PDA

View Full Version : Knee Protection for MX

MX450
02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
I just picked up a set of thor force knee guards, put them on with my boots and they seem sooo bulky, idk if its going to be comfortable at all while riding.

What type of knee protection are you MX guys using?? Id like to run something because i always have bruises on my knees after riding but im considering sending these thors back and trying something different...

Any input is aprriciated!

Balaz_73*00
02-05-2009, 04:55 PM
I just ordered 661 kyle strait knee guards the other day. I heard nothing but good things about them.

Jersey450R
02-05-2009, 04:57 PM
The Fox Raptors are the best bang for the buck

JJs450r
02-05-2009, 05:46 PM
i ordered some cheap ones from rma i cant ride without em

MX450
02-05-2009, 09:01 PM
those kyle strait guards look pretty nice and unbulky, even thought they are for MTB, should do the job, i think ill look into those.

NacsMXer
02-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I wear the 661 Tomcat knee pads, by far the most comfortable i've used. They are the type you wear with riding shorts though (riding with naked knees just doesn't work lol). If you are looking to wear them under the pants, then the 661 kyle straits look to have a smaller knee cup that will work out better for that.

tomcats
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/661%20tomcat%20knee%2007.jpg

kyle straits
http://www.xtremproshop.com/img/modele/190.jpg

02-05-2009, 09:39 PM
I always have bruises and such on my knees from hitting the plastics. What about those thinner gel/neopreme knee brace type things that you see on athletes and such? They are flexable material but any padding will help out. What ever happen to built in padding into the gear? I have an old jersey from back in the day it has foam pads built into it.

JJs450r
02-05-2009, 09:47 PM
i dont think though will help out if you take a hard bang to the knee

02-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by JJs450r
i dont think though will help out if you take a hard bang to the knee

eh I cusion the blow by cracking the plastics haha. Seriously though I was going way too fast over whoops and they started getting bigger and bigger where I could have been doubling them but I figured i'm bucking off if I slow down any so I sped up and power through them then they changed direction going on a angle all of a sudden. The quad kicked to the side and my knee cracked my whole side panel. Atleast I didnt fall off but my plastic doesnt line up now.

madskrillz2
02-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
I always have bruises and such on my knees from hitting the plastics. What about those thinner gel/neopreme knee brace type things that you see on athletes and such? They are flexable material but any padding will help out. What ever happen to built in padding into the gear? I have an old jersey from back in the day it has foam pads built into it.

That'd probably help and it's what I'm thinking about doing. I don't really bump my knees TOO much. My knees rub more than anything and I get carpet burn. Well I guess you could call it "pant" burn

02-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Do they still make pants with pads? I remember all my old stuff was padded. The jersey had it and the pants had padding too now thinking back they were velcroed in to be removable for washing and such it was a great idea then the padding vanished.

madskrillz2
02-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by FlewByU352
Do they still make pants with pads? I remember all my old stuff was padded. The jersey had it and the pants had padding too now thinking back they were velcroed in to be removable for washing and such it was a great idea then the padding vanished.

Only padding I've ever seen is in the seat of the pants and I just take that out because it makes my pants feel too bulky. Just not all that comfortable

Sprks450r04
02-09-2009, 07:13 PM
i have a set of knee braces with a patella cup. arterisks (sp?) makes them