PDA

View Full Version : need help

atvnut22
02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
i have a 2004 450r and the other day when i went to take off my sprocket was skipping inside my chain and i looked and had 3-4 in of travel, so i tightened it up and now when i get into the throtte it has a jaring sound. what do i need to do, replace sprockets and chain.

also, i put a white brothers pro aluminum pipe on my four wheeler with uni filter and put in a 182 and a 50 in and w/ airbox lid on it cuts out, but with the lid off it sucks air like crazy and loses power. what do you suggest. should i put the stock main back in and move the needle around.

ive heard some one say somethin about a air fuel screw, wut is this, not sure.

chevys&honda$
02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
sounds like you need new spockets and chain.

and the jetting problem, you should ask, d3ktrix pm him or somthing, he seems to know his SH** he helped me alot now my R is all good

d3ktrix
02-08-2009, 05:25 PM
For the jetting you are running, u need to remove the air box lid.
A 182 is way too much fuel for having the lid on, that is why its cutting out. It probably sounds like its hitting the rev limiter early.

What makes you feel that its loosing power with the lid off and that jetting?

If it really right with the lid off, try putting the needle on the 4th position from the top.
And the A/F screw 2.5 turns out.

If you leave the lid on, buying that exhaust is pretty much a waste, restricts everything.

d3ktrix
02-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by atvnut22

ive heard some one say somethin about a air fuel screw, wut is this, not sure.

Heres a picture, the red arrow points to the A/F screw.
This screw fine tunes the what the pilot jet does. Affects the first 1/4 of the throttle.

Stole the picture from rockinhorseweb.com

atvnut22
02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
thanks d3ktrix,
i put my stock pilot back in and left the 182, moved the clip on my needle to the second from the bottom and it runs like a champ.

Now my sprockets skippin real bad. what kind of sprockets aand chain do you suggest, my friend suggested tag sprockets and a d.i.d chain. dont want to spend a complete fortune but still get well made products.

d3ktrix
02-09-2009, 06:54 PM
D.I.D. chains are good but kind of pricey IMO.

The RK X-Ring 520 is only $52 on Rockymountain.
I also need a new chain so I was doing a lot of chain/sprocket shopping last week and the RK is the cheapest name brand chain I found.
All of the other o-ring/x-ring chains were $70+ or some cheap brand.

Heres a link:
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&navTitle=Drive&webTypeId=36&webCatId=9&prodFamilyId=3592

For sprockets anything steel will do.

atvnut22
02-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Tag Chain And Sprocket Kit - Drive Components Online at MotoSport

this is what i was suggestedtag chain and sprocket (http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/TAG-CHAIN-AND-SPROCKET-KIT/?catalogId=108279&refine=1&catID=358&pcatID=269&catName=Sprockets&srchHistoryURL=||~@wbigw1m5||parentCategoryID~cate gory_root^categoryID~264^categoryName~ATV@nn9gj8cj ||parentCategoryID~264^categoryID~265^categoryName ~ATV%20Parts@0sgke1yn||parentCategoryID~265^catego ryID~269^categoryName~Drive@2uotdbv8||parentCatego ryID~269^categoryID~358^categoryName~Sprockets)

d3ktrix
02-09-2009, 10:27 PM
$140 bux, heck with that.
Tag sprockets aren't anything special.