PDA

View Full Version : Road to Redemption

extremeblastr
02-10-2009, 07:40 PM
anyone else watching this? if not you should be, just goes to prove that all these rappers aren't as stupid and out of touch as you like to think. who would of though t.i. was a father of 6? and takes care of all them and makes the time to be there for important moments in their lives. this show, no matter how bad the situation that motivated him into it, is about someone making a difference. just sit back and watch a few minutes and see if you learn anything.

ridered92
02-10-2009, 08:28 PM
i watched it he's an amazing rapper and person.

brian76708
02-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
anyone else watching this? if not you should be, just goes to prove that all these rappers aren't as stupid and out of touch as you like to think. who would of though t.i. was a father of 6? and takes care of all them and makes the time to be there for important moments in their lives. this show, no matter how bad the situation that motivated him into it, is about someone making a difference. just sit back and watch a few minutes and see if you learn anything.

ya buying illegal guns is real cool.

ridered92
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
6 if u had the same life and childhood as him you would understand

extremeblastr
02-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by brian76708

way to be a douche, the point being that hes trying to take something negative and turn it into something positive. everyone makes mistake some people just make them on a grander scale. not only is he trying to use this to fix whats wrong with his life he is also taking the opportunity to change other peoples lives because his eyes have been opened. if your gonna be the stereotypical douche who just keeps going back to "he shouldn't" have done it then just stay out of the thread.

muddy400EX
02-11-2009, 12:35 AM

dude, thats a ***** thing to say, im not a big rap fan by any means, but ive always like t.i. ya, he had guns, but in the rap world its alot different than other styles of music. they REALLY do have to be worried about getting shot for stupid stuff, whether its stuff they say in there songs about other people, or people that just dont like them. its a different world

300extreme#8
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
ive always liked T.I. bc he is real, he's always had real things to rap about. Things that he has done and not bull**** bout what he could do. Most of the rappers you see fall in the same stereotype category of rapping about a bunch of bullshint, women, how many women they get, how they get women, how they get drunk, how they kill people, how they are the best, and abunch of fake stuff for popularity. T.I. is straight up the real deal. and gives many to look up to. If you took a look at his records you wouldnt want to get near him, but when you meet him you realize theres more to him then his past and that he learned instead of made poblisity about it. I can actually listen to his songs.

Warnerade
02-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
dude, thats a ***** thing to say, im not a big rap fan by any means, but ive always like t.i. ya, he had guns, but in the rap world its alot different than other styles of music. they REALLY do have to be worried about getting shot for stupid stuff, whether its stuff they say in there songs about other people, or people that just dont like them. its a different world lmao, you actually beleive that?

Ill stick to music about sleeping with someones grandmother and killing cats anyday...ICP is all thats in my MP3 player

ridered92
02-11-2009, 04:15 PM
^ F-A-G:rolleyes:

extremeblastr
02-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
^ F-A-G:rolleyes:

just don't argue with him, he will crush you like a bug. he enjoys it to much.

extremeblastr
02-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 300extreme#8
ive always liked T.I. bc he is real, he's always had real things to rap about. Things that he has done and not bull**** bout what he could do. Most of the rappers you see fall in the same stereotype category of rapping about a bunch of bullshint, women, how many women they get, how they get women, how they get drunk, how they kill people, how they are the best, and abunch of fake stuff for popularity. T.I. is straight up the real deal. and gives many to look up to. If you took a look at his records you wouldnt want to get near him, but when you meet him you realize theres more to him then his past and that he learned instead of made poblisity about it. I can actually listen to his songs.

close...but no cigar, he doesn't have to worry about people in the industry shooting him. its the people from his past life that he has to worry about, because he made the mistake of getting involved in all that. its just good that hes used what he learned from his mistakes to move forward and is now using it to change other peoples lives to.

buck440
02-11-2009, 04:21 PM
icp sucks so beyond bad, thats probably why you never hear of them.

Warnerade
02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
^ F-A-G:rolleyes: takes one to know one

derekhonda
02-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't like him or his music, personally.

Why do you guys think that him apologizing and setting things straight should make him ok in everyones eyes?

No, I didn't walk in his shoes, no i don't know how horrible his life was at one point or another, doesnt matter to me.

If Charles manson came out with a tv show called road to redemption and claimed he was sorry and is now a changed man you guys would all jump on board and support him right? Of course not.

Where do you distinguish the two? One murdered...one peddled drugs, weapons, who knows what else. Is that how you differ who is more wrong and can't be forgiven and who was only kinda wrong but can?

What if the drug dealer down the street selling to your friends or younger siblings did the same thing, got caught selling drugs and firearms too. Would you forgive them aswell? Of course not.

But wait, you just said the difference between manson and ti was that ti only sold drugs and did minor stuff and can be forgiven. Hypocrites.

You forgive him because you adore him, and you guys are exactly whats wrong with society right now.

extremeblastr
02-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda

Why do you guys think that him apologizing and setting things straight should make him ok in everyones eyes?

No, I didn't walk in his shoes, no i don't know how horrible his life was at one point or another, doesnt matter to me.

If Charles manson came out with a tv show called road to redemption and claimed he was sorry and is now a changed man you guys would all jump on board and support him right? Of course not.

Where do you distinguish the two? One murdered...one peddled drugs, weapons, who knows what else. Is that how you differ who is more wrong and can't be forgiven and who was only kinda wrong but can?

What if the drug dealer down the street selling to your friends or younger siblings did the same thing, got caught selling drugs and firearms too. Would you forgive them aswell? Of course not.

But wait, you just said the difference between manson and ti was that ti only sold drugs and did minor stuff and can be forgiven. Hypocrites.

You forgive him because you adore him, and you guys are exactly whats wrong with society right now.

i don't adore him or forgive him for what he did but that doesn't change the fact that hes learned and his moving in the right direction and is trying to stop other people from living their life the way he did. what hes doing now is the right thing whether he screw up in the past or not.

buck440
02-11-2009, 04:36 PM
you got to admit riding quads with charles manson would be pretty cool "PIG" :D

brian76708
02-11-2009, 05:12 PM
i don't adore him or forgive him for what he did but that doesn't change the fact that hes learned and his moving in the right direction and is trying to stop other people from living their life the way he did. what hes doing now is the right thing whether he screw up in the past or not.

what you call learn is what t.i saw as a good opportunity to make more money of this tv show.

extremeblastr
02-11-2009, 05:29 PM
what you call learn is what t.i saw as a good opportunity to make more money of this tv show.

you my friend suffer from tunnel vision. he didn't ask them to make this show, mtv got wind of what he was planning on doing and put this together, stay the hell out of the thread if your just gonna come up with every negative point you can. actually while we're at it any of you want to hate on chris brown to? don't understand why your all over someone who is finally doing something right instead of the one out there beating women.

fasterblaster09
02-16-2009, 10:36 AM
you my friend suffer from tunnel vision. he didn't ask them to make this show, mtv got wind of what he was planning on doing and put this together, stay the hell out of the thread if your just gonna come up with every negative point you can. actually while we're at it any of you want to hate on chris brown to? don't understand why your all over someone who is finally doing something right instead of the one out there beating women.

chris brown is a plug. --back to t.i- it is good because he is trying to help others, but its a shame that it comes out right after he is caught for the guns or whatever and when he finds out he's probably going to prison

ridered11
02-16-2009, 11:34 AM
the whole show is a joke, it's like michael jackson making a play ground for kids.....sure it looks good, but you bet your a** he still molests them

ThreeDollaBills
02-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda

Amen brother. That's definitely true. It's sad that just because he writes music people will give him gratitude over doing something wrong, and exactly what about the guy down the street that is selling drugs?

As far as MTV goes.... ****!!! MTV. That channel is a joke. I can't believe anybody would spend their time watching that pathetic 3 lettered channel. I mean look at the shows that they air.. The Hills, Paris Hilton's New BFF, My Super Sweet 16, Parental Control, BROMANCE FFS! There isn't a thing to learn on that channel.

If this Road to Redemption wasn't about the money then they wouldn't have to put it on tv. It could be "unaired"

ThreeDollaBills
02-16-2009, 11:55 AM
end of story

muddy400EX
02-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Warnerade
lmao, you actually beleive that?

Ill stick to music about sleeping with someones grandmother and killing cats anyday...ICP is all thats in my MP3 player

HAHAHA icp ****in sucks arse!

Warnerade
02-16-2009, 03:20 PM
HAHAHA icp ****in sucks arse! your a moron if you beleived me.

ProspectorJim
02-16-2009, 03:58 PM

Why would anyone have something negative to say about a former drug/weapon dealer and a guy who beats up women?:rolleyes:

Also whoever said T.I. doesn't rap about stupid stuff like the other rappers do, What was "whatever you like" about? I'm fairly sure the lines
"Late night sex so wet you're so tight" and "Yeah I want'cho body, I need yo body" are about a women and the whole song is about throwing money around so a women would have sex with him. Most rap songs today are about the same thing.

gcart2
02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
Why would anyone have something negative to say about a former drug/weapon dealer and a guy who beats up women?:rolleyes:

Also whoever said T.I. doesn't rap about stupid stuff like the other rappers do, What was "whatever you like" about? I'm fairly sure the lines
"Late night sex so wet you're so tight" and "Yeah I want'cho body, I need yo body" are about a women and the whole song is about throwing money around so a women would have sex with him. Most rap songs today are about the same thing.

if i had the money i would too.

i swear all you ppl do is hate on things. cant you be positive? he is making a amazing show. why dont you just keep the negativity to yourself?

like your mother once said "if you dont have any thing positive to say, dont say anything at all."

Warnerade
02-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by gcart2

i swear all you ppl do is hate on things. cant you be positive? he is making a amazing show. why dont you just keep the negativity to yourself?

like your mother once said "if you dont have any thing positive to say, dont say anything at all." if your gonna jump on the band wagon...theres gonna be smart people waiting alone the side of the trail to slash the wagons tires.

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim

go back to the same album and listen to the songs dead and gone, my life your entertainment, and no matter what. not just the lyrics either, these are emotional songs for him, you think his previous lifestyle hasn't taken a toll on him? or his relationship with his family?

and every rapper out there is always gonna have the songs about sex and money because it sells albums and makes the real money, singing maybe be what he loves but its how he puts food on the table and pays for the toys for his kids so he is gonna sing songs that people will pay to listen to whether its you buyin it or the guy selling drugs on the corner.

ThreeDollaBills
02-16-2009, 04:27 PM

like your mother once said "if you dont have any thing positive to say, dont say anything at all."

My mom also told me.... "If you don't anything positive to do.. then don't do anything at all.."

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ThreeDollaBills
My mom also told me.... "If you don't anything positive to do.. then don't do anything at all.."

not the point, get out

Warnerade
02-16-2009, 04:35 PM
not the point, get out thats actualy exactly the point.

You ever cheat on your gf, get caught...apologize, unless your amazing in the sack or filthy rich, your *** is getting dumped. Would making a TV show apologizing make it better? It might be sweet and romantic, but i still cheated and shouldnt be trusted.

if a drug dealer goes clean and never sells another drug its only because he didnt live long enough. People dont change.

gcart2
02-16-2009, 04:39 PM
thats actualy exactly the point.

You ever cheat on your gf, get caught...apologize, unless your amazing in the sack or filthy rich, your *** is getting dumped. Would making a TV show apologizing make it better? It might be sweet and romantic, but i still cheated and shouldnt be trusted.

if a drug dealer goes clean and never sells another drug its only because he didnt live long enough. People dont change.

cmon man, have faith in ppl.

TI is done for life. do you really think he cares what ppl say while hes locked up? hes done, hes never coming out.

i would have said other wise if he would be getting out in a month.

its kind of cool that he comes out clean.

please dont jump on me i hate internet bully's.

ThreeDollaBills
02-16-2009, 06:22 PM
What him and I are just saying this that any ordinary person wouldn't get this kinda of recognition for doing a crime. They would just be put in the slammer, and people would say "who gives a ****."

We are saying that T.I. did wrong. He should get any kind of recognition. He should just be put in the slammer, and people should say "who gives a ****."

And for my previous statement. I was saying that if he's going to say that if you don't anything nice to say don't say anything at all.... Then if T.I. couldn't do any good in his life, then he shouldn't have done anything at all... tough luck mother****** you're in jail for life.

He's a nobody now. He needs to suck it up and parish like anybody else would.

ThreeDollaBills
02-16-2009, 06:30 PM
I mean I could understand if he got recognition for selling like 100 million records or something, but he did something wrong. Let him pay ffs.

Gray33
02-16-2009, 06:37 PM
go back to the same album and listen to the songs dead and gone, my life your entertainment, and no matter what. not just the lyrics either, these are emotional songs for him, you think his previous lifestyle hasn't taken a toll on him? or his relationship with his family?

and every rapper out there is always gonna have the songs about sex and money because it sells albums and makes the real money, singing maybe be what he loves but its how he puts food on the table and pays for the toys for his kids so he is gonna sing songs that people will pay to listen to whether its you buyin it or the guy selling drugs on the corner.

So, you going to be the producer for a CMT verison of "Road to Redemtion". ol' Willie nelson will go on there and say sorry for him smoking weed and etc.

Hell, if one singer is going to make a show about how he is changed man now and he is sorry. Come on, this show is a joke

ridered11
02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
how do you have respect for a gun tote-in gang banger?

you already got obama.......

whitebros400
02-16-2009, 08:17 PM
not all black people are gun tote-in gang bangers. it all depends on where they come from. like me i am black but i live in a good positive neighborhood with good friends that keep each other out of trouble.

ProspectorJim
02-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by whitebros400
not all black people are gun tote-in gang bangers. it all depends on where they come from. like me i am black but i live in a good positive neighborhood with good friends that keep each other out of trouble.

Nobody said anything about him being black...

extremeblastr
02-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by whitebros400

not even close to the issue at hand, this isn't about race. its just about someone making stupid decisions all his life and finally making a couple smart ones and doing something good

ThreeDollaBills
02-17-2009, 07:04 AM
But he can do that without it being on tv.

derekhonda
02-17-2009, 07:13 AM

That is very true.

brian76708
02-17-2009, 12:06 PM
What him and I are just saying this that any ordinary person wouldn't get this kinda of recognition for doing a crime. They would just be put in the slammer, and people would say "who gives a ****."

exactly i couldnt agree with you more.

scuzz
02-17-2009, 01:19 PM

and every rapper out there is always gonna have the songs about sex and money because it sells albums

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling_out
"Selling out" refers to the compromising of one's integrity, morality and principles in exchange for money, 'success' (however defined) or other personal gain. It is commonly associated with attempts to increase mass appeal or acceptability to mainstream society. A person who does this, as opposed to continuing along his or her original path, is labelled a sellout and typically regarded with disgust and immediate loss of respect. Selling out is often seen as gaining success at the cost of credibility.

ben300
02-17-2009, 03:52 PM

completely agree'd..i can not fathom why so many ppl my age your ang older idealize these jerk offs....they dont send good messages at aall..

my whoe theory is, hes facing fellony sentences of like a bazilion years an theres no way hes getting off, so my bet is hes not only doing this for the pay check but to show that hes morally changed to tryand please the judge or some somethign alon tat line..

muddy400EX
02-17-2009, 08:23 PM
all you guys that are hatin on him are missing the point of the show. ya he could just help people and not make a show, but they prolly figured why not make a show of it, so some of the kids that are hustlin can see they dont have to. alot of kids follow rappers(for some reason) and want to be just like them. so maybe if a rapper helps kids out of trouble, some people will see it and realize they dont have to do bad things, and in t.i.'s case, see what happens if you do. iono just my opinon

FreekShow
02-17-2009, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by ben300
completely agree'd..i can not fathom why so many ppl my age your ang older idealize these jerk offs....they dont send good messages at aall..

my whoe theory is, hes facing fellony sentences of like a bazilion years an theres no way hes getting off, so my bet is hes not only doing this for the pay check but to show that hes morally changed to tryand please the judge or some somethign alon tat line..

he is actually serving a year in prison with 1000 hours of community service. if he screws up while on bail right now then he will be sentenced to 30 years. his sentencing is already done so no, he is not trying to impress the judge.

SRH
02-18-2009, 05:51 PM
the middle class and some of the rich are oblivious to the reality's of life and judge peoples decisions without fully understanding the environment a individual comes from etc.

there are ambitious, rich , they just get richer, middle class kids go to college and buy themselves a middle class life, and the poor stay poor, or discover some avenue to obtain a better life, i cant really say i would not expect ti to make a bad decision like the machine gun deal.... but you have to understand, if your dirt poor, and are looking at minimum wage or college for yrs then a job making 30-40k a year you might for go your morals in turn for some quick cash after awhile you become so disensitzed to it, it becomes 2nd nature... its what life molds you into

he made a mistake, he def narked on some people for that reduced sentence, now he has to be worried about his life and his families, i dont care for his music but he seems to be doing as much as he can with what he has to make ammends for his wrongs

now all the rich kids can say lock his *** up, why couldnt he get a job like my dad

well im not gonan knock your dad because the poor hustle the middle class to get by and the rich make there livings off making there lifestyle seem necessary to a group of people with lesser means, its a wonder what marketing can do, "take a loan get that big house, big car, cellphones" its all a gimmick and govt instills this good message, good moral ideals in all these people and there taking advantage of it, as well as the poor people who either figured it out or just live off the system

you just gotta live your life

SRH
02-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
how do you have respect for a gun tote-in gang banger?

you already got obama.......

thats a very ignorant statement, some people might respect ti for taking a life of nothing and making himself a success, something more than 9 /10ths of americans cant...regardless of how he did it or what he had to do, lifes all about survival and hes surviving better than most of us... so why dont you worry about yourself, than someone who is a winner, most people say oh hes a winner yeah right id never buy machine guns im more of a winner than him...yeah ok, haha hes a super star and your online finding out how to get spark to your 98 300ex.... please people you sound ridiculous

every minority gets fingered as a problem for some time period, just white people were gangsters so long ago we get cocky , oh white folks wouldnt do that , **** those gangsters were dumping tea in the ocean not too long ago, they get famous by talking about sex???? i think its more or less sex isnt stashed away in the closet by the poor, and they end becoming very raunchy and raw when discussing the topic

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SRH
the middle class and some of the rich are oblivious to the reality's of life and judge peoples decisions without fully understanding the environment a individual comes from etc.

there are ambitious, rich , they just get richer, middle class kids go to college and buy themselves a middle class life, and the poor stay poor, or discover some avenue to obtain a better life, i cant really say i would not expect ti to make a bad decision like the machine gun deal.... but you have to understand, if your dirt poor, and are looking at minimum wage or college for yrs then a job making 30-40k a year you might for go your morals in turn for some quick cash after awhile you become so disensitzed to it, it becomes 2nd nature... its what life molds you into

he made a mistake, he def narked on some people for that reduced sentence, now he has to be worried about his life and his families, i dont care for his music but he seems to be doing as much as he can with what he has to make ammends for his wrongs

now all the rich kids can say lock his *** up, why couldnt he get a job like my dad

well im not gonan knock your dad because the poor hustle the middle class to get by and the rich make there livings off making there lifestyle seem necessary to a group of people with lesser means, its a wonder what marketing can do, "take a loan get that big house, big car, cellphones" its all a gimmick and govt instills this good message, good moral ideals in all these people and there taking advantage of it, as well as the poor people who either figured it out or just live off the system

you just gotta live your life
We know what you're saying, but THE LAW is THE LAW. You do something wrong you should be locked up.

It doesn't matter if you're dirty poor.. that doesn't mean you can commit crimes to get by.

And ya, there are some people out there that had a "hard" childhood, but that gives them no damn reason to sit there and live theirs like their parents.

I come from a house hold of a single mother that worked at a grocery store. My father died when I was 10 because he drank himself to death. What am I doing with my life? I'm going to school so that hopefully I can give my children a more stable life than I have for the first 20 years of mine. I'm not out dealing crack to the college kids around town, and I'm not shooting up someone that someone else didn't like.

I think that the whole well he had a hard life excuse or well his parents treated him bad as a kid, is a HORRIBLE excuse for someone to turn out how they are.

If you're mentally capable of not being lazy then you will go out and get yourself a good job so you will live a steady life.

Another thing that pisses me off is people saying that they cant afford college.. Well who the **** can? My mother makes 12k a year, and I still went out and got student loans to better my education. I didn't go out and sell crack to the college kids, or shoot up the person that someone else didn't like.

Moral of my rant... don't make excuses for who you are or why you are some way... it's YOUR fault for who you are, and YOU have to ability to determine the outcome of YOUR life.

So do I think that this rapper should go to jail? Yes. Do I have any sympathy for him? No. Do I think that he could have done this without a tv show? Yes. And finally how desperate do I think MTV is for publicity? Obviously very because they have to go and make a stupid *** show like this. It's pointless.

Enough said.

SRH
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
no one is saying he should just get off because hes a rapper, and the law doesnt see it that way, if anything there harder, he obviously got a light sentence because he cut deals.....

yes the jobs available in these super poor areas they couldnt even get loans to live any sort of life......there not excuses, there the facts....no one is making excuses for anyones actions, they are the reasons these things occur, i figured some of you were being so ignorant maybe some insight would help you understand there actions a bit better, it doesnt mean you have to like what they do , but put yourself in that postion, your going to be poor or look at whats available to you and pick the one that you think will be the most fruitful, if you want these things to stop occuring find a way to restructure society

if your mom is only making 12k a year how does she support a family? why are you out riding 4 wheelers and sitting on the internet if shes on the brink of poverty?

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by SRH
no one is saying he should just get off because hes a rapper, and the law doesnt see it that way, if anything there harder, he obviously got a light sentence because he cut deals.....

yes the jobs available in these super poor areas they couldnt even get loans to live any sort of life......there not excuses, there the facts....no one is making excuses for anyones actions, they are the reasons these things occur, i figured some of you were being so ignorant maybe some insight would help you understand there actions a bit better, it doesnt mean you have to like what they do , but put yourself in that postion, your going to be poor or look at whats available to you and pick the one that you think will be the most fruitful, if you want these things to stop occuring find a way to restructure society

if your mom is only making 12k a year how does she support a family? why are you out riding 4 wheelers and sitting on the internet if shes on the brink of poverty?

Because I went out and got an education. I now work a paid internship where I make three times the pay she does (benefits of a fortune 500 company). I often support her. Buy groceries, pay bills, and have money set back for the emergencies.

SRH
02-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Because I went out and got an education. I now work a paid internship where I make three times the pay she does (benefits of a fortune 500 company). I often support her. Buy groceries, pay bills, and have money set back for the emergencies.

well then im sure youve realized 36,000 is hard to even get by on.... living on your own too?

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 07:11 PM
No. I live with her still. I'm going to local college. But I don't plan on making 36000 a year after I graduate.

And with what you said about people picking from what little choices they have... If you have enough drive to do something you can get it done. You have to agree with me that most of the people that are living in poverty brought it on themselves. They were too lazy to work hard to get what the need. They just settled with what was left in front of them, which unfortunately in most cases isn't even close to good enough to live a steady life.

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM

which means you don't understand, i'll bet even in your "hard" life your mom found a way to buy news clothes for school and put presents under the tree, try living without any of that. try living with shopping at the salvation army stores because its the only place you can afford to get clothes and what not at. just because you made it out the right way doesn't mean every one can or will, when things get to a certain point you start thinking damn ya know what i could just do this and put some money in my pocket and live nice for a few days, then it turns into a few weeks and the few months and then the next thing you know your wrapped up in for your whole life. everyone knows what he did was wrong but don't judge unless you really know what the situation is like, if you've never been to the point where your involved in anything like that you have no room to talk. i'm not gonna lie, i fell in with the wrong people when i was younger and got arrested for posession with intent to sell and here i am 6 years later with it expunged from my record about to head off to boot camp and make something of myself. life isn't about what you do wrong its about how you learn from it and what you do with what you learn, the sooner you figure that out the sooner you'll have something to be proud of.

SRH
02-18-2009, 07:17 PM
to an extent i agree with you, the children of these people are the ones who dont know any better, there born and raised in this environment and know nothing else, they see a way to make a quick 3-5k dollars and there all for it, they want the life they see everyone around them living a better life, what do you think there going to do , there not going to live at home while they attend college if they can be out making more than they likely will when they graduate right now...thats the problem and thats what ti's show is about, so if you werent so pigheaded because hes a rapper youd realize he found it out the hardway and is trying to show these young people to go slow and steady and it will work better for there lives in the long run

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
which means you don't understand, i'll bet even in your "hard" life your mom found a way to buy news clothes for school and put presents under the tree, try living without any of that. try living with shopping at the salvation army stores because its the only place you can afford to get clothes and what not at. just because you made it out the right way doesn't mean every one can or will, when things get to a certain point you start thinking damn ya know what i could just do this and put some money in my pocket and live nice for a few days, then it turns into a few weeks and the few months and then the next thing you know your wrapped up in for your whole life. everyone knows what he did was wrong but don't judge unless you really know what the situation is like, if you've never been to the point where your involved in anything like that you have no room to talk. i'm not gonna lie, i fell in with the wrong people when i was younger and got arrested for posession with intent to sell and here i am 6 years later with it expunged from my record about to head off to boot camp and make something of myself. life isn't about what you do wrong its about how you learn from it and what you do with what you learn, the sooner you figure that out the sooner you'll have something to be proud of.

Yes she did. She got into a **** load of debt. Unto the point to where I had guys coming to my house and taking my **** because she wasn't able to even pay the required payment. There were times up until I was 15 that I didn't have **** to do because the power was off during the summer, and there were times I didn't have tv or a cell phone. I wore the same cloths from my sophomore to my senior year. I worked 40 hrs a week at a pizza shop and my checks went to nothing but helping her pay bills, and having a vehicle to deliver pizza in... so Ihave felt some poverty in my life. I do understand what some of these people are going through. I know how tempting it is to take the easy way out. But I took that lesson to heart and decided to be proactive. Spent nights studying to get better grades. You've got to work to make it, and most of these people you're talking about havent done a thing to try to turn their life around.

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 07:24 PM
[i]if you werent so pigheaded because hes a rapper /B]
I own his latest cd, and I could say his song "Ready for Whatever" by heart.
I'm not saying all this because he's a rapper. I respect rap.

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes she did. She got into a **** load of debt. Unto the point to where I had guys coming to my house and taking my **** because she wasn't able to even pay the required payment. There were times up until I was 15 that I didn't have **** to do because the power was off during the summer, and there were times I didn't have tv or a cell phone. I wore the same cloths from my sophomore to my senior year. I worked 40 hrs a week at a pizza shop and my checks went to nothing but helping her pay bills, and having a vehicle to deliver pizza in... so Ihave felt some poverty in my life. I do understand what some of these people are going through. I know how tempting it is to take the easy way out. But I took that lesson to heart and decided to be proactive. Spent nights studying to get better grades. You've got to work to make it, and most of these people you're talking about havent done a thing to try to turn their life around.

my point being though that now that he has made it to the top and made a mistake and seen how fast all that can go out the window and he can be back where he started he is trying to turn his life around, and not just his other people's to and thats why i'm ok with this being a t.v. show, because i'm hoping that somewhere in this country some kid is watching this and going "damn that could be me, i gotta stop doing this before i go to jail or get killed"

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 07:29 PM
my point being though that now that he has made it to the top and made a mistake and seen how fast all that can go out the window and he can be back where he started he is trying to turn his life around, and not just his other people's to and thats why i'm ok with this being a t.v. show, because i'm hoping that somewhere in this country some kid is watching this and going "damn that could be me, i gotta stop doing this before i go to jail or get killed"
But with seeing all the other bogus show's that MTV has. Do you REALLY think that's why they are doing it?

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
But with seeing all the other bogus show's that MTV has. Do you REALLY think that's why they are doing it?

i know that has absolutely nothing to do with why mtv is airing it, but t.i. is doing it to make an impact on people and good for him if hes making money off of it because personally i'd love to be in a situation where when i make a mistake i make more money ya know what i mean? i get where you guys are coming from but at the beginning of this thread you were all being ignorant and coming down on him and us just because you wanted to believe i had no basis for supporting what hes doing

ThreeDollaBills
02-18-2009, 07:34 PM
i know that has absolutely nothing to do with why mtv is airing it, but t.i. is doing it to make an impact on people and good for him if hes making money off of it because personally i'd love to be in a situation where when i make a mistake i make more money ya know what i mean? i get where you guys are coming from but at the beginning of this thread you were all being ignorant and coming down on him and us just because you wanted to believe i had no basis for supporting what hes doing

I'm fighting two different arguments here.

1. I don't think that MTV is doing it for the right reason.

2. People earlier in the thread were saying he should not have to do time because he was famous.

It wasn't because T.I. was doing something right. I congrat him for turning his life around. But I think it should have nothing to do with the lessening the severity of his sentencing.

Warnerade
02-18-2009, 07:38 PM
hmm...this thread went from defending T.I. because he has to worry about being shot at, and thats why he made the decisions he did...tot he fact that he grew up with a rough life, and grew up into making the decisions he did because it was second nature...

whats next, he broke the law because his kids play grand theft auto and they talked him into it?

give me a break

I'm gonna go steal a car and when I get caught i'll just tell the cops if I didnt steal it that person could have went left of center and hit me head on, killing me....so I chose to save my own life, as long as we all got a valid excuse lets go do whatevers morally not right!

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 07:59 PM
hmm...this thread went from defending T.I. because he has to worry about being shot at, and thats why he made the decisions he did...tot he fact that he grew up with a rough life, and grew up into making the decisions he did because it was second nature...

whats next, he broke the law because his kids play grand theft auto and they talked him into it?

give me a break

I'm gonna go steal a car and when I get caught i'll just tell the cops if I didnt steal it that person could have went left of center and hit me head on, killing me....so I chose to save my own life, as long as we all got a valid excuse lets go do whatevers morally not right!

who are you arguing with? the only person i've seen in this thread besides myself who has had anywhere near a valid point in his defense is srh. i agree entirely that what hes doing shouldn't have anything to do with lessening his sentence. no matter what he did the crime and should be punished for it. but what he is doing is still a good thing and whether you want to be an ignorant a**hole or not kids that grow up in the kind of neighborhood he did around that lifestyle are 150% more likely to start doing that type of thing because its just what they're used to and its easier. so if you want to be a d*** about it thats fine but go do it another thread because we're actually having a discussion about this here instead of just trying throw negative bs around.

ProspectorJim
02-18-2009, 08:04 PM
who are you arguing with? the only person i've seen in this thread besides myself who has had anywhere near a valid point in his defense is srh. i agree entirely that what hes doing shouldn't have anything to do with lessening his sentence. no matter what he did the crime and should be punished for it. but what he is doing is still a good thing and whether you want to be an ignorant a**hole or not kids that grow up in the kind of neighborhood he did around that lifestyle are 150% more likely to start doing that type of thing because its just what they're used to and its easier. so if you want to be a d*** about it thats fine but go do it another thread because we're actually having a discussion about this here instead of just trying throw negative bs around.

Are you sure your point isn't valid only because you agree with it?

ben300
02-18-2009, 08:05 PM

do you honestly think that he is dong this to chang eppls life..teh only reason why he's doing htis is to stay out of jail for less time...do you honest think if he was in thsi situation he would go out adn make a show changing ppls lives......chances are NO!

...and if he lfet this so called life theat he grew up in, and made it better,,,,,WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH WAS HE BUYIGN ILLEGAL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS?....why didnt he just go out adn..get a licence..adn a conceled carry...or a body gaurd if he was making so much jing....

imo....he just as bad as the ppl he portrays in his music...

and i dont wanna here about him not being able to choose or what ever when he was younger....thats seriously the biggest sob song i have ever heard in my life and is so over played...every person is born with the right to choose to do what they want in life..they could start fromt eh begining and get their asses out..and they choose not to...enough said

Warnerade
02-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Would you give it a rest? Your agreeing with srh because he said the same thing you did but 10x better. That's why its th only valid point here. I call that being a tool. I read over every post here, considered it and tossed it. 50 bucks you automatically dismissed mine cuz it wasn't the same as yours.

You sure I'm the ignorant one?

buck440
02-18-2009, 08:17 PM
i use to be trailer trash........now i feel at home in here.

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 08:19 PM
do you honestly think that he is dong this to chang eppls life..teh only reason why he's doing htis is to stay out of jail for less time...do you honest think if he was in thsi situation he would go out adn make a show changing ppls lives......chances are NO!

...and if he lfet this so called life theat he grew up in, and made it better,,,,,WHY ON GODS GREEN EARTH WAS HE BUYIGN ILLEGAL AUTOMATIC WEAPONS?....why didnt he just go out adn..get a licence..adn a conceled carry...or a body gaurd if he was making so much jing....

imo....he just as bad as the ppl he portrays in his music...

and i dont wanna here about him not being able to choose or what ever when he was younger....thats seriously the biggest sob song i have ever heard in my life and is so over played...every person is born with the right to choose to do what they want in life..they could start fromt eh begining and get their asses out..and they choose not to...enough said

again your being ignorant as hell, i already said straight up that he did the crime and deserves to get the punishment. Its nowhere near as easy to "leave" that life as you want it to be. once you get to a certain point there is no turning back unless you get arrested like he did because the people your involved will literally come and kill you for trying to get out because they get scared your gonna ruin what they've got. don't tell me no either because i spent 3 years around these people and it was by far the stupidest thing i've ever done and i can't go into certain parts of my "city" for fear of gettin the s*** kicked out of me by these punks with nothing to lose. whether he is doing this for what you consider the right reasons or not it is still a good thing and may change some peoples lives for the better and help those who are doing alright stay in check so stop being an uptight a-hole about it.

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Would you give it a rest? Your agreeing with srh because he said the same thing you did but 10x better. That's why its th only valid point here. I call that being a tool. I read over every post here, considered it and tossed it. 50 bucks you automatically dismissed mine cuz it wasn't the same as yours.

You sure I'm the ignorant one?

your being narrow minded because i won't agree with your entire point which makes you ignorant. i agree with you guys to an extent but you choose not to see what the positive effects of him screwing up and doing this could be. everyone has a purpose in life, maybe his is to be an example of what not to do.

Warnerade
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
You can't even comeup with your own thouhts, you just told me the same thng I said to you, way to go scooter.

I think we have enough bad examples in todays modern world to tart adding to the list and saying it was his purpose.

ben300
02-18-2009, 08:31 PM
its is as easy as that..you have a choice..dont get involved with that **** to begin with..then you wont have to GET OUT...for cripe sake give me a break...that what everyone that has some prolbem uses that BS......i could have easily choosen to be a jerk off grwoing up, do drugs, **** off, get introuble, fail out of school...and you kow what..i choose not to....i had that choice and so does evneryoen esle

adn i see what your sayign aobut changing ppls lives....but do you think that this show is jut gonna CHANGE MILLIONS OF KIDS LIVES....it aint...maybe a few...maybe the kids on teh show...maybe...

and like i said before...if he didnt get caughgt...he woudl be doign the show...he'd probably still be THUGGIN...or w/e

lets put it this way...if scott petterson was to go on tv adn say..lacy petterson and the baby are burried under the oak tree in teh back yard....would we let him do a show..raod to redemption...no..

so quit gloryfyign these ppl jstu because they're doign somethign they dotn watnto do...because they ****ed up

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 08:35 PM
You can't even comeup with your own thouhts, you just told me the same thng I said to you, way to go scooter.

I think we have enough bad examples in todays modern world to tart adding to the list and saying it was his purpose.

and he is by far not the worst. i didn't say exactly what you said because i wasn't being a d***head in my post. you have a pretty high opinion of yourself and do nothing but come down on people, learn to be a little more humble.

ben300
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
and he is by far not the worst. i didn't say exactly what you said because i wasn't being a d***head in my post. you have a pretty high opinion of yourself and do nothing but come down on people, learn to be a little more humble.

and not to be a dick head as your saying...but maybe he has a little self respec and maybe your jsut a little to self rightous

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 08:37 PM
its is as easy as that..you have a choice..dont get involved with that **** to begin with..then you wont have to GET OUT...for cripe sake give me a break...that what everyone that has some prolbem uses that BS......i could have easily choosen to be a jerk off grwoing up, do drugs, **** off, get introuble, fail out of school...and you kow what..i choose not to....i had that choice and so does evneryoen esle

adn i see what your sayign aobut changing ppls lives....but do you think that this show is jut gonna CHANGE MILLIONS OF KIDS LIVES....it aint...maybe a few...maybe the kids on teh show...maybe...

and like i said before...if he didnt get caughgt...he woudl be doign the show...he'd probably still be THUGGIN...or w/e

lets put it this way...if scott petterson was to go on tv adn say..lacy petterson and the baby are burried under the oak tree in teh back yard....would we let him do a show..raod to redemption...no..

so quit gloryfyign these ppl jstu because they're doign somethign they dotn watnto do...because they ****ed up

i get what your saying with the choice thing entirely. but you need to understand that there are a lot of people out there who don't grow up with the right example because where they're from that is the right choice, as far as they're concerned thats a normal life. i totally understand where you guys are coming from and see your points, some of them are good, but that doesn't make them right. nor am i saying i'm completely right, i'm just trying to open your eyes a little and see how much really does need to be changed out there.

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 08:38 PM
and not to be a dick head as your saying...but maybe he has a little self respec and maybe your jsut a little to self rightous

there is a difference between self respect and ego.

SRH
02-18-2009, 08:39 PM
mtv only plays shows so they can get ratings and in turn more revenue from ads, i beleive this guy wants to make a difference in these peoples lives, plus its good for his career because, it makes him look like less of a scumbag to the general public, those that came from where he did maye understand what happened, but hes trying to salvage his career and sell recordss to the masses, like you guys have shown some may think hes just a law breaking scumbag, if you dont like mtv change the channel, some of you guys get too hung up on stuff, are you jealous he made it with his law breakin ways and has some money and got a break.... i mean really thats jealousy, otherwise youd say eh i dont agree but oh well, you guys started a mob and are looking to hang the guy, he made a mistake, his life is public he should of known better, i mean i know weve all broke the law before...

ben300
02-18-2009, 08:41 PM
i get what your saying with the choice thing entirely. but you need to understand that there are a lot of people out there who don't grow up with the right example because where they're from that is the right choice, as far as they're concerned thats a normal life. i totally understand where you guys are coming from and see your points, some of them are good, but that doesn't make them right. nor am i saying i'm completely right, i'm just trying to open your eyes a little and see how much really does need to be changed out there.

and i see where you coming from..adn im just sayign that i dotn agree with the show or the morrailty of it....

i would more prefer if he woudl have not gotten a show..tah hes possibly geting paid for..adn actualy had to do some serious commmunity service...

i seriously think its just stupid..no other normal person would be aloud to do that..i mean ya ppl go speak infront of schoosl about runk driving..btu if i was in his postiton...my *** would be goign to jail proabably for ten years...may deal is..if he wants to get the poitn across..dotn have show documenting hsi...have him see these kids...ya have him talk to schoosl what not..but as a normal person..cuase when it comes down to that..hes jsut a person...who talks real fast in rhym for money

ben300
02-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by SRH
mtv only plays shows so they can get ratings and in turn more revenue from ads, i beleive this guy wants to make a difference in these peoples lives, plus its good for his career because, it makes him look like less of a scumbag to the general public, those that came from where he did maye understand what happened, but hes trying to salvage his career and sell recordss to the masses, like you guys have shown some may think hes just a law breaking scumbag, if you dont like mtv change the channel, some of you guys get too hung up on stuff, are you jealous he made it with his law breakin ways and has some money and got a break.... i mean really thats jealousy, otherwise youd say eh i dont agree but oh well, you guys started a mob and are looking to hang the guy, he made a mistake, his life is public he should of known better, i mean i know weve all broke the law before...

personaly it has nothign to do about money....i dont care...i dont like his immage...im not jelous of his money..i have a good degree..a good job...i make money...adn im happy with waht i have...quti assuming that im jelous of his bling...cars adn girsl he has...cause i truly dont care...i live a simplistic lifestyle of morals and values..adn his morals andvalues are not along teh liens of mine adn thats wha i have aproblem with...

and yes..i dont wathc the show..i ahve changed ethe channel to some ...um what you can saw...in my opinion...quality tv

extremeblastr
02-18-2009, 08:45 PM
i can understand the show upsetting you but at the same time its gettin to 10X as many people as it would if he were to go around and speak at schools. plus if he went to the schools and what not i think kids would be to hung up on having a superstar in front of them to actually listen to what he is saying. the only reason i approve of this show is i have high hopes for it getting to some people who were doing the things i was and helping them turn their lives around before they screw it up for good. i'm just sick of everyone who gets arrested for something like being called a no good scumbag, like srh said we all break the law and for some of us the severity levels seem different because of what we see and live through on a day to day basis.

Warnerade
02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
there is a difference between self respect and ego. sorry, didn't know having both was such a bad thing. I sure do wish I wasn't taught right from wrong, maybe I'd understand a little.

Funny though, when its everyone else I come down on, you think its funny. When its you I'm just a Dick. Ah well, way to make it personal.

SRH
02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
i can understand the show upsetting you but at the same time its gettin to 10X as many people as it would if he were to go around and speak at schools. plus if he went to the schools and what not i think kids would be to hung up on having a superstar in front of them to actually listen to what he is saying. the only reason i approve of this show is i have high hopes for it getting to some people who were doing the things i was and helping them turn their lives around before they screw it up for good. i'm just sick of everyone who gets arrested for something like being called a no good scumbag, like srh said we all break the law and for some of us the severity levels seem different because of what we see and live through on a day to day basis.

the only people that can make a difference to another person is someone in there shoes who knows where they came from who they are and where there going to go... thats why ti can make a impact, you could take any upstanding individual and have him preach morals its going in one ear and out the other, ti is respected, he made it , he can impact these kids lives..... i mean elliot spitzer just lost his job, ****, haha if i was hiring hookers theyd have me on the news looking like a pervert and id be ruined plus get time, so your either narking or you have crazy money and grease palms, if not youll do the time, thats what it boils down to, mtv is all about money, if they werent why bother

muddy400EX
02-18-2009, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ben300

[/QUOTE

i dont get why everyones comparing him to other people, he didnt go on a ****ing killing spree with these guns, he just had them. basically, he sold some drugs back in the day, and illegally had guns. woopdee ****in doo! almost everyone in my town and has done this! now if he went and shot 20 people with these guns he has, i could understand the comparisons with people who have killed someone:ermm:

ben300
02-18-2009, 09:40 PM

i dont get why everyones comparing him to other people, he didnt go on a ****ing killing spree with these guns, he just had them. basically, he sold some drugs back in the day, and illegally had guns. woopdee ****in doo! almost everyone in my town and has done this! now if he went and shot 20 people with these guns he has, i could understand the comparisons with people who have killed someone:ermm: [/B]

are you a moron?...im not sayi have a problem with him having guns....hell i have over 50+ guns at my house....the fact is that he had to go out and buy illegal guns...for what?...does he have to portray a ganster so bad that he needs go out and buy this ****...

and yes ints not woopdee ****...he broke the law....so he has to suffer the consequence.\s..and i can honestly say taht, and i have been AAALLLLLL over this country, that i have never been to place where almost everyone sells drugs and buys illegal weapson...

and what if he would have killed someone iwht thos guns...that would jsut be more fuel for the anti's to take my guns away that i LEGALLY BOUGHT......

SRH
02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
are you a moron?...im not sayi have a problem with him having guns....hell i have over 50+ guns at my house....the fact is that he had to go out and buy illegal guns...for what?...does he have to portray a ganster so bad that he needs go out and buy this ****...

and yes ints not woopdee ****...he broke the law....so he has to suffer the consequence.\s..and i can honestly say taht, and i have been AAALLLLLL over this country, that i have never been to place where almost everyone sells drugs and buys illegal weapson...

and what if he would have killed someone iwht thos guns...that would jsut be more fuel for the anti's to take my guns away that i LEGALLY BOUGHT......

lol yeah since youd know they all wear uniforms that say drug dealer, gun dealer etc..... we really dont know but you guys shouldnt get so personal, i dont condone any of this gangster wanna be stuff , i just like looking at both sides of it and i lvoe a good debate but be a bit more mature, or your just making work for the moderators

SRH
02-18-2009, 09:52 PM

haha yeah there gonna shoot someone with there own gun, then leave it thre and say come find me, i know alot of guys in the army who have left with guns that well...they shouldnt of....honestly man, your just mad and bitter, relax and discuss not yell and fight

ben300
02-18-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by SRH
lol yeah since youd know they all wear uniforms that say drug dealer, gun dealer etc..... we really dont know but you guys shouldnt get so personal, i dont condone any of this gangster wanna be stuff , i just like looking at both sides of it and i lvoe a good debate but be a bit more mature, or your just making work for the moderators

i am being mature...i see things more on a conservative note..you like to stay in the middle...extreme...he floats out left....

its all personal views..we're all entitled to our views and opinions..at leat at the moment we still are..i im and no way taking it personal...

i jsut can not stand ti when ppl condone illegal things...

thats why america is going down the dumps..imo

ben300
02-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SRH
haha yeah there gonna shoot someone with there own gun, then leave it thre and say come find me, i know alot of guys in the army who have left with guns that well...they shouldnt of....honestly man, your just mad and bitter, relax and discuss not yell and fight

no...im not mad and not bitter...high gass prices...make sme bitter...stepping in dog poop makes me mad...

im just saying...infact...it makes not point nto more...

half of hteppl on here find nothign wrong tihs...soem do...

muddy400EX
02-18-2009, 10:36 PM

haha, u should come to my town then! people deal and do drugs that u would never expect, TRUST ME!
and he CANT legally have guns, hes a convicted felon. he wasnt tryin to be a gansta buyin guns, he had his security guard buy him guns after one of his friends who he knew since he was kid was shot and killed, by a car that pulled up beside them. iono about u, but if a car pulled up next to me, started lightin my car up with bullets and killed my best friend, u better bet ur ****in *** im gonna buy some guns, whether i can legally or not!

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by SRH
like you guys have shown some may think hes just a law breaking scumbag, if you dont like mtv change the channel, some of you guys get too hung up on stuff, are you jealous he made it with his law breakin ways and has some money and got a break.... i mean really thats jealousy,

I am nowhere near jealous of this guy. Look at his situation, and how bad it makes this nation look as a whole. As far as I'm concerned he didn't "make it." Nobody that has to worry about being shot the **** up on the street corner has "made it."

I guess what I'm really trying to get at is... that he is automatically put on a pedestal because he's famous, well when he committed crimes and gets caught I think he looses that privilege. He should be treated just like everyone else.

And as many of these people out here have already stated. It's not like he couldn't have done this show before he got caught. It didn't take him to get caught to realize how deep he was. He's just doing this to get out. And I wouldn't be surprised if when he does get out he's doing the same **** as he was before he got caught. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he's going to change.

Look at the statistics like some 90% of people that go to jail end back up in jail within 3 months. He's only human, so that means he's more than likely in that 90%.

ben300
02-19-2009, 07:04 AM
haha, u should come to my town then! people deal and do drugs that u would never expect, TRUST ME!
and he CANT legally have guns, hes a convicted felon. he wasnt tryin to be a gansta buyin guns, he had his security guard buy him guns after one of his friends who he knew since he was kid was shot and killed, by a car that pulled up beside them. iono about u, but if a car pulled up next to me, started lightin my car up with bullets and killed my best friend, u better bet ur ****in *** im gonna buy some guns, whether i can legally or not!

lucky enough for me, i dont have to live in an area where i have to worry about being shot..

and if things liek taht happen, which they have in the past..those ppl usual get caught adn go to jail...

like i said before...he has choices in life...choose to make the wrong ones...quit putting a halo over his head cause of his music in this show...

cause when it come sdoen to it..it dotn change a thing

derekhonda
02-19-2009, 07:41 AM
The people who support him, do you do so because you really think you know him, and you feel all of his pain because of this rediculously "tough life" he lived and you believe and understand all of his sincereness; or do you support him because you like "how he spits his tunes"?

I just will never understand this countries obsession with celebrities. Go talk to a fireman or a soldier or just a really cool old man who lived a great life if you want someone to look up to.

The Bottom line is he broke the law, and now he will go to jail. End of this dumb story.

(que chief wiggum voice)
Move along here there's nothing to see here.

extremeblastr
02-19-2009, 07:48 AM
lucky enough for me, i dont have to live in an area where i have to worry about being shot..

and if things liek taht happen, which they have in the past..those ppl usual get caught adn go to jail...

like i said before...he has choices in life...choose to make the wrong ones...quit putting a halo over his head cause of his music in this show...

cause when it come sdoen to it..it dotn change a thing

your going back to the same arguement every time and all it does is show how uneducated you really are when it comes to these things. how many different people have to tell you that these kids aren't taught these choices the way most people are. they grow up being told that its ok to deal drugs and do this s*** because if they don't their family has NOTHING sometimes not even a home. also as stated above the only reason he is truly facing charges is because he was a convicted felon in the first place and like said above you can bet your a** i'm buying guns if someone i grew up with got shot up over something we've both done. why you ask, because i'd rather protect myself however i can than take solace in the fact that AFTER i'm dead the cops are gonna find this guy...and you'd be amazed to find out how often that isn't true, i can think of 5 people i've met personally who have shot and killed someone and not gotten caught for it...you say that people are condoning breaking the law but we're not, you have to understand that in order for everyone to be expected to receive equal punishments they have to be given equal opportunities and in this country that don't f***in happen and it isn't gonna change anytime soon. say whatever you want but our government is so far gone from our control that its not even funny, they will do what they want when they want and we can all go to hell. your stating opinion, we're stating truths about that life whether you want to believe it or not.

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
your going back to the same arguement every time and all it does is show how uneducated you really are when it comes to these things. how many different people have to tell you that these kids aren't taught these choices the way most people are. they grow up being told that its ok to deal drugs and do this s*** because if they don't their family has NOTHING sometimes not even a home. also as stated above the only reason he is truly facing charges is because he was a convicted felon in the first place and like said above you can bet your a** i'm buying guns if someone i grew up with got shot up over something we've both done. why you ask, because i'd rather protect myself however i can than take solace in the fact that AFTER i'm dead the cops are gonna find this guy...and you'd be amazed to find out how often that isn't true, i can think of 5 people i've met personally who have shot and killed someone and not gotten caught for it...you say that people are condoning breaking the law but we're not, you have to understand that in order for everyone to be expected to receive equal punishments they have to be given equal opportunities and in this country that don't f***in happen and it isn't gonna change anytime soon. say whatever you want but our government is so far gone from our control that its not even funny, they will do what they want when they want and we can all go to hell. your stating opinion, we're stating truths about that life whether you want to believe it or not.

But you're missing our point in that no matter how famous you are or how HARD your life is doesn't make it alright to go out and shoot someone up or sell drugs and illegal guns. Simple as that.

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 08:27 AM
And before you start preaching again about how these people were brought up badly because of their parents decisions, and they feasted off of the best that's offered to them. Well I stick by my point in saying that everyone has options. Living a good life is not impossible. I'm not trying to make that a harsh statement or anything and not trying to be a dickhead or a ******* about it.

But most of the people our there that live in the ghetto or the hood or in poverty had a choice. No matter what the physical or psychological effect their childhood has on their lives, they still had a CHOICE.

scuzz
02-19-2009, 08:33 AM
No matter what the physical or psychological effect their childhood has on their lives, they still had a CHOICE.

Quoted for truth.

stoopidbot
02-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I can't believe it took this long for someone to bring up personal choices. I grew up in Harbor City, Ca. Look it up, that is ghetto. While kids in my area decided to drop out of school and sell drugs I decided to stay in and graduate. I was dealt the same hand as them, wearing the same shoes to school for 2 years even when they don't fit. I made the choices to better myself while they thought I have money now cuz I sold my rocks. Where are they now? In the same place doing the same thing. Should I feel bad for them? NO

Do I feel for the guys that are trying to better now? No, I hope they make it but in life you deal your own hand.

Ever hear the saying "you gotta roll with the punches"? Life is trails and tribulations, deal with it.

ben300
02-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
I can't believe it took this long for someone to bring up personal choices. I grew up in Harbor City, Ca. Look it up, that is ghetto. While kids in my area decided to drop out of school and sell drugs I decided to stay in and graduate. I was dealt the same hand as them, wearing the same shoes to school for 2 years even when they don't fit. I made the choices to better myself while they thought I have money now cuz I sold my rocks. Where are they now? In the same place doing the same thing. Should I feel bad for them? NO

Do I feel for the guys that are trying to better now? No, I hope they make it but in life you deal your own hand.

Ever hear the saying "you gotta roll with the punches"? Life is trails and tribulations, deal with it.

.... agreed...accept some ppl cant see this...so they're goonna continue to live under that sad excuse..im poor, so ill steal...instead of..im poor, so ill work....and thats what the problem is...ppl wnat excuses for everythign adn dotn watn to take action for themselves..

stoopidbot
02-19-2009, 10:38 AM
.... agreed...accept some ppl cant see this...so they're goonna continue to live under that sad excuse..im poor, so ill steal...instead of..im poor, so ill work....and thats what the problem is...ppl wnat excuses for everythign adn dotn watn to take action for themselves.. Amen brother!

FLmxR911
02-19-2009, 10:44 AM
Only reason he's doing this is to stay out of a state penitentiary. If you were facing federal gun charges would your rather make a TV show or spend mass years in prison? It's all a joke he should of been charged like any average joe that commited the same crime.

stoopidbot
02-19-2009, 10:56 AM
i can think of 5 people i've met personally who have shot and killed someone and not gotten caught for it...you say that people are condoning breaking the law but we're not, you have to understand that in order for everyone to be expected to receive equal punishments they have to be given equal opportunities and in this country that don't f***in happen and it isn't gonna change anytime soon. This quote shows A LOT about who you are. If you know 5 people that have murdered someone and have not been caught...you're condoning law breaking. You yourself are breaking a law. You seem like the kind of person that gets mad when someone has something better than you or is doing better in life. You like to blame society because of what happened and you sit and wait for someone to correct things, rather than step up and do things the CORRECT way to better yourself.

Now that's just my opinion and I'm not saying you are but that is how you are portraying yourself.

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 10:59 AM
.... agreed...accept some ppl cant see this...so they're goonna continue to live under that sad excuse..im poor, so ill steal...instead of..im poor, so ill work....and thats what the problem is...ppl wnat excuses for everythign adn dotn watn to take action for themselves..

It's because most Americans are LAZY. They don't wanna do **** to better their lives. There are few of us out there that work for a living. Those kind of people that ****ed over out social security.

ben300
02-19-2009, 11:09 AM
It's because most Americans are LAZY. They don't wanna do **** to better their lives. There are few of us out there that work for a living. Those kind of people that ****ed over out social security.

agreed....

what ever happened to earning something

ben300
02-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by FLmxR911
Only reason he's doing this is to stay out of a state penitentiary. If you were facing federal gun charges would your rather make a TV show or spend mass years in prison? It's all a joke he should of been charged like any average joe that commited the same crime.

accept that if i bought thos guns and woul dhave gotten caught, i would have not been given the option...id of just gone to jail...

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 11:22 AM
accept that if i bought thos guns and woul dhave gotten caught, i would have not been given the option...id of just gone to jail...
Exactly

buck440
02-19-2009, 11:42 AM
LMAO :D THERE STILL GOING AT IT!!!!!!!! WHO CARES........i like how in the 100 post they keep saying the same thing but worded differently:D this is too funny!!!!!

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by buck440
LMAO :D THERE STILL GOING AT IT!!!!!!!! WHO CARES........i like how in the 100 post they keep saying the same thing but worded differently:D this is too funny!!!!!

Dude I just realized you live in Lville. Haha I live in Mt. C :)

buck440
02-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Dude I just realized you live in Lville. Haha I live in Mt. C :) i actually live in st. francisville so even closer to mt. c:D have you ever been in the trails down here?

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 11:51 AM
The only trails I've been on are in the Wabash area. There are some sweet trails over across the bridge going towards P-ton. When I get my quad back we should hit them up sometime. I could come up there too.

Going to get my quad back but have nobody to ride with :ermm:

buck440
02-19-2009, 11:56 AM
yah i have to order some parts due to a rollover and fix the smoky engine all within a month.....but yah i'de love to see some new trails not that these are bad :ermm: but yah i always ride with my buddy with a 05 kx250f and im the only one with a quad.

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 11:57 AM
yah i have to order some parts due to a rollover and fix the smoky engine all within a month.....but yah i'de love to see some new trails not that these are bad :ermm: but yah i always ride with my buddy with a 05 kx250f and im the only one with a quad.
Are you just going to get it bored out again? Isn't that what you do when you're engine starts to smoke? Or is yours because of a different reason?

buck440
02-19-2009, 12:01 PM
i have no idea, all i know is a ton of oil is pouring out between the head and the jug and oil is all in the right header:confused: so im just clueless??!!??!?

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 12:13 PM
Well man get her fixed. I should be getting mine back in the next couple of months and we'll have to get together. Show each other our trails.

buck440
02-19-2009, 12:19 PM
yah no doubt, what up with your 400ex?

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 12:21 PM
I'm having all the engine work that's in my signature don't at Off Road Repair. Started like a year ago and I broke my collar bone while it was in the shop so I put it on hold. Had them start working on it last week.

buck440
02-19-2009, 12:30 PM
yah that sucks, i'll add you on myspace and later on in the near future i see if your good to ride ;)

SRH
02-19-2009, 12:32 PM
you guys have missed the point, never watched the show, and now hi jacked the thread

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 12:45 PM
I think this thread was dead and gone about 20 posts ago.

631kfx400
02-19-2009, 02:27 PM
I think this thread was dead and gone about 20 posts ago.
you caused it:rolleyes: :blah:

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
you caused it:rolleyes: :blah:

I wasn't the only one.

buck440
02-19-2009, 05:13 PM
eh it was going nowhere anyway.....

Warnerade
02-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Dude I just realized you live in Lville. Haha I live in Mt. C :) you started it

buck440
02-19-2009, 08:06 PM
that would be pretty bad-a if pappy came in here and said, "I FINISHED IT". :p

extremeblastr
02-19-2009, 08:26 PM
that would be pretty bad-a if pappy came in here and said, "I FINISHED IT". :p

you want to bs do it pm's or go start your own thread you jacked the hell out of this one. the reason it wasn't shut down is because we were having a legit discussion without making personal attacks or getting to out of hand.

ben300
02-19-2009, 08:31 PM
you want to bs do it pm's or go start your own thread you jacked the hell out of this one. the reason it wasn't shut down is because we were having a legit discussion without making personal attacks or getting to out of hand.

agreed

buck440
02-19-2009, 08:37 PM
just chill DUDE, you'll be alright

ThreeDollaBills
02-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Well go ahead man.. continue the legit discussion. I wanna see how this one turns out.

extremeblastr
02-19-2009, 08:53 PM
i lost interest when you and your buddy there went off into lala land, but it comes down to one thing and one thing only, we all have the choices and can do right but i think its high time we start educating these kids about these choices and fixing whats wrong rather than expecting them to do right when all they get is bad examples and then when they mess up we ruin the rest of their life and judge them. do not pass judgement and you shall not be judged.....

02-19-2009, 09:41 PM
All of this arguing because a guy wanted to know if anyone else had seen the show? Seems a little overboard to me. Whether he is doing it for the right reasons or not (i believe he is), he is still making a difference in those kids' lives and that seems pretty important to me. The kids he is helping out dont have anywhere near as good of a life as us, and i think it is great that they are getting a chance to break away from gangs and crime.

RATPACK Z400
02-19-2009, 09:54 PM
I dont know this guy or care,anyone that does what he did and is in the spotlight Always seems to get a brake this guy is grasping anything he can to keep from going to jail (which he probably deserves)) it will be proven after its all said and done what he does with hes life after he gets off ,like most of these pieces of #### rappers they go back to what they know lieing,steeling,killing ,dealing. people that respect these guys these days, they have no brains or respect for anything, these days its a shame this music has retarded are young men and woman that listen to it! these kids dont see it as entertainment they think the guys raps are real &cool that they have killed people and ruined many peoples lives with the crack they sell. BUT THERE COOL AND RESPECTED ARTISTS!

Warnerade
02-20-2009, 02:00 AM
just chill DUDE, you'll be alright your not banned yet? sheesh

Alberta_Qaudin
02-21-2009, 11:37 AM
cmon man, have faith in ppl.

TI is done for life. do you really think he cares what ppl say while hes locked up? hes done, hes never coming out.

life???? you need to check your sources...with his guilty plea he got 1 year 1 day with community service.....hence the show

U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pannell Jr. scheduled Harris’ sentencing a year from now, on March 27, 2009. If Harris abides by the conditions set in his plea agreement, he will receive a prison sentence of one year plus one day. Because the sentence is longer than one year, Harris will be eligible to earn 15 percent time off for good behavior.

Harris also was fined $100,000.
(harris being TI)

SRH
02-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
I dont know this guy or care,anyone that does what he did and is in the spotlight Always seems to get a brake this guy is grasping anything he can to keep from going to jail (which he probably deserves)) it will be proven after its all said and done what he does with hes life after he gets off ,like most of these pieces of #### rappers they go back to what they know lieing,steeling,killing ,dealing. people that respect these guys these days, they have no brains or respect for anything, these days its a shame this music has retarded are young men and woman that listen to it! these kids dont see it as entertainment they think the guys raps are real &cool that they have killed people and ruined many peoples lives with the crack they sell. BUT THERE COOL AND RESPECTED ARTISTS!

haha that cracks me up, people that do drugs, and have drinking problems are just weak spirited people and never end up doing anything, if your neighbors werent buying drugs there wouldnt be a drug problem, if people werent interested in hearing about these sorts of things these artists wouldnt be popular....your perspective is just backwards and you dont understand the way our society works, if you did you might have a better understanding of these peoples actions and moral standards.....your mad because he got a break??? so i suppose when you speed you tell the judge yeah i was doing 85, naw you come up with some dumb excuse and try to plead it down...pleaaaasssee its human nature regardless of the crime, the only reason i could see being upset with him getting a reduced sentence is it ended up hurting another person or you caught the same charge and did more time, anywho, if you want to stop drugs, and violence, find a way to make people not want drugs, not want women, not want money or the finer things in life , i never get all this anti drug nonsense, aside from educating the youth on drugs thru a program at school, there just wasting money on this war on drugs, until they can make people not want it there just wasting time and money...... but then again if we didnt nurse along the weak members of society they wouldnt be out buying drugs to get by, the universe is designed to work itsself out and we just keep messing with the balance of things, thats why were a doomed civilization

Warnerade
02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Exactly why there should be a drug test if you wanna receive unemployment. I gotta take one to earn my money and earn their money that I pay in taxes, I don't wanna be supporting a damn druggie. [/off topic]

SRH
02-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Exactly why there should be a drug test if you wanna receive unemployment. I gotta take one to earn my money and earn their money that I pay in taxes, I don't wanna be supporting a damn druggie. [/off topic]

i agree, along with any sort of support, welfare, etc, but it would cost big $$$ and the do gooder groups would ride politicians until we supported them anyway, now a mandatory vaccine that blocked out addiction, that could work...maybe

extremeblastr
02-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by SRH
i agree, along with any sort of support, welfare, etc, but it would cost big $$$ and the do gooder groups would ride politicians until we supported them anyway, now a mandatory vaccine that blocked out addiction, that could work...maybe

except for the part where addiction is just as much mental as it is physical...

SRH
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
well its only becomes mental if something is telling your brain it needs it, dopamine (sp) is what affects pleasure , if they could discover a way to allow everyones bodies the optimum amount of dopamine no one would stray towards drugs etc, and perhaps they could have some sort of blocker that would only allow so much despite the chemicals u put in your body.... the body is tricky and theres alot of factors that come into play

ThreeDollaBills
02-23-2009, 10:28 AM
What could be risky about blocking out addictions is some people are "addicted to their jobs. Meaning it could lead some people to not have the drive to work any longer. If they could modify how the drug blocked certain addictions it could work, but then again it could work either way.

Exrider434
04-01-2009, 11:11 PM
looks like his show worked...

http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/news/article/0,,5016603,00.html

One year and one day in jail, with 400 some hours of community service left, and $250k per gun charge!! :eek2:

v0lcom13sn0w
04-15-2009, 03:09 PM

it is cool!!! ha ha TI and all his gnarly lookin guns atleast he learned from it

SRH
04-15-2009, 07:33 PM
i see his security guard who ratted must feel like a dumb ***, he got the same sentence minus the community service