PDA

View Full Version : what is better === bikes or quads!?

HONDAofTROY100
12-22-2002, 05:27 PM
i race both bikes and quads.. but i would take a bike over a quad anyday... ridin/racing a bike is 1223times harder then a quad.. and its more physically demanding... i think quad riders are wussies in my opion.. racin and ridin in both settings i hafta say that quad and bike people are two different breeds... quad are more "lets go ride and drink beer" and bikes are " damn i wanna go jump and race.. " those are my opions sooo lets hear yours..

p.s.- bikes are faster too...:devil

J25
12-22-2002, 05:33 PM
i think the exact oposite.... quads are harder......you have twice the width and weight to deal with, when u crash and the bike lands on u it hurts worse.... when u wreck u put more money into your quad so you are taking a big risk... quads are more fun in the mud and snow.. those are my opinioons but i undersatnd where your coming from:)

Ryan
12-22-2002, 05:35 PM
If you think quads are for wussies then why did you sign up to this fourm? Everyone has their own opions about different sports so next time, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF :mad:

tants
12-22-2002, 05:36 PM
...here we go again

flyin#5
12-22-2002, 05:40 PM
who cares what you think quads are way better than bikes in my opinion.
ps-and plus quads look 100000000 times better than bikes:devil

pps-if they had a flicking off icon i would have it all over this post :eek:

nacs400ex
12-22-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by J25
i think the exact oposite.... quads are harder......you have twice the width and weight to deal with, when u crash and the bike lands on u it hurts worse.... when u wreck u put more money into your quad so you are taking a big risk... quads are more fun in the mud and snow.. those are my opinioons but i undersatnd where your coming from:)

right with ya!, Bikes are WAY easier than quads.. less weight and such. Although it is easier for children to learn to ride quads, quads are harder to do race related things.

JMO.

Nausty
12-22-2002, 05:41 PM
depends, I kinda get what your getting at about most bike riders being like hey lets go jump and race and a lot of atv's being red necks. but I see your machine still has stock shocks and if you ever jumped some big jumps you'd know what its like when your bike starts turning or tilting the wrong way in the air over a big jump. Quads are definitely more dangerous when mx'ing and crashes are usually worse.

To me it just depends on your riding style and what you like to do, I can ride mine in the winter and jump snow drifts and I like to do stuff that is no fun on bikes like wheelie tricks and hill climbing and whatnot. I've been riding bikes since i was 7 and just switched to quads 2 years ago and I have a lot more fun on quads and it is a lot more challenging(spel) imo. I also own a modded cr125.

btw what do you ride? A xr100?

J25
12-22-2002, 05:45 PM
originally posted by nausty
depends, I kinda get what your getting at about most bike riders being like hey lets go jump and race and a lot of atv's being red necks. but I see your machine still has stock shocks and if you ever jumped some big jumps you'd know what its like when your bike starts turning or tilting the wrong way in the air over a big jump. Quads are definitely more dangerous when mx'ing and crashes are usually worse.

exactly

this wont be a bad thread as long as we act like our age and not our shoe size:p

12-22-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

btw what do you ride? A xr100?

lmfao, ryan doesnt ride an xr100, hes got a kx125, its like a pro race bike, there is hardly any stock parts on it, and he no longer has stock shocks, hes got some works tripple rate with rezzies, he is very good at riden both quads and dirtbikes, i rode a cr125 with a pip for a while in the summer, it was very challenging, specialy in the sand, if u bog the engine, plug fouls, its easy to dump, but doesnt hurt, they are challengin to jump at first until you get used to it, quads i think, they are a tad easier to ride in some aspects, they are easier to take a corner in my opinion,they are easy to jump sometimes, till u get the tricky ones that are off camber and you have to make corrections in the air, both bikes and quads have their pluses and minuses, everyone will ahve a different opinion, lets not start a hissy fit over this topic ok guys;)

razer
12-22-2002, 06:01 PM
You said what is better, but then didn't really make a cogent argument. You just slammed quad riders.

Maybe you should have asked, "What is more difficult to ride?"

Then your answer, though quite stupid and immature, would have made more sense.

I believe bikes are much more difficult to ride for no other reason that they have two wheels as opposed to four. Before I ever rode a quad, I would see people ride without helmets and other gear when they rode trails, but never saw dirt bike riders do that. That tells you a lot of which one you crash more often.

And now that I've rode a quad a few times, I would say quads are much easier to ride. The learning curve is much shallower than a dirt bike. I still have a lot to learn, but results come quicker and don't seem to require so many crashes to learn them. As far as fun, I think quads are every bit as fun and I just started riding them.

redroost85
12-22-2002, 06:03 PM
I hear what you all are saying. When I was younger I used to race 80's (bikes) I did pretty well too. Now that I am a little older I like having a quad to ride year round though. You really can't do that on a bike as well. I tried some of my mx moves on my quad for the first time a while ago...dang but that is tough...especially all the off camber takeoffs. With the bike, everything is right beneath you. With the quad, it is spread out more. I love my EX, I have way more fun on it than the old bike. But I can respect the dudes that ride them...although come to think of it, they are 2-strokes, hmmm. Conclusion: Quads will always kick ***, but if biking is your thing then have at her man, there is plenty of dirt to go around!:devil

12-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by redroost85
there is plenty of dirt to go around!:devil

u mean there is plenty of roost for dirtbikers face:devil

HONDAofTROY100
12-22-2002, 06:20 PM
i got works triples on the quad and my bike is a pro bike... :blah but yah try racin a bike when you have skin on skin next to u.. when a fourwheeler you got your plus whatever aarms and your nerfs and junk..... yes jumpin a quad is tuffer.. but you cant goas high and far as a bike can.. off topic.. more idiots ride quads b/c they are EASIER to ride... ever tipped over a quad?!:D yah didnt think so... i would dissagree a bike crash hurts alot more then a quad crash.. the onyl thing is a quads crash LOOKS worse.. then a bikes just liek a indy car crash most of them arent real bad but they look like someone died.. b/c the body absorbes the crash and breaks apart.. yeah i would agree quads are funner to ride b/c you cant tip easy and it looks good to turn and throw roost in the air.. nd so on.. but it looks better when your on a biek and can hammer whoops and go big w/ air....

exriderdude
12-22-2002, 06:23 PM
quads are much harder to ride than bikes, have you ever REALLY ridden a quad?? you have to be tough and in shape. im not a pro or anything but i can ride and its not easy, yea you go faster on a bike, and too go real fast is hard, same with a quad. too ride a quad on a pro level is just as hard as it is on a bike.

just think about it, if you go pretty fast on bike, dont you think it would be harder to go that fast on a quad, you know what i mean??

plus, quads are just plain better:blah :blah

J25
12-22-2002, 06:23 PM
quad wrecks notonly look bad but they do hurt..... but its more amusing seein a qaud get alot of air like nausty and woredcinqmars and they have quads twice as big and heavy as a bike

redroost85
12-22-2002, 06:25 PM
lrdrider1, heh, heh, heh, you got me now! I got plenty of roost to give out....come on it's Christmas! Come get some!:devil

exriderdude
12-22-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by HONDAofTROY100
... ever tipped over a quad?!:D yah didnt think so...

:huh :huh what are you talkin about:huh :huh

i can almost garantee you that everybody on here has tipped their quad atleast once, ive probably done it 100 times

Ryan
12-22-2002, 06:30 PM
i got works triples on the quad and my bike is a pro bike... :blah but yah try racin a bike when you have skin on skin next to u.. when a fourwheeler you got your plus whatever aarms and your nerfs and junk..... yes jumpin a quad is tuffer.. but you cant goas high and far as a bike can.. off topic.. more idiots ride quads b/c they are EASIER to ride... ever tipped over a quad?!:D yah didnt think so... i would dissagree a bike crash hurts alot more then a quad crash.. the onyl thing is a quads crash LOOKS worse.. then a bikes just liek a indy car crash most of them arent real bad but they look like someone died.. b/c the body absorbes the crash and breaks apart.. yeah i would agree quads are funner to ride b/c you cant tip easy and it looks good to turn and throw roost in the air.. nd so on.. but it looks better when your on a biek and can hammer whoops and go big w/ air....

Ok I got a couple things to tell you pal...

You may not have skin to skin right next to you but if you know how cramped it is on the tracks with quads and basicly you have more controll over a bike then a quad so when your sliding all over the track you tell me. I agree that bikes can jump higher and further becuase you can get more preload off of the suspenion and by the way, atvs are 100 times more dangerous to jump then dirt bikes (True Fact). You said that quads can't tip easy, Well I know you can just dump a bike anytime you want but I can flipping a quad is extremely easy and all of us here has flipped a quad more then enough times. The way you think bikes look hitting whoops and jumps is in your own oppion.

Im not dissing bikes here, I know they are more difficult to ride but it doesn't mean quad racers wanted to race quads because bikes were more dangerous..... ^ just my oppion

01TRX300EX
12-22-2002, 06:41 PM
I think that they are both about equally demanding personally. I can go faster on a dirtbike but I am way more confident jumping my 300EX, as well as everything else. If I had to pick a favorite, well I dont think I could, like I said, I am faster on a dirtbike (which is why I want one), but I am more confident on a quad. But quad racers are definately not wussies. They usually have to train harder since they are moving more weight around than a dirtbike.

OutlawEX
12-22-2002, 06:47 PM
i race both bikes and quads.. but i would take a bike over a quad anyday... ridin/racing a bike is 1223times harder then a quad.. and its more physically demanding... i think quad riders are wussies in my opion.. racin and ridin in both settings i hafta say that quad and bike people are two different breeds... quad are more "lets go ride and drink beer" and bikes are " damn i wanna go jump and race.. " those are my opions sooo lets hear yours..

p.s.- bikes are faster too...:devil

Hello Ryan uare gonna get many opions on this..If quads are so dumb and stuff y do u ride ur quad more than ur dirtbike..I have had dirtbikes all my life and they came to be fairly easy,so thats when i started getting into quads because i wanted more of a challenge..U can jump any jump with a D-bike and clear it,but with a quad u just never know...

HONDAofTROY100
12-22-2002, 06:50 PM
ok good arguments.. but how many of u.. (truthfully) have raced a bike!?... yah i know jumpin a quad is more dangerous b/c you can get sideways and junk but i guess what im missin out of this agrument is that im thinkin quads in general.. even the ones like the electirc shift recon and whatever.. i think that racing a bike is alot tuffer then a quad.. yeah even though a quad weighes more and junk... i just think bike riders have more fun and junk.. b/c everytime im out riddin.. and lrdrider1 can back me up.... i ride me biek and have no fun b/c i kick the POOP out of anythin back there.. banshees 400 z's.. everythin.. so i go and get my quad so i can atleast have some fun mixin it up

HONDAofTROY100
12-22-2002, 06:52 PM
true brandon.. but have u ever riddin a bike.... hard!?... well ok its easy to ride a bike in dirt.. but brandon shawn and i ride in sand.. which is the hardest thing to ride in and learn in...

HONDAofTROY100
12-22-2002, 06:55 PM
o about riddin my quad more.. its b/c how many bikes do u see by my house.. :huh not alot at all and if there is one ill go and get my bike.. but if not there are 2319238 times more quads out there then bikes..... i just like playin around w/. everyone.. on a quad.. plus like trail riddin w/ u guys and stuff isnt fun on a bike.. therefor i get my quad.. and like if we all cause some trouble quads coem in handy b/c you dont hafta have a stand or a tree to hold them up..

RIDER11X
12-22-2002, 06:56 PM
HEY, WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! :D ]

I SPENT YEARS ON BOTH, AND NEITHER ONE IS EASY OR IMPOSSIBLE.
I WILL SAY THAT I'VE BEEN "OUTCAST" BY BIKE RIDERS AT THE BEGINNING OF A RIDE SOLEY BECAUSE I WAS THE "QUAD GUY" ON MY 400. THEY WOULD SAY YOU BETTER STICK WITH THE UTILITY QUADS BECAUSE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO KEEP UP. THEY SAW QUADS DIFFERENTLY AFTER I FOLLOWED ANYWAY AND EVEN PASSED A COUPLE OF THEM IN THE WOODS OVER A 2HR RIDE.

POINT IS.......NOBODY HAS TO BE SUPERIOR, WE ALL SHARE THE SAME TRAILS AND INTREST.

;)

Nausty
12-22-2002, 06:58 PM
i would dissagree a bike crash hurts alot more then a quad crash.. the onyl thing is a quads crash LOOKS worse.. then a bikes just liek a indy car crash most of them arent real bad but they look like someone died.. b/c the body absorbes the crash and breaks apart..

have you got run over by another quad at a race? Have you been ran over by your own quad or better yet impounded by your 400lb machine into the ground because you can't get away from it and end up breaking the face part of the helmet? I busted my collarbone 4 weeks ago from a quad accident also. I know bikes crash a lot more but I had few accidents hurt as worse as my quad accidents even though they are fewer.

I have also raced dirt bikes for a couple years also.
How old are you? Have any pics?

roostin_dale
12-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Nausty

have you got run over by another quad at a race? Have you been ran over by your own quad or better yet impounded by your 400lb machine into the ground because you can't get away from it and end up breaking the face part of the helmet? I busted my collarbone 4 weeks ago from a quad accident also. I know bikes crash a lot more but I had few accidents hurt as worse as my quad accidents even though they are fewer.

I have also raced dirt bikes for a couple years also.
How old are you? Have any pics? \

Nice point Nausty

btw..Hondaytroy,whatever=Why are u coming in here talkin like this? We all no a quad is harder to ride/race(bigger, heavier, etc)

BUT...I am NOT saying a bike is easy to race...cuz i have raced before(not much tho)

OutlawEX
12-22-2002, 07:14 PM
true brandon.. but have u ever riddin a bike.... hard!?... well ok its easy to ride a bike in dirt.. but brandon shawn and i ride in sand.. which is the hardest thing to ride in and learn in...

yes i have rode and Owned Dirtbikes for 8 years and now im on to bigger and better things with my quad...I spent 8 years on bikes and then i wanted more of a challenge so i got a quad ,which i have been riding for 3 years now...I would like to maybe get a bike to play with but willl never part with my quad:macho

OG350
12-22-2002, 07:14 PM
Nuff Said
http://www.albaaction.com/atv/images/customerquads/joshadamsky-wreck.jpg
http://www.albaaction.com/atv/images/customerquads/joshadamsky-tire.jpg

OutlawEX
12-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Og440
Nuff Said
http://www.albaaction.com/atv/images/customerquads/joshadamsky-wreck.jpg
http://www.albaaction.com/atv/images/customerquads/joshadamsky-tire.jpg

lmfao,what type of bus or semi did u run into

OG350
12-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by OutlawEX

lmfao,what type of bus or semi did u run into Got it from alba the guy was pinned in 5th and he hit something.

toby400ex
12-22-2002, 07:24 PM
where the bike looses traction and falls over the atv powers its way to the top. Now thats "nuff said"

12-22-2002, 07:30 PM
kids today, thro the biggest hissy fits over someone tryin 2 ahve a good time sheesh:rolleyes:

HONDAofTROY100
12-22-2002, 10:04 PM
im 17... what do u want a pic of.. my harddrive crashed so i hafta take some pics.. just tell that you want..

obiously you suck if you cant stay in the bike... :devil j/k
and yes everyone crashes just quads have more to parts to brake thats it..
toby dude.. eh...... what r u talkin about.. yah its gonna fall over its got two wheels!:blah
Og - bikes forks can brake too......

Team Outlaw #34
12-22-2002, 10:16 PM
hey hondatroy.....

you picked the wrong damn forum to start this....

why don't you just delete this forum before it gets out of hand....

dumbass

quadfamily
12-22-2002, 11:16 PM
It won't get out of hand if you don't let it. This is an interesting thread. Just don't bash/flame each other and it will be fun. Whenever there's a difference of opinion where people are not going to change their mind the conversation is going to be heated. Just keep it clean. I'd like to add my two cents: most people will agree that one of the worst ways to crash on a bike is to highside right? Well 9 times out of 10 when you crash a quad it's a highside and the quad ends up rolling over you. I've never really ridden a dirtbike hard so I'm not qualified to offer an opinion of which is better, harder, funner, more dangerous, etc... so don't flame me. I just wanted to make a point.

VooDuu Child
12-22-2002, 11:41 PM
I grew up riding dirt bikes and still love them even though I only have quads now. What I miss about dirtbikes is how everything is a jump and on quads, you have to have a wide take off. Plus, if you don't get aftermarket shocks on your quad, well, jumping can hurt a little more. Would I give up my quad, heck no. I love mud and snow and well, it's just more fun on my quad than it was on my dirtbikes (only an opinion). To each his/her own is what I say. I will say one thing, I will, later on, get another dirtbike to park next to my Z's.

LilGuyOn400ex
12-23-2002, 12:19 AM
ive been riding/racing quads for a while now and it seems easier, or maybe more natural then when i ride dirtbikes... sometimes ill ride my friends rm 125 just to see what its like and its just so much different and i think its way more of a challenge to get used to because im useto bein able to use the front brakes just as much if not more then my back on a corner and with a dirt bike if u use front brakes on a corner ur eatin dirt. and also when im riding wheelies on the quad which has a thumb throttle i sit way back for balance and i tried the same on a bike and with the twist throttle it was really hard to let off the gas if needed when ur leanin back... imo i think they both are equally challenging it just depends on what u start or learn on, because im sure if u learned on a bike a quad would feel alot diferent so ya like everyone else says they have thier +'s and -'s

JUSTINcredible
12-23-2002, 12:45 AM
Id say one of the big things that makes quads harder to ride is when you turn, on a bike you do more leaning when you turn and dont need to use your arms as much to force the bike to turn.. on a quad the only leaning you do is to prevent yourself from tipping over and ALL of the turning is in the arms.. and ofcoars a bike can jump further and hugher than a quad cuz they way so much less.. i cant say that i have really raced bikes besides on our own private tracks but quads seem quite a bit harder to me

stocktires
12-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Quad and bike riders should respect eachother, but thats hardly ever the case.
YES, more retards ride quads, but there are alot on bikes also!
I snapped my collar bone (w/ concussion) about 4-5 months ago sliding into a corner a lil too fast (bad idea, there was bike ruts everywhere, I cought one sideways, ended up under the quad).
both are fun, I've never been very very interested in bikes though. But If I couldn't ride a quad, I'd have a CR in my garage.
Remember, Quads race more than just MX, and quads generally arent meant for MX racing!
If you had a more racey quad, Im sure you'd like riding it much more.
Around where I live, there's some purty competitive Quad racing, I'm talking about quads faster than bikes.
But anyway, there will never be a better of the two, because there is none...

12-23-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by stocktires
If you had a more racey quad, Im sure you'd like riding it much more.

hey, he does have a pretty racy quad, supension, engine work, tires, a few other lil mods, thats prett racy to me, but n e ways, when i was riden a bike for a a month or 2, i was jumpin these jumps we have around my house that are pretty good for bikes, they are surrounded by woods, i was feelin pretty confident so i hit the jump a tad faster, i got as lot more air than i was ready for, when i landed i couldnt control the bike, went straight into the woods, the handlebars hit a tree, sent me flyin the other direction, i havent rode a dirtbike around woods since then, they are a lot harder than people think, and, o yea, try learning how 2 ride a cr125 in the sand,dry sand, when u ahve never rideen a bike before ever before that, its hard

HONDAofTROY100
12-23-2002, 09:06 AM
MNmxblaster what r u talkin about!?... turnin on a bike is no piece of cake.. you hatfa worry about finding a line so you dont wash out and on a quad you can just roll though a turn .. and yes on a bike you hatfa use your arms, you use your outside arm to balance u just like when you lean on a quad...

HONDAofTROY100
12-23-2002, 09:09 AM
stock tires... i have a "racey" quad... its got all engine work done, triple rates, razr tires, nerfs, and lots of other stuff done
:blah

MSL
12-23-2002, 09:14 AM
I have both and have rode dirt bikes all my life.
I feel more comfortable jumping my YZ than my 400ex you only need one good line on a bike.

in the woods i am much faster on my bike not nearly as many worries about a stump or rock on the side of a trail.

For me riding fast is easier on a bike. takes more stamina and strength to ride the quad fast on trails.

yes i can jump higher, farther on my bike but i wouldnt trade my quad for a bike its too much fun.

what i do love about a bike is that you can get a jump off of about anything.

I like both of them and ride both of them :blah

250x#93
12-23-2002, 10:47 AM
I have respect for guys who ride bikes but I'll take my quad any day. I've seen a lot more guys on quads do crazy stuff than the bikers. Well one thing good about bikes it's easier to hillclimb.

01TRX300EX
12-23-2002, 01:45 PM
As far as turning is concerned, I know I had no trouble doing it on the dirtbike, and it sure didn't wear me out like the quad did in corners.

quadridermx
12-23-2002, 03:18 PM
Just my opinion... but

Bang for the buck? Definitely goes to bikes. They have over 40 hp stock (some close to 50), 13 inches of suspension travel, and they're just plain light. I bought a full race ready 2000 Rm250 for $2500. You can't even find a stock 400ex for that.

MX track? Again, I'd go with bikes. At least for me, it's harder to jump a quad farther than a bike. When a quad really gets sideways in the air, there's no bringing it back and you really have to adjust on the landing to make sure it doesnt start flipping when you land. Bikes are super easy to adjust in the air, and you can even land a little sideways sometimes.

Cornering? As far as corners go, a beginner quad rider will take a beginner dirtbike rider any day. If the dirtbiker has some experience and a good line, I believe they could corner faster than a quad. Also, hookup coming out of a corner on a bike is amazing. Just pin it and you're gone in a flash.

Flat corners? Quad any day...

Woods? If the woods are nice and smooth and lots of room, a quad will usually take a bike. On a bike, to turn, lots of body movement is needed. On a quad, a simple turn of the handlebars and maybe a little leaning is all that's needed.

Rutted, skinny, whooped out path? Bikes usually. The suspension soaks up just about anything and is 1/3 the width of a quad.

Dunes? I personally prefer bikes because of the suspension, power, and weight. But some of the really tricked out quads will handle better in the dunes. You can't exactly putz around on a bike in the dunes. It's either pin it or loose your balance and fall over.

Relaxing rides? I'd rather ride a quad. You can't exactly sit on a dirtbike without falling over.

Danger? If you're MX'ing, I'd say quads are more dangerous. If you crash on a quad, it tends to follow you and sit on you. On a bike, it just kind of falls over. If you're in the woods, I'd say a bike is more dangerous. It's pretty easy to loose your balance and zip off into a tree.

Required skill? It takes a lot more skill and balance to ride a bike fast. A beginning quad rider will take a beginning dirtbiker any day any time. But, when a biker gets his balance and puts in some seat time on a bike, they can be faster and easier to ride longer.

Overall for serious competition under most conditions, I would rather ride my Rm250 than my 400ex. But under relaxing conditions, I would rather ride a quad.

That's just my take on the subject, though...

flyin#5
12-23-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Team Outlaw #34
hey hondatroy.....

you picked the wrong damn forum to start this....

why don't you just delete this forum before it gets out of hand....

dumbass

i agree.

come to my town and start this fight. we have a a couple dirtbikers but like on long weekends in our High school parking lot you will see tons a trucks and trailors with 400ex's banshees Z's...ect and only a couple with bikes. alot of ppl i know convert over to quads because they like them way better and not becuase they cant handle a bike or think its to hard they just saw that quads are better and more fun.

TC17
12-23-2002, 04:18 PM

bikes have more power and are faster. i rode my friends KTM65. this is what i said..."this thing has no power...OMG! OW!"$hcitt! i got on power band in 4th, couldn't reach the footbrake cause it was riding a huge wheelie. pulled the front brake in(not thinking cause i was in shock) and didn't come down...pulled the clutch in and it came down hard...the front was still in and i endoed over and the back wheel came down and broke my shoulder. the bike was fine. i bet that 65 could kill mine in a drag race.

Sporttrax400ex
12-23-2002, 04:27 PM
On bikes you have to keep your balance. But quads are also hard to do difficult stuff on cause you ahve to be moving all the time to keep from flipping and being able to throw your quad around is like 40 times harder.

So i think there are both the same difficult level the more you ride the esier they get.:devil

TC17
12-23-2002, 04:35 PM
if you had the same jump with a bike and a quad at the same speed, the quad won't make it and the bike will. so you have to go faster and that's scary to go really fast and hit a big jump which i haven't done yet. i've accidentily have done it once and even 6 and 7 feet scares the crap out of me. i just have to stop and take a breather.

bikes are a lot cheaper for parts. you break a lot of parts at a lot of money and it's getting expensive. a nice full system pipe for a quad is like 500 bucks. break the plastic on a jump, another 500 bucks. there's a fifth of what you paid for it. you can spend 20,000 on a quad but i doubt you could on a bike.

quad have 4 wheels to controll. when conering, you have to worry about rolling it and getting on one of the rear wheels coming out of a turn.

yes, wrecks on quads hurt much worse...the tend to run you over and you have abou 450 pounds crushing you. not to mention landing on you. if you start to tilt sideways have fun recovering it unless you're really good.

you can have more fun on quads cause you can do, as Nausty said, wheelie tricks like you feet on the seat, over the fenders, donuts on sidewheels with a no footer and 1 hander and stuff. you can't do any of that on bikes which makes them not as fun. you can jump better on bike though.

my opinion.

HONDAofTROY100
12-23-2002, 05:35 PM
about spending money on a quad.. most of it is for show.. you dont need aftermarket plastics, rims, bumper and etc.. but bikes are all performance parts excecpt for rims.. you really dont ned those on a bike..the only nessesity for a quad is shocks..a bike would be pipe and silencer.. and btw my engine work for my bike was a pretty penny.. 3500 to be exact.

Nausty
12-23-2002, 05:41 PM
about spending money on a quad.. most of it is for show.. you dont need aftermarket plastics, rims, bumper and etc.. but bikes are all performance parts excecpt for rims.. you really dont ned those on a bike..the only nessesity for a quad is shocks..

Most of it is for show? Rims for show? Yah thats why my tires have came off the bead about 5+ times:rolleyes: I also seem to think dirt bikes put on aftermarket plastic also?. The only thing I can think of for show would be the bumper. I know it takes a lot of money to race quads when you get in the a class and you have to have a-arms, beadlocks on rear, tires, shocks, bars, nerfs, axle, gusseted or aftermarket frame, swingarm, steering dampner, enlarged oil coolers and whatnot for reliability when running motors with aftermarket cams, high compression pistons, ported, and then you got carbs and exhaust.

Most parts are for show?:rolleyes:

nacs400ex
12-23-2002, 06:14 PM
I am with Nausty.

HONDAofTROY100
12-23-2002, 06:56 PM
i dont know many bikes myself that i race w/ that have aftermarket plastics... but you dont need douglas rims, stock are fine... and you dont need a plus 21312987 a-arms and axle to race i do fine w/o them :rolleyes:

trx400ex
12-23-2002, 07:02 PM
i dont know many bikes myself that i race w/ that have aftermarket plastics... but you dont need douglas rims, stock are fine... and you dont need a plus 21312987 a-arms and axle to race i do fine w/o them :rolleyes:
stock are fine if you dont ride very hard......you must not have very good competion where you live huh?

TC17
12-23-2002, 07:02 PM

actually yes you do need plus 21312987 a-arms because withouth them your handling will suck if you race. and yes, you do need an axle to race because your axle happens to bend when your doing big jumps.

btw, you need good handling to race. i'm not exactly sure if that has ever crossed your mind but yes, in fact you do need good handling. that's why i got wheelspacers instead of an axle.

a bumper is and isn't for show. you sorta need a bumper if the one you have is mangled from hitting a tree. and they help when you wreck into stuff.

12-23-2002, 08:56 PM
actualy, when i had my stock width and everything, wih only tiers nd pipes and stuffs, i handled it fine, rolled it once only becuase the sand i was in was real tricky, but now that i have width i do agree that it does handle better but, its not real necassary

Mitch400EX
12-23-2002, 08:58 PM
The whole quad vs bike thing is all a matter of preferances and rider ability. A lot of people say bikes jump farther, bikes are faster etc, but the truth is a quad can outjump a bike(provided the ramp is wide enough), and go faster than a bike if the quad rider knows what he is doing. The pro quads at the local track were waay faster than the pro bikes. I've outjumped many bikes, especially the sand (bikes sometimes stick upon landing and its over). I don't know why but the quad seems to be severely underrated by many people in this forum.

My point-Quads obviously work very well for a lot of riders (myself being one of them).

Hondaoftroy100 If bikes are your thing thats cool, but If you come into a quad forum and say quad riders are wussies, not only are stating a blatent lie, but you're just proving your stupidity.

12-23-2002, 09:55 PM
ryan(hondaoftroy) was jus jokin bout the wussy thing, he knows his place,today we saw a girl endo over a berm cuz she wasnt payin attention, we were jus sitten there laughin then we realized she didnt get up for like 10 seconds and se didnt move, she fell off and broke her wrist, and then when he decided to take a turn wrong and make his quad do a double back flip into a kart wheel then landing on him, he realized that its a tad harder

Nausty
12-23-2002, 11:06 PM

I even have aftermarket plastic on my bike? Just because it doesn't happen around you it doesn't exist? Are you also trying to say that beadlocks are useless? Like I said, my rims have came off 5+ times 2 of which during races and they are on STOCK 9" rims. Have you ever even raced quads? Got any pics of you "pushing it"?

stocktires
12-23-2002, 11:10 PM
For some reason I'm thinking he doesnt really ride his 400 too hard...

12-23-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by stocktires
For some reason I'm thinking he doesnt really ride his 400 too hard...
for some reason i dont think you should be talkin(he doesnt ride hard) trust me he rides hard, we basical have the same exact setup, only he has works i have pep, differnt frame colors, he has graphics, but other than that our engien our the same,both heavily modified, and yes he does race, i just took some pics today of us out at our local sand pits of a small jump of me and him gettin a good 6 feet high, and this is prolly the biggest jump we have to work with around our house, cuz at this place, if we made a nice jump, trucks would ruin that nite,for some reason, i dont think you ride your 400 to hard

12-23-2002, 11:51 PM
nausty, chill out man, no reason to get in a big hissy fit other nutin, your a big man around this website, dont get to mad over someone being a tad dumb, just let it go, proove your point and move on

stocktires
12-23-2002, 11:52 PM
Nope I sure dont! (look in sig) :D

Nausty
12-24-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by lrdrider1
nausty, chill out man, no reason to get in a big hissy fit other nutin, your a big man around this website, dont get to mad over someone being a tad dumb, just let it go, proove your point and move on

lol, I don't get where you think i'm throwing a hissy fit?:)

JTRtrx250r
12-24-2002, 12:42 AM
BOTH!!!it just depends on which you rode last........:D :macho

12-24-2002, 01:03 AM
i think everyone is throwin a hissy fit in this thread, im jus tryin keep things down so it doesnt get locked this is a good subject and will go on forever, stocktire, sry, i was gettin a lil frustrated, no hard feelings

stocktires
12-24-2002, 01:07 AM
same here, i said some dumb stuff :( sry
Anyway, There really is no better of the two, I'd love to race bikes just because You can basically FLY, But I'm addicted to quads.
Its just weird that someone can not feel the difference of +2/+3 arms and a +2 axle.

phatswinn
12-24-2002, 08:45 AM

not only have i tipped over on a quad, ive hit a rock on the landing of a 25ft double and roled it about 5 times while i went flying face first into the ground, it didnt feel to good, ive nose dived off a drop off cuz i didnt see it (2 a.m. night riding) and plenty of other stuff
and somethings telling me ive been hurt more than you and can beat ya in the woops with my 300?

HONDAofTROY100
12-24-2002, 08:58 AM
i have bent more aftermarket rims then stock.. i still use stock rears... i have aftermarket douglas offsets in the front and wheelspacers on the back.. :)

HONDAofTROY100
12-24-2002, 09:12 AM
phatswinn where you drunk!?..... lol.... j/k..... but i have had my far share of crashes on both.. ive bent my tie-rods in U's... ive bent 10 pairs of rims, ive bent 3 streering stems from flipping, etc.......

i guess about this whole flippin in a corner thing is i should go ride on a dirt or clay track b/c in sand its kinda hard to flip... and i ride in deep sand.... so i have a hard time flippin i guess

it i have had my fair share of bike damage too..

nausty ~ yah i do race.. i dont have any pics b/c my comp's harddrive crashed and i had some pics from local tracks and haspen acres and around my house... lrdrider should be gettin those pics developed so you can see i actually do "ride" hard......:D

also pahtswinn on what!?.. my bike or 400!?... if my biek i wouldnt think twice about kickin your @$$ around a tad.. on my 400... id take u up on it.....:rolleyes:

Ryan
12-24-2002, 10:35 AM
Im glad you flipped. You kept saying how hard it was to flip, well you ask for it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HONDAofTROY100
12-24-2002, 10:37 AM
heres the pics of my rides for all yah..

HONDAofTROY100
12-24-2002, 10:42 AM
heres the pics of my rides for all yah..

HONDAofTROY100
12-24-2002, 10:43 AM
:D

12-24-2002, 11:05 AM
saisfied:rolleyes:

gun32boarder
12-24-2002, 11:28 AM
nice kx125, i have one too mine looks expatly ecept for the graphics and i have black rims

HONDAofTROY100
12-24-2002, 11:31 AM
yah i want some black rims.. i rerally want red but i cant find them for a kx..

gun32boarder
12-24-2002, 11:34 AM
the black rims look so good i have black rims on my Z too

stocktires
12-24-2002, 09:37 PM
Very Clean!
I'd take the bike out of the two! lol

12-24-2002, 09:52 PM
hey ryan, i like that huge *** dent in the side of your pro cirquit pipe:D