PDA

View Full Version : need some help form the audio guys

ridered92
02-08-2009, 02:10 PM
well ive wanted to took up my sub so my brother and i did it one day well it kept draining my battery and ended up killing it so i had to buy a new battery. so last night we tryed running it to a fuse and we used a test light to see if the amp was still getting juice when the trukc was off. well it was we have tryed almost all of the fuses. we tryed running it to a fuse and using a toggle switch well that didnt work either. so i dont know what it could be im just about ready to sell it all.

hardkoratvmxr
02-08-2009, 02:41 PM
most vehicles have 2 posts on the fuse box underneath the hood. the post that is not connected to the battery only gets power when the key is in the on position or acc position. and if you dont have your power wire fused anyway you need to unhook everything right now before you cause a fire

XCpred
02-08-2009, 02:45 PM
^^^what he said.

extremeblastr
02-08-2009, 02:48 PM
do yourself a favor and go buy a cheap wiring kit at walmart, they have inline fuses, and the reason your getting power to the amp when the truck is off is because you don't have the remote wire hooked to the deck.

02-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
do yourself a favor and go buy a cheap wiring kit at walmart, they have inline fuses, and the reason your getting power to the amp when the truck is off is because you don't have the remote wire hooked to the deck.

x2 its made by Scosche i think it was $22 or $25 after tax? Comes with everything you need to install and amp and hook it up to a head unit. It even has zip ties in the kit and quite a few crimp on connectors.

extremeblastr
02-08-2009, 03:18 PM
they actually have a few different ones here, i could go pick one up for 32 after tax with all the wiring and a capacitor, that one should be good for up to 1200 watts or so, after that you should be going to get it done professionally anyways because your not crossing the 1200 line cheap.

ridered92
02-08-2009, 03:55 PM
nothing is hooded up right now. i already have the wiring kit. i tryed running it to the remote wire nope subs wont work. there was a blue wire with some pink on it ran it to that it worked but it drained my battery. so i must be missing somthing .:confused:

mineralgrey01gt
02-08-2009, 04:15 PM
do you have the remote wire hooked to the radio? If not that is your whole problem. It sounds like you dont IMO. Its hard to diagnose it without actually seeing how you have everything hooked up

ridered92
02-08-2009, 04:16 PM
i tryed hooking it to the remote wire and the subs wouldnt work. its just getting annoying

enduro400rider
02-08-2009, 04:24 PM
if you cant wire your remote to the deck just wire your remote directly to the power on your amp. put a switch in the wire and then you can turn the amp on and off with the switch. you just have to remember to turn it off when you shut the car off... you would be better off wiring it to the accual remote on the deck but you can get away with the switch

ridered92
02-08-2009, 04:25 PM
tryed running it to a switch even when the switch is off the amp is still getting power.

elite ATV1
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
no he means run your remote wire to a switch. hook the hot from the batt. to the load on the switch and the remote wire from the amp to the hot/positive on the switch then ground it out. try that.

extremeblastr
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
there might be multiple blue wires to work with, what make and model is the deck? it sounds like your doing something entirely wrong to still be getting power with a switch.

enduro400rider
02-08-2009, 04:40 PM
ok this is what you should have... one heavy gauge wire running to the battery to the amp and into the power terminal of the amp. there should be no breaks in this wire except for a fuse. then you should have a heavy guage wire running from the ground terminal to the a ground on your truck. your RCAs should run from your deck to your amp. and speaker wire from the amp to the sub.. now if your running a switch style remote. run a small gauge wire to your power terminal of the amp to the remote terminal of the amp. cut the wire in the middle a use a place a switch in the gap. make sure the switch is good, you can use a continuity setting on a multimeter to make sure its good or not. you should only use a 2 positon switch for this (on and off).. if this isnt working than you might have a problem with the amp.. there is really no reason the amp should turn on if the switch is off, as long as you are wiring it properly

ridered92
02-08-2009, 10:23 PM
enduro400rider i did every thing you just said and still nothing i think there maybe somthing wrong with the amp. im just getting fed up with it

enduro400rider
02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
not sure what else i can tell you... there really isnt a way for the amp to be turned on if the remote is switched off. if you decide to sell the amp let me know.. i rebuild broken amps on the side

ridered92
02-09-2009, 06:32 PM
id like to sell it all for 250$

ben300
02-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
id like to sell it all for 250$

you could possibly be grounding your system some where in your vehicle which could cause your battery to die...

do you have your powre wire ran somehwere in the vehicle where it may be getting pinched or cut?

wut type of amp is it?

my only ohter advice that i have for you is take it to someone who knows what the hell they're doing

ridered92
02-09-2009, 06:47 PM
its a 1000 watt sony explode and i think im going to go to a local shop next week and see what he has to say

extremeblastr
02-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by ridered92
its a 1000 watt sony explode and i think im going to go to a local shop next week and see what he has to say

just go down there, tell them exactly what you have, explain how you have it wired and what the problem is and if the installer can't tell you whats wrong like that then they either are dead set on taking your money or you did something really wrong

02-09-2009, 06:51 PM
it drains your battery with the car running? I know everything will shut off if I crank it with just the small amp for the door and deck speakers playing louder with the car off. Once it hits a certain volume the amp is puimping too much from the battery and thats just for door and deck speakers. Its pretty simple, big wire from battery to amp(power), short wire from amp to bolt(ground), thin wire from head unit (usually blue wire) running to the amp(remote), RCA cables from head to amp(volume/sound), depending on speakers and amp for gauge wires from amp to speakers.

ridered92
02-09-2009, 06:53 PM
flewbyu32 i did all that. and the battery drains when the truck is off