PDA

View Full Version : Drz kits.. where?

twincat800
02-10-2009, 08:35 AM
First what is your opinion.. do i need a drz kit. i got a slip on, hotcams stage 1, big gun rev box, and k&n filter. Would you recommend the DRZ kit and vavles? if so where do i find this kit and valves?

288sunny
02-10-2009, 08:38 AM
advantage cycle is probably the best bet!

twincat800
02-10-2009, 08:44 AM
ALSO should i get aftermarket valves??

airmobile101
02-10-2009, 04:38 PM
If you just leasure ride, then I wouldn't worry about the valves. IMO.

kawiracerj
02-18-2009, 07:49 AM
can anybody explain to me what advantage this drz kit offers?i have a 440 kit with stock cams and stock valves and mine runs really strong.just wondering.

airmobile101
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
IMO, Its moreless for reliability. First, instead of the single style valve springs, the DRZ has the dual springs per valve. One inner and the outer. It just might save your valve from floating at a high rpms. The cylinder base gasket that's on a drz400 is a single layer compared to the ltz400 which has 3 total. The single gasket pumps up the compression more compared to the LTZ400's 3 layer gasket. Most people do change their cam chain while they do this procedure , but thats up to you. I have no idea if it helps with the performance. Some say it does, some say it doesn't. I did mine over a year ago while installing Hotcams, so naturally the power/torque was increased. I honestly probably would have never done it, but I had the Hotcams and my chain tensioner was on its last 2 clicks. So I might as well since everything is torn apart.:p But as I look back , I am glad actually that I did. I race mine in the woods, So I usually have the throttle pinned between 1-3 gears bouncing off the rev limiter.