PDA

View Full Version : Chainsaw help...

416exfreak
02-05-2009, 05:15 PM
Alrighty, well.. here's my situation.

Im trying to put new gas lines in a Poulan 2150 chainsaw.

The lines im putting back in it are the same size as the ones I took out, but I'll be damned if they want to go back in the saw.

If anyone has replaced the fuel lines in thier saw, and knows the magic trick to getting them in, please let me in on it..

I spent THREE hours trying to get ONE fuel line in... unsuccesfuly.:chinese:

Thanks,
Justin

Pappy
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
hair dryer...warm the end of the line and slide it on, might even need a lil' spit

Tip for life son...a little heat and a little wet will always help tight things:)

416exfreak
02-05-2009, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
hair dryer...warm the end of the line and slide it on, might even need a lil' spit

Tip for life son...a little heat and a little wet will always help tight things:)

Getting the lines on the carb isnt going to be a problem. Its getting them through the plastic body of the saw and into the tank.

This saw sat for 6 years, and the fuel lines were dry rotted and brittle, so I decided to replace them all.

This is what I get for trying to help the old lady across the street...

Pappy
02-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Same principle...just very easily heat the tubing to make it more pliable, a squirt of lube and slide it on in. If its what im thinking of, its a very small pain in the *** line to work with

mittman
02-05-2009, 05:50 PM
If I have some extra tubing to work with I make a point at the end put some spit on it and twist it as im pushing it in then once its in far enough you might be able to stick needle nose pliers in threw the filler neck and pull the rest of it down. most cases it will work but there is a slight chance that it might not.

250x_kyle
02-05-2009, 05:53 PM
tell ur neighbor she should have got a stihl or husky. those lines are a pain like pappy said heat and lube.

Pappy
02-05-2009, 05:58 PM
I worked for awhile a long time ago as a small engine mechanic for a large landscaping company. The mexicans would get tired of working and pull the gas lines knowing they couldnt easily be fixed. I was teh new guy so I got to do them:mad: Infact..looking back, I did learn alot there, mainly to dislike people that screw things up:p

416exfreak
02-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Mittmans idea sounds like it might work.

ANd your correct pappy.

Its a 7/32" line that is a ROYAL PITA to work with...

Its supposed to warm up here some tomorrow, so I'll give it another go.

And pappy, 2 very simple words could have cured your problem.

"La Migra" :devil:

EDIT: Pappy, you must dislike Scro... alot.:D

Pappy
02-05-2009, 06:38 PM
lol why would I dislkike him...????

Only because the SOB tears up nice ****!!!:devil: :blah:

tri5ron
02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Tip for life son...a little heat and a little wet will always help tight things:) [/B]

ROTFLMF'nAO !!!

Sometimes Rose's work for a day, but Diamonds are a girl's best friend

jonboy
02-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Those lines are meant to be tight in order for them to seal up. I've always used a small drift punch to push them in. I too was a small engine repairman at a saw shop. Oh and yeah you should have gotten a stihl. I run mine with klotz at 40:1 never misses a lick and keeps the screen clean. hardly any smoke. But it smells really good. Haha!:blah:

Pappy
02-05-2009, 07:32 PM
Long live the Stihl:devil: And why yes, mine smells of race fuel:macho

mittman
02-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Look at the length of the bar on this chainsaw. Thats no slouch of a tree either.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYhh_i5wc2o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kYhh_i5wc2o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>