PDA

View Full Version : poorlaris not running right

bradley300
12-23-2002, 08:52 AM
hers the situation, my dad is riding his 400 scrambler 2wd down a smooth road at mpoffroad on dey. running it wide open. all of a sudden, it has no power. it still runs pretty quick, but not like it was.

we replaced the spark plug, clean the k+n air filter, rplaced the donut gasket on the exhaust, and a new set of reeds. (replaced stock with boyesen), and we also took the carb off and cleaned it.

now it runs great on the top end (assuming this is b/c of the reeds) but still has no low end power and wont idle.

Any suggestions?

oh, yeah, it has the following mods, hpd pipe and, clutch, k+n air filter and boyesen reeds. it has been in its current state for 3 years (minus the reeds) and has always run great until the last time we went riding.

bansheeguy77
12-23-2002, 03:44 PM
sounds like a cool scrambler, it must be pretty fast. did u check the coolent? my old trailblazer was like that, when it was hot it had absolutly no power and it got hot in 3 seconds. it could be the jetting or maybe top end. u got all the other stuff it could have been.

RED121572
12-23-2002, 08:09 PM
My Honda runs really strong in the summer. Right now, its cranky. Its caused by the extreme change of temperature....it messes with the jetting.

To answer your question, if its not a jetting problem, ill eat my hat.:D