PDA

View Full Version : Carb???

Drtridr18
11-14-2001, 08:32 PM
I'm finally buying my very own 400 end of this month instead of borrowing. I'm having them put on a supertrapp IDSII pipe and a twist throttle at the dealer, but of course i want to do more as time goes on.

I'm going to get a flywheel advance key, and a K&N filter, would i be better off with an Edelbrock quicksilver carb, o the FCR, or how much difference will one of those make vs. a complete stock carb rejetting. I was leaning towards the edelbrock, for the fact that it has "external fuel circuit" making adjustments easier supposedly.

After the bike is well broken in and I'm comfortable with it, and after the bolt ons above, it will see an XR cam, and either a 416 or 440 big bore, 11;1 compression or so.

Speed is cool, but I'm into torque and throttle response. Which carb setup is right for me??

THANKS

Chef
11-14-2001, 08:45 PM
i would wait until after the big bore kits to buy the carb, it wont make much difference with only a pipe and k&n, and you would lose bottom end. just get your stock carb rejetted

400exRacerX
11-14-2001, 08:58 PM
Yeah, A aftermarket carb is only nesseccary when you have a big bore motor. But if and when you have a big bore motor I would go with the FCR.