PDA

View Full Version : how far can you go on reserve?

tri5ron
02-04-2009, 10:44 PM
I realize that it varies depending on how fast, and what kind of terrain/riding you are doing.

and also what mods are on the quad.

But just as a general estimate, lets say 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear trail riding, not topped out in speed,

How far will the reserve fuel go?

I'm asking, to help determine when it might be a good idea to carry extra fuel, if heading out on a long ride.

Pipeless416
02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
one of my most hated trails is straight, flat railroad grade for 100 miles. perfect to figure max mpgs. i average anywhere from 43-48 mpg there. i'd guess about 30 miles on reserve until its bone dry... on flat, straight trails :p

stringbean
02-05-2009, 05:53 AM
right to where it runs out at!

J/K :devil:

Ron White: Hey man Hey man how far do you think the other engine will take us?? "all the way to the scene of the crash"! :devil:

mittman
02-05-2009, 06:39 AM
^^^^ lol it's like a pack of gum with wings. we got passed by a kite.

Anyway its really hard to get close to any real mpg my fuel consumption is always different from the last tanks of gas.
It would prob be a good idea to take a little bit extra fuel with you. I would get the small gas can the straps to your grab bar its flat and not very long. This isnt it but this is what im talking about(much smaller of coarse) I just cant find the one im talking about.
http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?navType=type&webTypeId=170&navTitle=ATV+Parts&webCatId=24&prodFamilyId=18947

racerdan24
02-05-2009, 07:44 AM
We were travelling at twice the speed of smell....sorry had to add it.....