PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding Brakes.. On the Bench!

Brauap
02-07-2009, 11:24 AM
I was wondering how I am going to do this? I have the front and rear assembly off, on the bench, and I am going to re-bleed the brakes. I have already gotten all the fluid out, and I have already bought new fluid. I don't have one of those pumps, and I am not going to go out and buy one. I just need tips. Thanks!!

Chukkinsod
02-07-2009, 12:14 PM
its way easier to bleed them on the bike....I'm not sure if you can do it off the bike.........caliper will compress and will not allow you to install pads/caliper over rotor (you might be able to clamp the caliper open). Really easy on the bike, just make sure your fitiings are tight before trying (or it will take forever)Fill the resivior (do not let it get low) pump em till they get tight hold pressure on brake, crackbleeder untill you get a solid stream coming out. (you may have to repeat several times) Really easy unless you have a hole or a leak somewhere

Honda#4
02-07-2009, 01:27 PM
I agree with chukk also with it being better on the quad, also another tip is you may have to loosen the bolt on the master cylinder cuz that will prevent fluid from going down into the calipers kinda gets vaporlocked if you call it that.

CJM
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Gotta be on the quad b/c the pistons need to stop when they reach the rotors, otherwise they will fall out :(

Get a buddy and have him pump the handle and footbrake and then release the bleeders. Your gonna have to do it like 100x literally now unless you bench bleed the master-which I dunno how to do on an atv.

brian76708
02-07-2009, 03:25 PM
put it on the bike and just make sure you dont get any brakefluid on the paint and where ever you do acidently get it make sure to wipe it off.

78ta
02-07-2009, 10:33 PM
like every body else said, its easier on the bike, but if you must do it on the bench you will need to pull off your brake disks and put them in between the pads on the caliper, just like it is on the bike, so you won't blow the pistons out of the calipers when you try to bleed them.