PDA

View Full Version : Bearing Sizes

Homerx
02-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Is there a compiled list of the bearing sizes used on the ex? I am lloking to buy bearing locally vs O$M. My clymer does not list all the sizes, ie the steering stem bearing. Thx

drew416ex
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Sometimes they will have the size if you look up the parts on oem sites like yamahaoftroy.com. I usually just take it apart and then get the numbers off.

markk
02-11-2009, 08:25 PM
iv been using NTN bearings that i get from a starter and alternator rebuild shop for 1.75 cents. thats the cheapest iv found yet. i will get the ntn bearing number for you. and i know that the carrier bearings are a 42/60/12=stock or a dbl row carrier is a 42/60/20

AZ440ex
02-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Homerx
Is there a compiled list of the bearing sizes used on the ex? I am lloking to buy bearing locally vs O$M. My clymer does not list all the sizes, ie the steering stem bearing. Thx

I just took a wheel bearing to my local shop. They measured it and figured out the replacement.

AZ440ex
02-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by AZ440ex
I just took a wheel bearing to my local shop. They measured it and figured out the replacement.

Since my bike is apart I just meaused the steering stem bearing.

Inner diameter is 17mm
outer is 40 mm
width is 12mm

Hope that helps

sc400ex_rider
02-12-2009, 06:10 AM

no but thats a good idea. it sounds like a good project for you. what bearing/sizes does the clymer book have?

Homerx
02-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Clymer, just has carrier bearing size. Thanks for the steering stem bearing size. Maybe we can get them all in this thread and then the project would be complete:) I would like to use NTN bearings as well. But as far as taking them to a shop to measure, there isn't a shop around here that has a clue ! I do all my own work except boring, and I am looking into that. Just wanted to know the other bearing sizes, so I could pre buy vs pull and measure to limt non-ride time :) Thx

AZ440ex
02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
Clymer, just has carrier bearing size. Thanks for the steering stem bearing size. Maybe we can get them all in this thread and then the project would be complete:) I would like to use NTN bearings as well. But as far as taking them to a shop to measure, there isn't a shop around here that has a clue ! I do all my own work except boring, and I am looking into that. Just wanted to know the other bearing sizes, so I could pre buy vs pull and measure to limt non-ride time :) Thx

I can get you the wheel bearing size in MM if you would like. There is two different sized ones in each hub.

For engine bearings your on your own :D

Homerx
02-12-2009, 05:35 PM
I can get you the wheel bearing size in MM if you would like. There is two different sized ones in each hub.

For engine bearings your on your own :D

That would be great, the A-Arms ar the only ones left that I need. Engine bearings, I don't change as often lol Thanks.

AZ440ex
02-12-2009, 06:09 PM
That would be great, the A-Arms ar the only ones left that I need. Engine bearings, I don't change as often lol Thanks.

Outer front wheel bearing

15 mm inner dia.
35mm outer
11 mm width

Inner front wheel bearing

20mm innner dia.
42mm outer
12 mm width

A-arms I can't help you with either. Mine are not stock

Homerx
02-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Outer front wheel bearing

15 mm inner dia.
35mm outer
11 mm width

Inner front wheel bearing

20mm innner dia.
42mm outer
12 mm width

A-arms I can't help you with either. Mine are not stock

This is great, Thanks again!

Ntensweapon
03-12-2009, 08:50 PM
anyone know the size for a lsr twin row carrier?