PDA

View Full Version : Question about nationals??

blacknblue#2
02-06-2009, 11:09 PM
Ok so i have raced locally since 05. Ive worked my way from D class locally up to Pro/A so now i feel like its time to try some national races. Heres my questions. Ive never been to one and my first will be Ballance Moto-x in April. I know you have to qualify, correct?? Does that decide what class they put you in. I was gonna shoot for B class my first race but my friends tell me they would go for C and if i do real good then move up the next race? WHat do you guys think? I know the national races run at a completely different level so im not sure. I dont wanna get plum waxed but then again i dont wanna go out there and look like a sandbagger that is scared to go against someone faster than me. So im asking you national veterans what your opinion is??

outacontrol
02-07-2009, 05:30 AM
you wont have to qualify to decide your class. you pick a class first, then based on entries you might have to qualify just to race in your chosen class. Are you running A class in district races or outlaw tracks? Theres a difference.

Wills77
02-07-2009, 08:19 AM
if your running A at locals then go for A at nationals... B class might be alright but going from A at locals to C at nationals, yea thats definitely sandbagging and embarrasing

maticus
02-07-2009, 09:19 AM
well i know that where i live we just have open pro class and i run in the top 5 in that, and some of those guys in front of me run B class nationals. i think you would be fine in the B class cause from what ive seen its a pretty spread out class.

tw1976
02-07-2009, 10:48 AM
If you are running A class in AMA district races you have race at the same level at nationals. There is a chance you could drop a class as alot of people do, but if someone recognizes you as an A class racer in B class you will be protested and DSQ.

MX450
02-08-2009, 12:08 AM
depends on your local scene, pro around here might be like 3 guys, and 2 of em probly couldnt do to well in b class at the nats. ive raced local "pro", and went and raced my first nat last year at mill creek in C class. If there is more than 20 people signed up for the class then you will have to get 8th or better in moto one (sat), to qualify for moto 2 (sun). If you dont qualify you will have to run an LCQ and get 4th or better. If youve never raced a national, i would sign up for 2 of the c classes, some of those kids can move.

blacknblue#2
02-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Well i am still confused. Some say B some say C lol, but really though guys thanks for your input on how nationals run. All my local races are outlaw races, nothing AMA. I think i will go for B. Im the kind of person that on an outdoor track i can hold my own. Im a little too out of shape for tight indoor stuff but on the spread out tracks i can run with or outrun some of the best bike guys around here. Ive always felt like thats a good accomplishment with a quad. But if i get my *** handed to me in B i will back down. Ive always felt like racing with guys faster than you is waht makes you faster. So even if i get terribly beat then it may still help me out some.