PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Throttle cable?

Ex907rider
02-09-2009, 07:14 PM
My throttle cable has frayed, and i have a new replacement cable. My question is, does anyone have any tips on how to replace the cable? I know the basics, but would like anyone with experience to give me some helpful tips..
Thanks guys

Rkangel7
02-09-2009, 07:42 PM
If you have a service manual, follow the directions and make sure you have the proper adjustments and proper amount of play. Watch the springs and make sure you return them to the proper orientation. The one in the thumb throttle housing can be tricky. After everything is adjusted, make sure that you have full travel at the carb when working the throttle. You will need to take off the gas tank. There is a recess under the tank where the cable runs. Make sure that the cable stays in the recess so that it doesn't get pinched under the tank.

Hope this helps!

Ex907rider
02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
The previous owner put a twist throttle on, so i dont need to worry bout any springs in that one.
Thanks for the help, I'll take any advice given.

dariusld
02-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Rkangel7
After everything is adjusted, make sure that you have full travel at the carb when working the throttle.
Hope this helps!

I don't know if this is what your saying, when your done make sure the slide is at the very top at full throttle. Check this by looking down the throat of the carb.

Tons of info out there (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19457&highlight=throttle)

Rkangel7
02-10-2009, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by dariusld
I don't know if this is what your saying, when your done make sure the slide is at the very top at full throttle. Check this by looking down the throat of the carb.

Tons of info out there (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19457&highlight=throttle)

Yep! That's it. Thanks for the link.

Ex907rider
02-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Finished! took me a few hours.. but I figured it out. Thanks