PDA

View Full Version : got another 86 engine question

riderssb250x
02-05-2009, 05:43 AM
well i went to my local dealer and got my cylinder honed for new rings its .60 over now and im doing a bottom end build should i resleeve it back to stock/ someone was telling me being oversize4d that much a ring could catch the intake port? you guys think ill be alright? i mean they sell over sized for a reason righ? thje cylinder and piston are in good shape let me know what yous think thanks! pms are great too

Honda 250r 001
02-05-2009, 06:40 AM
this is for a 86 right? if so then yes your fine to bore to .60 over. mines at that right now and i havnt had a problem with it at all.

riderssb250x
02-05-2009, 06:56 AM
thanks, so im probably gonna just put a new set of rings in maybe a whole topend but my piston is in really good shape , i just got a hone and figured out i needa do crank bearings and maybe a crank!

All250R
02-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by riderssb250x
well i went to my local dealer and got my cylinder honed for new rings its .60 over now and im doing a bottom end build should i resleeve it back to stock/ someone was telling me being oversize4d that much a ring could catch the intake port? you guys think ill be alright? i mean they sell over sized for a reason righ? thje cylinder and piston are in good shape let me know what yous think thanks! pms are great too

Your rings are fine as long as the ports haven't been "redesigned" or finished poorly. The bore work by itself won't damage your rings. You're fine.

riderssb250x
02-06-2009, 10:10 PM
no works been done tro it thanks i should be good great help guys!