PDA

View Full Version : HMF Sport Series

Mike594
02-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Just ordered the HMF Sport series full exhaust, from a local shop. I got the silencer in candy red, with a black turndown tip. I can't wait for this thing to come in. I've heard some of how this system sounds on youtube, but im sure youtube doesn't do the sound justice. If I don't put a quiet core in it, is thing really loud, or will I still be able to ride around without my neighbors yelling at me??? lol

ginobili07
02-06-2009, 12:41 PM
I have the slipon with the quite core in it and it is still really loud, i tried it without the quite core and it was way too loud, neighbors will not like it. hahaha

Mike594
02-06-2009, 12:57 PM
lol, I guess i'll be getting the core then as well.

ginobili07
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Ya prolly a good idea, mine came with a spark arrestor(sp)/quite core it was a 2 in 1.

Pipeless416
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
yea even with the q core i still avoid riding around the house as much as i can. without it, its stupid loud. :ermm:

97WarriorRider
02-06-2009, 02:15 PM
i didnt really realize a difference in mine..its pretty loud

Mike594
02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Well I got the quiet core coming for it too. Both my neighbors are padded by woods/trees, and most of the riding I do is either along the train tracks to the local pit, or across the street in the fields. So I think I'll be ok on sound. Thanks for the input guys.

scuzz
02-06-2009, 03:19 PM
I really liked mine and have nothing but good things to say about it.

It was VERY loud though.

02-06-2009, 03:35 PM
I have one, its loud but not nearly as loud as the built up 450's. Especially the dirtbikes those drown out my exhaust where you have to feel for shifts. I also have a quiet core but I do not like the tone with it so I dont use it. If i'm doing late night starts or riding in illegal areas I'll throw it in there to quiet it down some.

Mike594
02-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah there's a guy down the road from me, maybe a mile or so. He's got a dirtbike thats loud as hell. I can hear him from my damn house when he's messing with it. I don't think he's had any issues with his neighbors so im sure I'll be alright. I never really start or run the bike late at night, and my riding is mostly done on the weekends, during the day. Now that I have my exhaust picked, im debating on wether or not to run an aluminum air box w/ no lid or the stock air box with the k&n lid. Im most likely gonna go with a UNI in both situations.

supraloud84
02-07-2009, 06:18 AM
I have the sport series full system and it is stupid loud. You can hear my quad a mile or so away when I'm at my camp. Ive been wanting to try the quiet core as well