PDA

View Full Version : Fan and Temp light

mkbruteforce
02-08-2009, 03:41 PM
I have a small electrical problem with my 05 450r. Both my fan and temp light are not working. Here is what I have done so far and nothing has helped.

Stock kill switch removed from bars as well as stock key switch.
Black and red wires from key switch spliced together and a pro armor teather kill switch is spliced into the green and black wires from the key switch, this works great. Motor start and shuts down.

Fan & Temp light: I have hook a 9v battery directly to the fan and temp light both work no problem so I know i have a good light bulb and Fan motor. I have checked all wires to the ICM for an open circuit none found. With the motor running I removed the wire from temp switch and grounded it to frame. Both the fan and temp light failed to turn on. I have also metered the voltage coming into the cannon plug for the temp light from the ICM whilt the bike is running and i have 0 volts.

Simply put; I am not getting power to my temp switch/light and Fan.

I am missing something? If my ICM where bad would the motor even run? Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

MK

jeff malone
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
try pluging your switch back in, and see what happens, that should make it work., when i unplug my switch it still starts but no fan, so try sticking the different wire together and see what works

mkbruteforce
02-08-2009, 06:06 PM
They where not working before I removed the stock key switch. I removed the key to see if that would work.

Thanks

WilRideAnything
02-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Try taking the wire from the fan switch and grounding it. The fan switch is the switch in the thermostat housing. The fan should come on as soon as you start the quad.

Also I can email you the wiring diagram if needed.

mkbruteforce
02-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advice and offer to send specs. Yes, I grounded the ECT, which is by the book is going to make the fan run and the temp light stay on when the motor is started. Neither of mine worked when I did this.

Thanks