PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha Yfz, Or Honda 450r, Or Ktm 525, Or Kawasaki Mojave??

cheater13
02-05-2009, 02:39 PM
just like the title says. im just wandering which one is faster and more torquer and good at wheelies, jumps, and easy on maintanence? i mostly ride in the open fields, sometimes race, i jump alot and sometimes run throught forests. whats best for me?
EVERYONE POST THERE THOUGHTS:D
and i forgot in the title to add the kfx 450

jersey devil
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
The new 09 yfz450R...awesome!...good power and handling right out the door! Take your time and check all of them out.

Drewltr450
02-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Well if you have the coin$ get the ktm for sure.

ride4ever
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
i had an 06 yfz and loved it. handles great, i jumped it farther then i probably should have lol and it always held up and was smooth, really fast with pipe, airfilter, and jet. my dad has an 08 kfx with a pipe, boondocker, and airbox. the handling is too touchy and a little weird, i quess i could get used to it. it doesnt jump or ride as nice as the yfz though, not as confy. its untouchable in a drag race though. the pipe and boondocker made a bigger difference then the yfz with a pipe and jet. friend has an ltr and its pretty nice, rides nice. i cant say too much about it though, i only rode it for a bit. but it deffinately noesnt have the torque that the yfz or kfx has. never road the honda r's, only raced them and kicked there a**. who knows, couldve just been the rider, i cant say anything about them. take a look at a banshee if you'd like. i had a banshee a few years back and sold it to try the new four strokes, my yfz blew 3 times, twice because of a factory defect that was never found. i loved it, just had bad luck with the motor. so i sold it and went back to another banshee, i love two strokes. the banshee is fast as hell, much more confy, but not great for jumping. i have myne set up so i jump it and its fine, but not great stock. hope i helped good luck

crixal
02-05-2009, 08:51 PM
if those are the only ones you are looking at & have the money get the ktm. if not, second would have the be the yamaha. good luck.

chevys&honda$
02-06-2009, 03:24 AM
all of me says HONDA but they are all great bikes and everyone will have problems here and there but with regular service (oil,filters,valves) all of them should last for years of fun.

I have rode them all, except the ktm, the kfx to me was a little..... well whats the word... bland:tired: it was stock though so a few bolt ons should fix that.And the ltr450 it felt very stiff and way to wide for the trails i ride on but had decent power. The yfz was really peppy stock alot of power just about came off the ground in every gear:muscle: but the seat was hard as a rock, but a very fun bike. Or how about a 700 raptor they ride like a cadilac and have power everywhere, just a little to high geared for trail riding, a smaller front sprocket would fix that though.

and then the trx450r i love mine, good all-a-round, im just a weekend warrior and it sounds like you are to so it would be a good choice, they have good power and alot more:muscle: with just a few bolt ons (pipe,jets,intake) ( hrc kit)

If you have a chance before you buy ride all of them, if you are riding somewhere and see someone that has a one you have'nt rode, just ask them if you can and just tell them you in the market and want to try it out, the worst that can happen is they say no:cuss: ok Bill thats enuff blah blah blah (talking to myself)

Fast450yfz
02-06-2009, 07:46 AM
i would definitly go with the yfz. they are definitly the best stock, and also if you like having your handle bars farther away from the tank thats a plus. first thing everyone i know with a trx 450 has done was put an extended steering stem on because of how close the bars are to the tank. i dont know much about the ktms besides that their quality is second to none that german engineering is bomb.

cheater13
02-06-2009, 02:02 PM
thats awsome. i didnt want the raptor beacuase they said they were tippy. i think i have it narrowed down between the honda 450r and the yfz 450. anyone think differenet. i want a real nice look and feel and i want it to do awsome wheelies and jumps. and be real reliable. and i want the company to help me if something breaks. any more opinions?

crixal
02-07-2009, 07:59 AM
get the yfz. i think you can get a lot of power w/ just free mods. they look better than the r, too.

walrusfarm
02-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Kawi Mojave? Not even in the same league as the other 3.

ROB450mxr
02-07-2009, 04:12 PM
If you narrowed it down to the YFZ or the R, I would def go with the YFZ in my opinion the YFZ looks better and handles better. My little cuz has an 08 Raptor and it is very tippy. I have a 450 mxr and I love it. The 18in tires hurt it for some trails but you ever think about the outlaw 525s? The KTM motors are nice. Good luck shopping...

rob_990
02-08-2009, 07:48 AM
id get the yfz 450r over the honda 450r.

jersey devil
02-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I was out again this weekend and I'am telling you for a stock bike this thing rips.Planty of power,can lift the front wheel anytime you want,nice ride and handles real nice.Pipe,filter and air box and you will have all the power that you need.Its a handful!
Stock for stock I beleive the only problem you will have is with the Can-am and KTM.

907Rider
02-08-2009, 04:36 PM
If you got the $$$, KTM:macho :macho

If your broke a** like everyone else in this economy the trx450r, its a honda, looks good, lots of parts.( but, if your a trail hound its not the Best........no mx quad is.)

dukee66
02-09-2009, 07:36 PM
go with the trx 450 its a honda nothin can go wrong and there vary easy to maintain

chevys&honda$
02-10-2009, 02:21 PM
just get the R

jersey devil
02-10-2009, 02:43 PM
yamaha....yamaha...yamaha!..fast right out the door!