PDA

View Full Version : Links to engine covers? Clutch, stator, and others please!

ThreeDollaBills
02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Going to clean up my engine a little bit. I've found some clutch covers but they are like 300-400 bucks!! I'm not sure if I wanna pay that. I would rather that 300 go towards a new front end.

Interested in aftermarket covers not stock. Preferably black.

Anybody have links?

redteamgo2000
02-10-2009, 12:22 PM
ive also looked for these things and quickly found out you will be better off to clean yours very well and paint or powercoat them. there just isnt a big enough market out there for these parts. sorry but thats about all i cant tell you. good luck

ThreeDollaBills
02-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Got any idea who could powder coat my covers for me?

redteamgo2000
02-10-2009, 12:46 PM
not sure where your located but try the yellow pages of the phone book. im not trying to be a smartass but thats about the only way i know to find one. you can try searching the net for places in your area also. i know we have a guy here that races xc1 pro class so he hooks the quad guys up when we need powdercoating or sandblasting done. just shop around for the best price. powercoat is powdercoat in my opinion. no need to pay insane amounts for the same thing you can get cheaper...

also another thing is you can buy one of the at-home kits you just throw in your over for a few cheap on e-bay. you can get about any color in the rainbow also for those. might be worth looking into. you could do anything that would fit in an oven that way. and take pride in doing it yourself.

ThreeDollaBills
02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Do you think it's as effective as having someone powder coat it?

redteamgo2000
02-10-2009, 09:40 PM
ive seen a few things done using that kit and an oven and they look plenty good to me. are you just wanting to make it more your own style? about the only thing i found aftermarket was a hinson clutch cover and it was like 230 bux. not worth it in my opinion. looks stock and says hinson.

if you wanted to bling it out polish the things your wanting to replace. powdercoat can be done in about any color you can imagine. if it was me id just go that route.

heres acouple links to the kit i was thinking about getting. eastwood is a good company. they sell alot of very good products.
first link is the kit and the second one is the powers you can get.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Eastwood-Hotcoat-Powder-Coating-Gun-PowderCoat-Coat_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ63702QQihZ017QQite mZ270342938039QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Eastwood-Company_Powder-Coating_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ6QQftidZ2QQtZkm

hypersnyper6947
02-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Have pappy do it, his company is BK performance they have a section on this site. I have left and right crank case covers for sale if you want some to send to powder and still have some to ride with, you could always sell the others later

redteamgo2000
02-10-2009, 10:21 PM
that was gonna be my next comment was to try and find some cheap so you can still ride while you get the ones the way you want instead of being tore down waiting. im gonna tear down soon for rings so i might just get mine redone then.

ThreeDollaBills
02-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by hypersnyper6947
Have pappy do it, his company is BK performance they have a section on this site. I have left and right crank case covers for sale if you want some to send to powder and still have some to ride with, you could always sell the others later

How much would you sell them to me for?