PDA

View Full Version : rad fan

suzukifanatic
02-07-2009, 08:47 PM
the fan on my z does not seem to turn on, any suggestions? i am only 15 so pics to trouble shooting would help me out alot!
thanks!

chevys&honda$
02-08-2009, 12:59 AM
your fan does not run all the time, it only turns on when it gets really hot. Also it mite be coming on when your riding you just dont know it. There's nothing wrong with your quad

suzukifanatic
02-08-2009, 08:31 AM
okay, thanks alot and hopefully your right! im used to my dads suzuki vinson 500, the fan comes on frequently, this must be because it works harder I assume.

288sunny
02-08-2009, 11:47 AM
to tell if the fan works or not is simple, one way is to go ride the quad for a few minutes and then let it just idle fan should come on within a few minutes at idle. another way is to bypass the sensor, last but not least unplug the connector for the fan and supply it with 12 volts from a motorcycle battery, basically 12 volts constant.. very easy to do.

suzukifanatic
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
"chevys&honda" you were correct. I was out just a few minutes ago and i started to bog threw the snow, eventually I got stuck and started digging it out as it idled, it started idling rough and the fan came on, it took alot for it to come on but at least i no it works! thanks. Also, since it did start idling rough and stalled, was it overheating do you think, though the temp light did not come one.

chevys&honda$
02-08-2009, 05:15 PM
dont know about the rough idle, is your bike stock? or do you have a pipe on it or anything? jetted?

suzukifanatic
02-08-2009, 05:31 PM
yes,engine wise my bike is stock. it's not that it has a rough idle, it runs fine. but what i was wondering is that since the fan came on - which rarely happens - and it idled rough and stalled, i wasn't sure if it was starting to over heat or not. after i let the bike sit for 10 minutes it started right back upp and ran fine since.