PDA

View Full Version : swapping axles please advise

extremeisaac
02-07-2009, 12:03 AM
Hi guys, I have a big dilemma and I need some help/advice.. I bought some ITP wheels for my wifes quad today and for some stupid reason I bought the wrong bolt pattern.. I got them for super dirt cheap on clearance but overlooked the fact that they were for a yamaha... so my question is... does it hurt to by axles from a raptor and throw them on a 400ex? Will that even work?

Wildbrain
02-07-2009, 02:48 AM
A Yamaha axle will not fit a Honda 400ex.

Chukkinsod
02-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Easiest thing to do is either trade someone for honda bolt pattern or have the rims drilled to fit honda bolt pattern. I have had (unilug) rims for DS 650 or Yamaha on ice tires with picks....you will not damage the rim

extremeisaac
02-07-2009, 09:59 AM
They are 10/9 ITP T9 pro blacks

Hmm..you are saying redrilling the wheels is fine?

they are these wheels

http://fstg.motosport.com/motographics/images/products/atv/tires/itpt9probajablack.jpg

extremeisaac
02-07-2009, 10:01 AM
also, what about swapping out hubs instead of axles? does the yamaha hubs work on the Honda axles?

Wildbrain
02-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Dude, You got to bite the bullet with those wheels.

Granted those are some very nice wheels {I have those on one of my quads} and you probably hate to give em up, if you got a deal on then. I know, those wheels are not cheep.

What you are trying to do though is stick a round peg in a square hole.

Try and sell them, which you should not have any problem doing, and get the correct wheels for your 400ex.

In the long run you will be happier if you just get the correct wheel for your quad.

Chukkinsod
02-07-2009, 12:19 PM
totally agree with wildbrain. best thing to do is sell or trade for the right ones