PDA

View Full Version : what do i need for por-15?

tants
12-22-2002, 05:57 PM
off the por-15 website, they have all different stuff they sell, do i really need the marineclean, nuetrolizer, and all that other crap?
someone who por-15 there frame, what did you buy to do it?
do i need all the stuff they sell so i can do it? thanks so much

Sparks425Ex
12-22-2002, 06:40 PM
Can some one explain what in the world is it?

Does anyone have any pictures?

Is it stronget then pc?

What is so special about POR 15

Pappy
12-22-2002, 06:51 PM
email them...they will send you a brochure. its not hard to apply. but it can get expensive if you take long to learn new things:p

TRX_Thumper
12-22-2002, 08:31 PM
just sandblast ye frame...get some metal ready and pour it in a hairspray bottle spray it all over the frame...let it sit couple hours...put some por15 on the frame...wait till its kinda tacky...couple more coats however many u want...then the outer uv coatin...then ur done...i just got done doin my frame a arms an swingarm

QuadTrix6
12-23-2002, 11:35 AM
POR 15 is just very very tough paint

4Wheels
12-23-2002, 05:03 PM
I heard Por-15 is a cheap imitation of Emron (or Imron,somthing like that) its aircraft paint. Hear takes a hit at 700mph to chip it...
JZ

rap169
12-23-2002, 06:31 PM
i habe given it the hammer test. It didnt chip, just dented the metal. I was impressed. I dont like the fat that it not uv resistant, and needs to be topcoated, but its pretty good stuff.

Live2Ride300
12-23-2002, 06:41 PM
How much does it go for?

BIGRED400
12-23-2002, 07:01 PM
GOOD STUFF ......
Degrease and Clean surface
Clean the rusty metal surface with MARINE=CLEAN™ degreaser/cleaner. An environmentally safe cleaner, MARINE=CLEAN™ will remove dirt, grease, wax or other contaminants that could interfere with the restoration.
Neutralize rust; Etch metal
Prepare the rusty metal surface with METAL-READY™. As a rust remover, METAL-READY™ will neutralize rust, etch metal for better adhesion, and coat the metal with zinc phosphate to encourage deep chemical bonding of POR-15™ to the base metal and rust.
Apply rust preventive coating to surface
Seal the rusty metal with POR-15™ Rust Preventive Coating. As the moisture resistant POR-15™ bonds to the rusty metal, it will form an unbelievably tough, almost ceramic-like finish that will not crack, chip or peel.
Topcoat the surface
Topcoat the metal surface with CHASSICOAT BLACK™. The semi-gloss black CHASSICOAT BLACK™. provides the frame, chassis or underbody finish desired by most restorers as it protects the underlying POR-15™ from harmful UV light. ....starter kit with everything around $15

BIGRED400
12-23-2002, 07:05 PM
GOOD STUFF ......
Degrease and Clean surface
Clean the rusty metal surface with MARINE=CLEAN™ degreaser/cleaner. An environmentally safe cleaner, MARINE=CLEAN™ will remove dirt, grease, wax or other contaminants that could interfere with the restoration.
Neutralize rust; Etch metal
Prepare the rusty metal surface with METAL-READY™. As a rust remover, METAL-READY™ will neutralize rust, etch metal for better adhesion, and coat the metal with zinc phosphate to encourage deep chemical bonding of POR-15™ to the base metal and rust.
Apply rust preventive coating to surface
Seal the rusty metal with POR-15™ Rust Preventive Coating. As the moisture resistant POR-15™ bonds to the rusty metal, it will form an unbelievably tough, almost ceramic-like finish that will not crack, chip or peel.
Topcoat the surface
Topcoat the metal surface with CHASSICOAT BLACK™. The semi-gloss black CHASSICOAT BLACK™. provides the frame, chassis or underbody finish desired by most restorers as it protects the underlying POR-15™ from harmful UV light.