PDA

View Full Version : Banshee tors

jeepnjason
02-10-2009, 06:04 PM
I have a chance to buy a 2001 Banshee with a Duncan racing engine in it. The owner says it needs a Tors kit. He says it starts, goes to wide open and then dies. I have only owned a 400ex and know very little about Banshees in general and have recently gotten addicted to dune riding and would love to have a Banshee. I can "buy" this rig for $2000 (guy owes me money and this is his way to pay me off).

Does this sound like the problem?

I have seen the Banshee run before and it was a sweet ride and it looks like it is in great shape. He takes great care of his stuff, but I just don't want to get this thing and then need to drop a bunch more money into it. This is a pic of the bike...

jeepnjason
02-12-2009, 05:23 AM
Doesn't anybody have any ideas?
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

02-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Dude this site sucks for banshee's.

First I would try hillclimbersforum.com (everyone has banshee's and real helpful, lol) then try bansheehq

honda400ex2003
02-12-2009, 04:46 PM
The tors kit is the carb regulation for the california i believe. You can eliminate it to make the carb perform better i believe. I found this in m&m atv's site but there are alot of kits around this one just explained what it was alittle better than the rest. The system fails and does not let you open the carb up.

Tors Removal Kit For Banshee with Stock Carbs and Thumb Control $59.95

Complete Tors removal kit for a Yamaha Banshee. The Banshee is notorious for the TORS (Throttle Override System) to fail and give you all kinds of grief. Completely remove the tors system with our kit and have no more worries.

Kit comes complete with new throttle cable, carb caps for stock carbs, and idle screws and a tap and drill to install.

Kit is for Yamaha Banshee with stock 26mm carbs with thumb control.

Hope this helps Steve

Lokn4fun12
02-13-2009, 01:07 AM
Take the Tors Kits off...... But first try this there is a little crash electronic part right in front of the tank on the bottom. if the bike was rolled or wrecked it messes up this piece. Simply Unplug it and try running the Bike.

if that does not work then just eliminate the TOrs complete.. they are for **** anyway.

asohagan
02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
remove the tors, put some 34mm pjs on it and let it fly you will love the new found power of your shee. i will look on mine tommorrow and tell you what plugs to disconnect to eliminate it first. my bike is stock bore and stroke unported. i have the 34mm carbs and fireball racing intake with fmf fattys and ricky stator timing plate set at 4 deg and i went 49hp and 35 ft lbs of tq. im sure i could get more with port and different pipes but i race flat track and this setup is deadly for me. lifting the front wheels halfway through the turn is crazy. with that duncan motor your numbers should be higher than mine

dave5.0
02-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Lokn4fun12
Take the Tors Kits off...... But first try this there is a little crash electronic part right in front of the tank on the bottom. if the bike was rolled or wrecked it messes up this piece. Simply Unplug it and try running the Bike.

if that does not work then just eliminate the TOrs complete.. they are for **** anyway.

What he said. The cheap easy way is to just unplug the little module up front. There is also a switch that runs to the thumb throttle. Only set of wires running up there. You can still run all the hardware if you don't want to spend the money to replace it with a new cable and carb tops. You will be happy when you replace it though. Frees up alot of space under the tank with that crap gone. You will end up with a better idle adjustment system also.

speedfreek
02-24-2009, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by asohagan
remove the tors, put some 34mm pjs on it and let it fly you will love the new found power of your shee. i will look on mine tommorrow and tell you what plugs to disconnect to eliminate it first. my bike is stock bore and stroke unported. Are you sure you can go fron 26mm to 34mm carbs? This sounds way too big to me.

dave5.0
02-24-2009, 04:45 PM
I ran a set on some cylinders that were just cleaned up. It ran alright. Sucked gas like crazy though. I probably wouldn't do it again. Didn't have any problems with it though. Carbs are easier to tune.

TitanMotorworks
02-25-2009, 07:19 AM
without motor work 34's are over kill. I've found that a set of 30 or 32 pwk's work very well. but pj carbs are cheaper than pwk's

01shee
02-26-2009, 07:22 PM
one thing to think about is there is no way its any type of racing engine with stock carbs.

02-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Damn guys.

The stock carbs are just fine. Any larger on a stock piped engine is overkill and not necessary.
The LARGEST you should go with mild mods (no porting/etc) is 28mm's...