NSTIG8R
02-06-2009, 05:31 PM
A few more of the intake & Air box
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/n-stig8r/DSC02038.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/n-stig8r/DSC02039.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c58/n-stig8r/DSC02040.jpg

marsrace2
02-07-2009, 11:04 AM
is this some new quad from Apex or is this something you are doing on your own? In the last pic it almost looks like there is some kind of chain roller- frame save there. Can you show me a closeup of that?

marsrace2
02-07-2009, 11:07 AM
actually I just realized it is just the motor mount, the angle of the pic made it look like it was over the chain. Any more info on this would be appreciated.

NSTIG8R
02-07-2009, 03:57 PM
It's a limited edition from Apex, I'll try to snap some more pics before our anxious customer picks it up.

raidernut
02-08-2009, 12:21 PM
In what class or what National Series can you "legally" race this 100cc bike?

NSTIG8R
02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by marsrace2
is this some new quad from Apex or is this something you are doing on your own? In the last pic it almost looks like there is some kind of chain roller- frame save there. Can you show me a closeup of that?

It is a chain roller

NSTIG8R
02-08-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by raidernut
In what class or what National Series can you "legally" race this 100cc bike?

Not sure what national class.
The owner races local outlaw races

marsrace2
02-08-2009, 01:19 PM
I need that chain roller.

raidernut
02-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by marsrace2
I need that chain roller.

hmmm I wonder where they got that idea from??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tireman43
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by raidernut
hmmm I wonder where they got that idea from??:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Must be all that intensive R&D.:rolleyes: Or just checking whats hot on the interwebby and making a like product.

jaksdad
02-09-2009, 04:28 PM
I hope the rearward facing inlet manifold works this time, it wasn't much of a success when they tried it a few years ago here , but if works then go with it ?? They were always 'chokey' at bottom revs as they had to clear the fuel in the longer manifold, well as I said perhaps they have sorted a fix for it ?
Just received latest ProShark model here for a customer here in the U.K and 24mm carb is still on the side, just wish they would alter the angle of the rear shock.

marsrace2
02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
since is called an XC Edition it would be nice if it had a bigger fuel Tank, then I would get one for my boy to trail ride.

jaksdad
02-09-2009, 04:42 PM
take a tip from a welshman !!! fit the 7 litre tank off a Unison (Desrt Cat, Dolpin 100) it does squeeze under your plastics, I have sold a few, and your petrol cap fits o.k too !!

marsrace2
02-09-2009, 04:45 PM
I want one for our Pro Shark, anyone have one of these here in the us? Or can you send me one? I suppose shipping would be really expensive.

jaksdad
02-09-2009, 05:04 PM
whoever sold Unisons or someone parting one out

Mini Maniac Dad
02-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by tireman43
Must be all that intensive R&D.:rolleyes: Or just checking whats hot on the interwebby and making a like product.

R&D, by Apex???? You must not know the owner. If it works for someone else, it sure is easier to copy it than spend the time and money to come up with your own ideas.....

ZTR_MAN
02-10-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by NSTIG8R
It is a chain roller

I wonder what material the roller is made out of? :confused:

Looks like a black plastic roller. Hmmm....

XXX -rider
02-11-2009, 09:30 AM
are all smart coments really necasary ? ...:huh

does the XC edition come with skid plates ?

ZTR_MAN
02-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
are all smart coments really necasary ? ...:huh

does the XC edition come with skid plates ?

Honest question, not being smart.

redonkulousruntsracing
02-11-2009, 10:23 AM
I like the idea for the intake. My son is always diving to the inside of corners and blasting the water holes and drowning his quad. He's getting a new Hetrick built Pro MX 50 ATVA legal quad next month, and I dont want him filling the carb and engine with mud and water. I can already see it happening and I shudder to think of him drowning a $4000 quad. I made a homemade guard out of a Gatorade bottle to put over the air filter, but it didnt work too good. Any one got some good ideas on relocating the carb or air filter so it doesnt get filled with water. Wet tracks are a way of life up here in Northern NY.

marsrace2
02-11-2009, 10:31 AM
I truly appreciate all the work that James at ZTR and others put into coming up with the aftermarket parts to improve our kids Quads. That being said I also appreciate a manufacturer that takes Qeues fom the aftermarket and works to make a more race ready product off the showroom floor.

BTW, I saw something very similar to that chain roller on an Apex prototype of a lowered street racer about a year ago.

ZTR_MAN
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Guess I should not have asked anything. I wasn't trying to imply that the Frame Saver was copied but I just know the experience that I had with a plastic roller.

I was very apprehensive about posting anything for fear that it would be taken wrong. I have learned my lesson and will stay quiet.

Thanks for the kind words Mark. :D

marsrace2
02-11-2009, 10:45 AM
James, as you know I too have had experience with the plastic roller, but the again I am trying to use it in an aplication that it wasnt truly designed for.

XXX -rider
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by ZTR_MAN
Honest question, not being smart.

HMMMMM,..

my question wasnt directly directed at you ,,,but if / since you felt the need to reply ..

XXX -rider
02-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by sickairseth
I like the idea for the intake. My son is always diving to the inside of corners and blasting the water holes and drowning his quad. He's getting a new Hetrick built Pro MX 50 ATVA legal quad next month, and I dont want him filling the carb and engine with mud and water. I can already see it happening and I shudder to think of him drowning a $4000 quad. I made a homemade guard out of a Gatorade bottle to put over the air filter, but it didnt work too good. Any one got some good ideas on relocating the carb or air filter so it doesnt get filled with water. Wet tracks are a way of life up here in Northern NY.

try calling Hetricks back .. see if they are still making an airfilter relocation set up .. our 70 had/has a nice set up made by them

XXX -rider
02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
OH :) BTW ,...I love my ZTR spring compressor tool !!:D

Mini Maniac Dad
02-12-2009, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by XXX -rider
HMMMMM,..

my question wasnt directly directed at you ,,,but if / since you felt the need to reply ..

Maybe not necessary, but I have dealt with Greg and he is a real jack-***. It is funny how everything is fine and dandy until your kid beats his kid on the track.

Also, he explained to me that he sent an Elka shock to Taiwan and had it copied, among other things. Everything on the Apex was copied from someone elses design, he just did it cheaper and it shows in the quality of his product.

Just my .02 on an OPEN forum.

marsrace2
02-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I have seen and heard many of the negative comments about Apex and their products and service. I can not speak for anyone else but I have been very happy with both of our Apex's and the service and support I have received from Greg and Scott. Just one example that comes to mind was when Greg spent nearly an hour on the phone with me to diagnose a problem with the Quad that actually turned out to be something that I had messed up. I have had numerous other calls with them and they have always helped me out.
Just my 2cents.

redonkulousruntsracing
02-13-2009, 09:00 AM
wow I'm feeling the love for Apex. You mean to tell me that the competition doesn't do the same , every one developes all the parts and pieces in house? Come on now, they all put thier time in and produce quality machines. I have seen a strong track record on the Apex after following them for a couple of years.

ukguy
02-13-2009, 03:13 PM
i have a quickie that is not related but as Gary Fallon has posted a thread about the DRR passing the new federal law, what is the position with Apex does any one know??

XXX -rider
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
anyone that knows apex..will see how much the part in this thread looks like a apex part .. :D & they have been out (similar to this ) for over 3 years ..who copies who ? :confused:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=382851

Arctic Cat Dad
02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
That's the swinwer on our 09 Apex.

How much gas does the Unison gas tank hold. What Part # any1 know. We run 1 hr races and some times a little longer in the GNCC's. If we didn't have to pit to put a qt in, it would save us around 25 seconds and that's a BUNCH! I've been thinking about changing ours but haven't found 1 yet.