PDA

View Full Version : please help with scrambler 90

extremeisaac
02-09-2009, 11:00 AM
Hi.. so my 8 year old daughter has a polaris 90 scrambler. She loves it and it has been a great quad. The problem is that when i ride behind her, she is all over the place. The suspension feels really rigid and it freaks me out to watch her ride. It doesnt seem like the quad soaks up everything? Has anyone else experienced this? I dont want to spend alot of money on the quad, but it just doesnt seem safe the way she bounces around...

02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Yes your shocks are to stiff you need softer shocks on the front. Look at the setting on the b ottom of the shock make sure they are at the softest point but stock shocks really dont have a soft setting you may just need to buy different shocks should be 9 3/4 inch eye to eye. Hope this helps you.

extremeisaac
02-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks for the input. any advice on what shock to get? would I need to get the entire shock or just a softer spring?

dwhst9
02-09-2009, 06:22 PM
You need a different shock and spring setup. Take your stockers and throw them in the woods. If you keep your eye on ebay and craiglist, you can find deals on good used shocks. I found a deal on Works shocks for our Scrambler 90.

Here's a link to my Scrambler 90 build-up thread. You may find it useful.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=350865

extremeisaac
02-09-2009, 06:40 PM
wow what a quad! so quick question.. in parts how much did you spend?

were the nerf bars specific to that quad or did you buy any and make em work?

Are the predator 90 and scrambler 90 parts interchangable?

ww228king
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
check out the mini parts section...fastimes has a whole set of Elkas cheap

dwhst9
02-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by extremeisaac
wow what a quad! so quick question.. in parts how much did you spend?

were the nerf bars specific to that quad or did you buy any and make em work?

Are the predator 90 and scrambler 90 parts interchangable?

Thanks for the kind words. The nerf bars are made for a generic miniquad. You just need to cut off the stock floorboard supports and weld the support tubes to the chassis.

Most of the 90cc 2-stroke miniquad stuff is inter-changeable.

Mini Maniac Dad
02-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Whatever you do, do NOT waste your time and money on the shocks from West Coast Quads on ebay. These are junk and are actually even more stiff than the stock Polaris 90 shocks. I have Works shocks on my sons Predator 90 and they are pretty good. Elkas are actually better in my opinion, but the Works are usually cheaper.

dwhst9
02-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Mini Maniac Dad
Whatever you do, do NOT waste your time and money on the shocks from West Coast Quads on ebay. These are junk and are actually even more stiff than the stock Polaris 90 shocks. I have Works shocks on my sons Predator 90 and they are pretty good. Elkas are actually better in my opinion, but the Works are usually cheaper.

We're running the West Coast works knock-off shock on ours. It's 100x better than stock. However, we trail ride and do not race. Just my $.02.

extremeisaac
02-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Ya, all she does is trailride and she just puts along.. but just gets thrown all over the place if its not smooth. I just want something that can absorb the trail so she can be more confident in riding

dwhst9
02-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Ya, all she does is trailride and she just puts along.. but just gets thrown all over the place if its not smooth. I just want something that can absorb the trail so she can be more confident in riding

Did you come up with anything yet?

extremeisaac
02-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Ya, there was a girl who was selling a set of work shocks on here that were setup for a 60lb rider. I bought them and threw them on, it has been raining here every weekend so she has not had a chance to ride them. Although still pushing up and down on the front of the quad, they still feel stiff, maybe just a tad bit softer than the stock ones.

I think we might try to ride this weekend so we will see how it goes.

dwhst9
02-26-2009, 08:18 PM
Ya, there was a girl who was selling a set of work shocks on here that were setup for a 60lb rider. I bought them and threw them on, it has been raining here every weekend so she has not had a chance to ride them. Although still pushing up and down on the front of the quad, they still feel stiff, maybe just a tad bit softer than the stock ones.

I think we might try to ride this weekend so we will see how it goes.

Did you reduce the preload on the springs? You have to compress the spring and remove the retaining clip that holds the spring stop in place.

extremeisaac
02-26-2009, 08:23 PM
its set at the softest setting so the spring is at its most loose tension