PDA

View Full Version : K&N Filter ?

ROB450mxr
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
My little cousin has an 07 700 Raptor with EFI. He put the K&N filter on and removed the lid but now when u punch the throttle it bogs out and also the top end is not there at all it seems like it struggles. I thought EFI was spos to stop all that? I was just wondering what would cause that so I could help the little guy out since it caused him to case a jump and bust his ... yesterday. Thanks...

chevys&honda$
02-10-2009, 12:55 AM
put the lid back on should be good to go

crixal
02-10-2009, 04:15 AM
he's going to need a efi programmer. i suggest power comannder 3 or 5. putting the lid back on also might help.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-10-2009, 08:26 AM
The EFI systems on todays ATVs can not compensate for that much air flow change. You will need an EFI controller. I would also recommend the power commander

jersey devil
02-10-2009, 10:26 AM
If you have a carb and you make air flow changes you must rejet?Right?The computer may make adjustments for weather conditions,altitude or when cold but to tune you must have a commander to remap the computer.
So don't be so quick to blame the computer.Its just technology dude.Unfortunetly real soon carbs will be a thing of the past with all factory bikes and quads.Look at the auto industry?Carbs have been old news for a while now.
Do your home work and research the net.Alot of good people on here and many good sources for just what you need.

ROB450mxr
02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks for the info I will let you guys know how he makes out...