PDA

View Full Version : Broken 05 Case 07 Case Question HELP

sfreak76
02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I just broke the left case half on my 05 yfz450 and am going to replace both haves but I am not sure which way to go. I already have all my gaskets, a 12:1 wiesco piston, done my valves and am doing my cam mod again. I am planning on running an 06 crank to get my compression up to 12.5:1 and I believe that will make it a true 450. Now from what I can tell I can put 07 cases in which have the better oiling but what I am not sure of is if I need to order more parts for the oiling and if I have to drill out my 05 clutch side crankcase cover too and if so am I better off just getting 05 cases and doing the oil mod but I'm scared LOL. Now keep in mind that I am about out of my toy budget and will just be pulling lint out of my pockets once I pay for the side cases and new crank. My wife has been great but after buying a new press, aircompressor, air tolls and a few specialty tool for doing this motor I don;t think I will be able to talk her into spending much more as I have about run out of excuses in just buying the tools alone LOL.