PDA

View Full Version : pappy-do you have touch up paint?

Hondaexboy
02-05-2009, 08:16 PM
hey pappy,
i bought this 450r a little while back which had the frame already powder coated this green color and in places its rubbing off a little bit, do you have any reccomendations of something i could use as like a touch up paint(or do you have any) to make it look new again?
and also what do you think the name of the color of this is? i can get a better pic
thanks

Pappy
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
From what I can see, it might be granny smith green...but its hard to tell.

Touch up paint is just that...just find a match thats as close as you can get. Most auto body supply stores could take a look at it and get you pretty close!

Hondaexboy
02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
okay thanks! and also how much for the top a-arms that granny smith green and the bottoms like a gloss black?

Pappy
02-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I reckon around $60

I hope you didnt think I was being dicky:p Most folks have some crazy notion you cant touch up pc...once its cured, it should and can be treated just like paint

Hondaexboy
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
no not at all i knew it was kind of a dumb question i just dont know much about powder coating:blah:
thats not bad, now would i send them if i did it them coated...remove the bearings and everything?

Pappy
02-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Yep, just remove the bearings/bushings and ball joints and ship them out.

Just be careful when removing the ball joints from the spindles so you dont rip the ball joint dust boot..after that your good to go!