PDA

View Full Version : crf250r bottom end rebuild.

justin1022
02-06-2009, 12:26 AM
i picked up a used 2003-04 crf250r with a seazed bottom end for cheap and i dont no anything about them i can rebuild my 400ex's top end easy but i never did bottom before i was wondering on how to do so and if anyone had a forum i could sign up on also if anyone had any advice on rebuilding these type of bikes?

blacknblue#2
02-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Buy a service manual and dig in. Your first full rebuild is always a learning experience. Its not real hard after you do it a couple times. I can do a 450R complete without any help now but when it comes to anything else i need a book. I must ask do you have any clue whats seized and how exactly you know its in the bottom? Prolly a crank be my guess tho.

justin1022
02-06-2009, 08:58 AM
i no its bottom end because we pulled apart the top end and it still wont turn over. it was my freinds and he said hed pay for parts so i am just gona buy most of it off ebay if i can. i got a freind that use to have a trx480 and he use to blow cranks like right in half they would break so i got to watch him a few times when he pulled apart the bottom end so its not like im going in there blind. if theres any questions i tihnk im just gona thorw a few pics on here and most likely im sure someone off hear can help me...