PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Questions

blankenship
02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
hello so i have lost my key..........what i did was just cut the top off the ignition so i can start it with any key/flat head screwdriver..now for my Questions i know have a yamaha ignition with 5 wires on it the old honda has 4 wires on it i have it set up so it will start my bike with just the red and black wires from my bike hooked to the new ignition but there is 2 left over wire on my wireing harness and 3 wires left on the ignition 1 of the wire on the ignition has power and the other 2 are dead now the wires left over on my wiring harness are green and black/white stripe adn now my headlight does not work?? any ideas on how to get my headlight back?

redteamgo2000
02-11-2009, 01:47 AM
i have a wiring diagram if you want it pm me. i have the whole honda manual in pdf if you need it. let me know and ill send it to you.

blankenship
02-11-2009, 12:50 PM
than you very much but......i got it!!! last night we went over to the shop i took my clymer and figured out that the green and black/white wires are for the teather so i just have the red and black hooked to my ignition and the green and b/w are just cut and taped in the right location so they dont hurt anything or short anything out while riding have used electrical tape to cover everything and it works perfect except now i have a honda bike and yamaha key lol