slow!

OBVIOUSLY i ment i love atv's, they are fun and the KTM's are fast.

OBVIOUSLY..thats what i ment.

godzilla
02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
lol omg,

so hey, i hate atv's!
they are so dumb!
and the KTM's are slow!

OBVIOUSLY i ment i love atv's, they are fun and the KTM's are fast.

OBVIOUSLY..thats what i ment.

:rolleyes:

Can you get any more irrational?