PDA

View Full Version : New Esr 310 vs Pro x 310

Honda 250r 001
02-11-2009, 07:12 AM
are the new 310 kits as good as esr says? Should i go with the pro x kit or the new kit.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-11-2009, 07:19 AM
Might be a little early to tell.
Whoever has them are either putting them together, maybe breaking them in or either to busy riding to report back in with any results.

I can tell you this much, that new ESR casting has got a "BIG" exhaust port, just about big enough not to even need the aux ports on each side.

Neil

Honda 250r 001
02-11-2009, 08:51 AM
so it that a good thing or a bad thing? i dont know much about cylinders but im learnin everyday!

C-LEIGH RACING
02-11-2009, 09:38 AM
In some cases it would be, others it wouldnt be good.
Neil

mxduner
02-11-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't have one but i like the idea that a p.v. can be machined in at any time.Wish that was the case with the pro-x:(
only time will tell with reliability on these. took a while for the pro-x to get off the ground if my memory serves me.Not sure where cpi is at with the sphinx or the puma's, but wish we heard more about them.gotta love all the options thou:D

wes350x
02-11-2009, 08:08 PM
I recently bought a new 310 kit from ESR, horrible porting, looked like someone ate it up with a dremel. Ive talked to Tom at ESR and he siad dont worry about it the cylinders are awsome. Well I emailed them telling my opinion twice and havent gotten a response back. To me its crappy customer service. Now I gotta spend extra to send it to get a real port job. Im not to pleased with my first experience with them.

All250R
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by wes350x
I recently bought a new 310 kit from ESR, horrible porting, looked like someone ate it up with a dremel. Ive talked to Tom at ESR and he siad dont worry about it the cylinders are awsome. Well I emailed them telling my opinion twice and havent gotten a response back. To me its crappy customer service. Now I gotta spend extra to send it to get a real port job. Im not to pleased with my first experience with them.
I can't knock ESR across the board, but I can say that their hand craftsmanship is a driving reason I invested in doing the work myself. If they did high quality work, there probably wouldn't be an All 250R. lol

morse250r
02-12-2009, 04:02 AM
puma s are out and being built alot go guys are in 90hp range..... just waiting to see who the best builder will be for a puma prox is a good running cylinder esr 's new cylinder .... only time will tell they are priced right though

wes350x
02-12-2009, 04:25 PM
WOW, Eddie (ESR) called me this morning to check on my cylinder and I told him my concerns and problems. He was very nice to deal with and offered a full refund or to send it back for a full port job by him. So...its going back to ESR in the morning and Ill post pics when I have it back in my hands. Now, thats the customer service I like and keeps people in business.

Originally posted by All250R
I can't knock ESR across the board, but I can say that their hand craftsmanship is a driving reason I invested in doing the work myself. If they did high quality work, there probably wouldn't be an All 250R. lol

1promodfan
02-12-2009, 05:57 PM
WOW, Eddie (ESR) called me this morning to check on my cylinder and I told him my concerns and problems. He was very nice to deal with and offered a full refund or to send it back for a full port job by him. So...its going back to ESR in the morning and Ill post pics when I have it back in my hands. Now, thats the customer service I like and keeps people in business.

Yea, I was going to tell you to talk with Eddie himself. Tom is a great guy, but nothing like talking to the boss!! So far I've had great customer service from ESR, and I plan on buying a few more item.

derby
02-12-2009, 06:13 PM

I saw the pics of the port work on your cylinder. Eddie did not do that. Eddie uses cartrige rolls to finish the intake and that is not the case with yours. Be careful sending it back once the cylinder has been touched with someone elses work they will refuse to rework it. Just how they have always been. You are right it looks like someone took the dremel to it.

derby
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by derby
I saw the pics of the port work on your cylinder. Eddie did not do that. Eddie uses cartrige rolls to finish the intake and that is not the case with yours. Be careful sending it back once the cylinder has been touched with someone elses work they will refuse to rework it. Just how they have always been. You are right it looks like someone took the dremel to it.

Wes350x, I saw another esr 310 cylinder today and it looked almost as bad as yours. I could not beleive my eyes. The aluminum casting is not even matched to the sleeve. I wonder if the guys at esr are taking turns cutting on the cylinders. I have some pics of esr porting from the around 2000 and even comparing them to a cylinder that was ported this last year it is crazy to see how lazy the porting has become. While the port timing on these new cylinders correlate with the trx9 porting the casting flaws need to be cleaned and smoothened and the aluminum casting and sleeve need to be matched. The intake on the cylinder I looked at was also cut with an aggressive bladed bur. That does not make for a smooth intake. I am pretty disappointed in the porting. Especially coming from a company that used to pay attention to details.

wes350x
02-16-2009, 09:49 PM
The cylinder will be back at ESR on Wednesday, and they said turn around would be quick cause they are waiting for it. They are charging another 150$ to clean it up but anywhere else would be more expensive and Eddie knows his own cylinders. He is "supposed" to be the one touching it this time.

derby
02-16-2009, 11:03 PM
I hope it comes back with a good cleanup. I bet they go through the whole cylinder for that price. Let us know how it goes.

morse250r
02-17-2009, 03:48 AM
you have to re pay for a crappy port job to begin with ?>???

1promodfan
02-17-2009, 05:42 AM
The cylinder will be back at ESR on Wednesday, and they said turn around would be quick cause they are waiting for it. They are charging another 150$ to clean it up but anywhere else would be more expensive and Eddie knows his own cylinders. He is "supposed" to be the one touching it this time.

There is NO WAY I would pay another $150!! I would tell them that it should be on the house. Its not like its your fault. If it was me, I would call and talk to Eddie and tell him that you're not satisfied. Just my 2cents worth.........

morse250r
02-17-2009, 05:59 AM
or tell em to keep it when they get it back

wes350x
02-17-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
There is NO WAY I would pay another $150!! I would tell them that it should be on the house. Its not like its your fault. If it was me, I would call and talk to Eddie and tell him that you're not satisfied. Just my 2cents worth.........

I did talk to Eddie, hes the one that told me they would refund me fully including return shipping or they would fully port it for 150 (as shown for porting on thier site). I spoke to him and he said he will be doing it so Ill give it a shot.

1promodfan
02-17-2009, 10:06 AM
I did talk to Eddie, hes the one that told me they would refund me fully including return shipping or they would fully port it for 150 (as shown for porting on thier site). I spoke to him and he said he will be doing it so Ill give it a shot.

Well, I can understand where you're coming from. But, my cylinder doesn't look like that. I mean if its a factory defect (ESR) I'm suprised he didn't just say send it back and I'll take care of it. Hope everything works out for ya though.

C-LEIGH RACING
02-17-2009, 07:10 PM
:ermm: :(
Neil

EXtreme-
03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Wes,
Did you get your jug back yet? Outcome?

wes350x
03-01-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by EXtreme-
Wes,
Did you get your jug back yet? Outcome?

Not yet, should be anytime. I think they shipped it back to me on Wednesday and takes about 5-6 days so Im waiting. I will post pics

albertp86
03-03-2009, 10:27 AM
So I am in the market of getting a 310 pv from ESR. Let us know what the process was with ESR and how it came out. I was about to pull the trigger on buying one but after reading this I am hesitating.