PDA

View Full Version : What do Yall Think about Can Am

Franklin999
02-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Thinking about buying a DS 450 X MX what do yall think a about them?

andiboy123
02-10-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Franklin999
Thinking about buying a DS 450 X MX what do yall think a about them?

best 450 i have ever ride!!!!!!!

every atv have diferent isues and i havent ride a ktm yet but between yfz, honda, kfx, or ltr can am is way better than all of them, test it your self, ride some friends atv then try to ride a ds you will feel the diference......

cdoskocil9
02-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Thinking you should probably get one :devil:

Mr. Big Time
02-10-2009, 01:33 PM
I would highly recommend it to anybody. I think its great bike and I love mine. Best purchase I've ever made.

crixal
02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
my personal opinion, if you have the money get the ktm. if not, the ds won't let you down. ltr isn't a bad choice either.

deathcorefan2
02-10-2009, 04:18 PM
why would you post this in the can-am section. you will just get a bunch of can-am owners to tell you to buy it. post in a different section maybe.

but my fav 450s in order

1. KTM SX
2. Outlaw 450
3. DS
4. LTR
5. YFZ
6. 450R
7. KFX.

thats based on track alone.

crixal
02-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
why would you post this in the can-am section. you will just get a bunch of can-am owners to tell you to buy it. post in a different section maybe.

but my fav 450s in order

1. KTM SX
2. Outlaw 450
3. DS
4. LTR
5. YFZ
6. 450R
7. KFX.

thats based on track alone. \

how else is he supposed to get an opinon on the bike? first person i get an opinion from is someone who has OWNED the bike themselves.

hotshotgoal30
02-10-2009, 06:18 PM

but my fav 450s in order

1. KTM SX
2. Outlaw 450
3. DS
4. LTR
5. YFZ
6. 450R
7. KFX.

thats based on track alone.

umm hello, what do you think will happen when he posts that question in a honda or yamaha or kawasaki forum? obviously they are going to buy whatever quad make your posting so whats the difference? here at least he can find out from people who actually OWN the quad to see what they like or dislike

dukee66
02-10-2009, 06:26 PM
never rode one but every one tells me there a pritty badass ride

deathcorefan2
02-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by hotshotgoal30
umm hello, what do you think will happen when he posts that question in a honda or yamaha or kawasaki forum? obviously they are going to buy whatever quad make your posting so whats the difference? here at least he can find out from people who actually OWN the quad to see what they like or dislike

GEEZ. attack much? i was just saying, you guys will be biased, dont lie and say you wont, everyone is, maybe go to the open forum. did i say go to a honda or a kawi forum? NO. go to one that has nothing to do with a manf. and ask. just to get unbiased FACTS.

crixal
02-10-2009, 06:38 PM
he meant ask the same question about a 450r in a honda forum and so on. the only people in the open forum are people w/ broken down 400ex's & yfz's. you made a dumb reply. you should have been prepared for flaming.

deathcorefan2
02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by crixal
he meant ask the same question about a 450r in a honda forum and so on. the only people in the open forum are people w/ broken down 400ex's & yfz's. you made a dumb reply. you should have been prepared for flaming.

pappy was right you guys are starting to be dicks.

Franklin999
02-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Ha sorry for starting a arguement guys just wondering dont want to cause problems.

TNT
02-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Lots of good quads out there stop bashing them be gratefull we have choices.

maticus
02-11-2009, 06:14 AM
well i ride honda and even though i love mine if i was going to buy new right now i would get the can-am mx. heck if honda dont do something next year i might get one as well.

GE4x4
02-11-2009, 06:31 AM
I have a chance on getting the 09 X XC for less then $7000. But the clutch issue still has me worried. No one has showed the 09 won't do the same thing.

hotshotgoal30
02-11-2009, 06:53 AM
pappy was right you guys are starting to be dicks.

i really didnt mean to sound mean about it, but how can you go into an open forum and ask people for facts and opinions on something probably 95% or more have never owned or ridden? that just doesnt make sense. and I was just giving examples when i said kawasaki or honda it applys to all the manufactorers forums. if i posted the same question in the honda, yamaha, kawi, ktm ect ect then everyone would more than likely say buy the machine in which forum i was in is all im saying. so i guess the point is getting back to the question, i love my DS and its been an awesome ride. few little minor things were taken care of under warranty so far but nothing i didnt know about going into it because of this forum.

mebcop
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
they are all good in their own sense. i love my can-am's. they are really good on the track and pretty nasty in the woods. i have ridden everything else on the market except the ktm, i just like the way the can-am feels. its light and agile. it goes where you tell it without hesitating. you dont have to muscle it as much as some others. the stock suspenssion is amazing for what it is.
ask what you want to know about exactly. the guys on here are pretty desent

mine would be:

ktm
can-am
yfz-outlaw: tie
ltr
kfx
trx

ProspectorJim
02-11-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I have a chance on getting the 09 X XC for less then $7000. But the clutch issue still has me worried. No one has showed the 09 won't do the same thing.

worst that could happen is you pay 600 bucks for an aftermarket clutch, even then you're still making out really well.

hotshotgoal30
02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
yeah thats definetly one of the things i love most about the DS is the steering. its so easy and so comfortable you just point it and she goes. i love the way it feels, more agressive rider forward if you want to call it that

Mr. Big Time
02-11-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by mebcop
they are all good in their own sense. i love my can-am's. they are really good on the track and pretty nasty in the woods. i have ridden everything else on the market except the ktm, i just like the way the can-am feels. its light and agile. it goes where you tell it without hesitating. you dont have to muscle it as much as some others. the stock suspenssion is amazing for what it is.
ask what you want to know about exactly. the guys on here are pretty desent

mine would be:

ktm
can-am
yfz-outlaw: tie
ltr
kfx
trx

I totally agree with this statement except I think its good in the woods. And I would put outlaw under yfz and kfx under trx, just my opinion though.

kellymi
02-11-2009, 05:44 PM
I was in the same boat at looking for something to replace my DVX. My first choice was the new 09 outlaw because of reverse. But it would have been a lot more expensive to build it to where I wanted. Then I found a XC model in December and was able to get an awesome deal for it. So far I do not regret it one bit. I already feel more comfortable on the stock DS then I did on my built DVX. The power is great and it is completely set up for racing. Plus the suspension on the XC model is really good for stock. Oh yea the steering on this thing is awesome!

This is how my list would have gone

KTMXC - to expensive
09 Outlaw - to expensive after building
DS 450XC
KFX
YFZ
Honda

drgnerth
02-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had problems withe the frame fasteners?

hotshotgoal30
02-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by drgnerth
I was wondering if anyone has had problems withe the frame fasteners?
i doubt it and i hope not. they use the same technique to fasten wings on aircraft that we fly in!

Mr. Big Time
02-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by hotshotgoal30
i doubt it and i hope not. they use the same technique to fasten wings on aircraft that we fly in!

not exactly...the ones can-am uses is in a patent and are slightly different, however, they are super strong.

TNT
02-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Big Time
not exactly...the ones can-am uses is in a patent and are slightly different, however, they are super strong.

The DS uses a Huck Lock Bolt Bombaria Aircraft or BRP does not hold the patent, Huck Fasteners does. Alcoa has one as do a hand full of other fastener companies. It's used all over many aircraft besides wings for many years. The reason this Huck lock-bolt is so strong in because it's installed in a hole that has an interference fit and has a strong clamp up of adjoining parts in tenison, shear, compression, and bearing. The collar does not back off like a nut and is permanent.

The down side is it is difficult to remove, the head has to be drilled out and the hole has to be oversized and a larger fastener installed. When a larger fastener is installed next to a smaller one it can take on more load and fail. Also it has to be a certain distance away from an edge and away from an adjoinging fastener based on it's diameter or failure can occur. Sometimes doublers or gussets may be needed depending on location. That is why BRP is not offering these frame segments for replacement, it needs reassessment.