PDA

View Full Version : Hard/Slow start when @ operating temp

soonerlightning
02-05-2009, 08:56 AM
When I first fire the quad up for the day it starts quickly and runs fine. After riding for about 10-20mins and kill it for a break when I go to fire it back up it will be slow to start. If I barley (and I mean less than 1/4") push the throttle it will start quicker than if I just crank till she starts. Would this be fuel screw adjustment, or pilot jet?

Also when cruising around at about 1/2 throttle it feels like the quad surges, if that makes sense.

This is an 07 with the A/B lid off, stock foam filter, stock exhaust with s/a and baffle out, cam mod. Jetting is at 168M
45P NVCQ at 4th clip & 2turns on a/f screw.

soonerlightning
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
lots of views and no advice??? Not everyone at once now:p

Sweendogie
02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
i have an 07 and it did the same thing when i got it and it had already had the cam mod done to it, i put the cam back to stock and it fixed the problem... if your not wanting to put it back to stock try putting a hot start on it

soonerlightning
02-09-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Sweendogie
i have an 07 and it did the same thing when i got it and it had already had the cam mod done to it, i put the cam back to stock and it fixed the problem... if your not wanting to put it back to stock try putting a hot start on it

I have started reading that. I changed the main to a 162 the needle to 3rd clip and went 1.5turns on the a/f screw and this seemed to help. If it starts up again I will put the cam back to stock position.