PDA

View Full Version : Family Tree

Brauap
02-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone!

I am trying to find the names of some of my ancestors but I don't want to have to pay any money for that. I was wondering if anyone of you guys (or girls) out there know of any free, online programs out there I can use to find me some answers. Also, please make sure it is a legit site, I don't need any viruses.

Thanks! :)

tri5ron
02-05-2009, 08:32 PM
not a website, but a possible suggestion.

Although I'm not a Mormon, I do know that they are quite well known for maintaining one of the most extensive libraries on geneology, and anyone is welcome to access their records.

I've been to the local church/library here, and can say that they are quite nice, and happy to be helpful. and it was free.

Their records go back for a few hundred years in some cases.

just a suggestion.

buck440
02-05-2009, 10:27 PM
i know for a fact i found a free one cause i was looking at mine and i found out my great great great grandpa was a slave owner somewhere in virginia and im related to a famous robber/killer named sam bass, he was my great great grandpa i think and my great grandpa named ed bass always told me about him and the stuff he did, sorry for the story but it gets neat when you start finding this stuff. ps, look up sam bass

bluebaron
02-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Last semester I had to do a project like this, I used ancestry.com. They have a free trial, but you have to make sure you cancel it with the time, I think like 30 days, or you get billed.

On my dad's dad (grandpa) side it only went back to my great grandpa. But on my paternal grandma's side it went back like to 1700s or more. Very cool stuff.