PDA

View Full Version : I need some rev-box recommendations.

RAPTORAZ
12-23-2002, 05:04 AM
Well guys, I am in need of a new rev-box. My White Brothers box croaked over the weekend. I know Sparks sells a similar unit, but what are my options? Who else makes them?

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-23-2002, 07:39 AM
Sparks, Magnum, WB, OEM, Big Gun, and theres probably a few others...personally I would stick with the OEM one :shrugs:

Elmo0nTHC
12-23-2002, 07:58 AM
The rev box is just a "aftermarket" CDI right?. Ive herd nothen but horror stories with them from starting to them "croaking out" like you said. I dont know much bout ut but is it really worth the couple hundred bones when you can just throw the old one back on and spend the money on another mod? thats just my 2 cents
peace

12-23-2002, 02:47 PM
I recommend you send me the money,,I'll put it to good use..I promise. Buyin another POS rev box is not money well spent..go check out GT thunders webpage,,they got a nice dyno print that shows no power from a revbox..:(

frogburner
12-23-2002, 04:36 PM
Rev boxes do not do anything,,, close your eyes,, and I will take your money and tell you I have put a rev box on,, and you'll notice a big difference

Hucks400
12-23-2002, 04:43 PM
I wish that I didnt get a Sparks Rev Box I had to pay 115 bucks for that thing and it did nothing, not worth the money.

HOT-ROD
12-23-2002, 04:56 PM
i own a white bros. and it sucks , dont waste your money

RAPTORAZ
12-23-2002, 05:56 PM
You guys obviously don't do much duning. Because if you did, you'd need a rev box as well. My 416 EASILY bangs the stock rev limiter in first and second gear. Mostly do to excessive tire spin. As for horror stories, mines been flawless for over a year. And I'll gladly spend $100 a year for a new one if It means that I won't bang the limiter when climbing up a steep dune face. All the stock limiter does is make you lose momentum when blasting through the whoops on your way up Olds hill. I'd rather over rev the engine a little bit then have to shift half-way through the whoops. It's much simpler to haul balls through the whoops, then shift, rather than having to change my grip and foot position to change gears.

12-23-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by RAPTORAZ
You guys obviously don't do much duning. Because if you did, you'd need a rev box as well. My 416 EASILY bangs the stock rev limiter in first and second gear. Mostly do to excessive tire spin. As for horror stories, mines been flawless for over a year. And I'll gladly spend $100 a year for a new one if It means that I won't bang the limiter when climbing up a steep dune face. All the stock limiter does is make you lose momentum when blasting through the whoops on your way up Olds hill. I'd rather over rev the engine a little bit then have to shift half-way through the whoops. It's much simpler to haul balls through the whoops, then shift, rather than having to change my grip and foot position to change gears.

you wont be goin duning and over whoops once that engine blows from reving so much:eek:

RAPTORAZ
12-23-2002, 06:01 PM
Then I'll rebuild it and do it again. It's only money, I'll make more.

nakomis0
12-23-2002, 09:59 PM
I also like my rev box.

I run my stock CDi in the winter. And I notice the difference alot.

Its defenately more for modded bikes, especially ones with bigger cams, where peak power isn't reached until the upper rpms.

RAPTORAZ
12-24-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by nakomis0
I also like my rev box.

I run my stock CDi in the winter. And I notice the difference alot.

Its defenately more for modded bikes, especially ones with bigger cams, where peak power isn't reached until the upper rpms.

Thank's for the backup. I talked to White Brothers yesterday and they are gonna warranty it. I just have to dig up the receipt. I think I'm still gonna buy another brand though. Just as some insurance.

FatBoy Redrider
12-24-2002, 11:40 AM
A rev box is worth the money in my determination. I hit the stock rev box on my 400 all the time. I put a WB on and toasted my friend on his. It lets you rev higher and wind the gears a little more before shifting. I don't know for sure, but I heard LRD makes a great one. Mickey Dunalp also modifies stock ones. Anyone who says they aren't worth it must not ride to hard. Even trail riding you can hit the limiter

RED121572
12-24-2002, 11:52 AM
Ive got an XR250 rev box. Its the same as the 400EX stock box, except it has an extra 1000 RPMs on top. Ill sell it to you for $40 bucks.

Contact me at KCowan@neo.rr.com

Kent

Juggalo
12-24-2002, 12:47 PM
just a note- the xr250 rev box is exactly the same thing as the white brothers box.

RED121572
12-24-2002, 12:50 PM
Yes, it is the same box. White Brothers threw in a spark advance though.

shaneb
12-24-2002, 01:04 PM
check out the dyna fs box ....

it is pc programable ....

breaks-alot
12-24-2002, 02:10 PM
I just figured I’d throw in another + for aftermarket cdi's, there is this jump at my local track... it’s about 60 foot long. All of my friends with 440's and aftermarket cdi’s (usually sparks or modded stock from Baldwin Motorsports) anyway they hit this jump at 3rd way tapped. So I try it with a stock cdi, my bike was revved to the moon and guess who hit the backside of the landing ramp and got 6 stitches in his forehead from his helmet hitting his handle bars so hard. Yep you guessed it... lucky ole' me. Now if you hit this jump in 4th you over shoot and break your ankle (my friend did it lol) I guess you could lug around the corner in 4th and hit the jump with lower r's. But then you would have to panic rev... Well anyway back to the subject, I’d say if you motocross race hard then you should buy one. Or get the stock one modified like I’m about to.