PDA

View Full Version : Weirdness

rodeo#11
02-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Alright so i know this is a lil weird but i had to get a TB (tuberculosis) test done for this new job i'm starting as a teacher. And i went and got the normal PPD test which is where they insert a bubble under your skin... Anyways i had to go back today to get it checked ( 3rd day since the test) and it had turned red and apparently the test came back positive. I don't have a clue how i got this junk i've never left the country and i don't really know any people who have or been in contact with them. I've lived in North Carolina my whole life and was born and raised here. So confused... anyone every had a test like this done or had similar results??? I thought maybe i had, had a allergic reaction to the shot or something?? All i know is this is very lame and i don't wanna get sick anytime soon..... :ermm:

Pappy
02-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Damn dude that sucks! Im sure they will send you in for more tests, hopefully the first one is incorrect.

In 2005, when I caught that crap that almost kileld me, my infectious disease doc told me flat out that as more undocumented and illegal people enter our country, we will see new strains of all kinds of ****! Whether they arrive by foot, back of a van or come in through some legal means, it is hurting us in more ways then one.

rodeo#11
02-05-2009, 09:56 PM
well i had one idea of how i may of came in contact with it... I live in Avery county which is the christmas tree capital of the world lol and lets just say there is alot of illegal and cheap help in this county....i just hope this crap doesnt affect my race season any this year :ermm:

Pappy
02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Screw the racing issues...all it takes is something like this to attack your lungs or other organs...please dont dick around with it!

rodeo#11
02-05-2009, 10:02 PM
im not i went straight in for a chest x-ray, no sooner they said my tb test was positive. i just hope its inactive or i had a allergic reaction to the medicine that way i wont have to do as many treatments. I swear no sooner i find a good paying job in this ****ty economy i cant even work there :rolleyes:

bluebaron
02-05-2009, 11:08 PM
Damn I thought TB was almost non existent in the U.S. today. Only thing I've heard off is Bovine TB

rodeo#11
02-05-2009, 11:11 PM
hell i didnt even know what it was till the other morning..:confused:

tri5ron
02-06-2009, 12:04 AM
TB is NOTHING to be taken lightly.
do as Pappy said, and AGRESSIVELY pursue proper treatment.
Absolutely do not procrastinate.
This,(unfortunately), just became your #1 priority.

not trying to scare you, but do not put racing before treatment.

I'm sure you have already done some "Googleing" on the subject. but if you have not, then do it now, and start learning as much about it as possible.

Knowledge is power.

best of luck, and best wishes to you.

rodeo#11
02-06-2009, 06:13 AM
thanks yea im doing everything i can right now to get it treated i should know here in a little bit about my chest x-ray.. pretty dang nervous.

byrdman37876
02-06-2009, 04:55 PM
my wife had the non contagious form of it, take b-12 and vitamin c beside what the docs give u.

she was on pills for a year because of that stuff, got it in the philippines.

rodeo#11
02-06-2009, 09:23 PM
guys im happy to say im all cleared of tb.. my chest x-ray came back today and showed nothing. The doctors said i probably just had a allergic reaction to the shot. Gah im so relieved.

tri5ron
02-06-2009, 09:52 PM
That's great news!
hope the new job is everything you are hoping it will be.
so what are you going to be teaching?

rodeo#11
02-06-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm a after school teacher so I'm in charge of helping the kids with their homework and planning activities and stuff. Kinda stressful work but the pay is dang good :blah:

ZeroLogic
02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Glad to hear your in the clear bud.:macho

rodeo#11
02-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks guys! i got pretty worried there for a while because if it really did get serious i don't have the health insurance to pay for this stuff so ya know lol gonna have to thank the big man up stairs for this one. Because i was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and severe anxiety disorders so the last thing i needed was tb... thanks for all the support though guys!