PDA

View Full Version : 450r Supermoto ?????

staakej
02-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Well it's finaly happend there is a local super moto track that is going to let quad's race this season.I'm looking for help with setup Any one have any 450R 's set up for super moto. I really dont want to change my MX setup to much just due to the fact that I will only be racing a few super moto races. But I do hafta get a set of tires because they will not allow knobbys. any help form somone that has raced super moto would help thanks

hotrodbelair
02-04-2009, 10:15 PM
from what ive seen from supermoto quads it looks like a mix between mx and tt. alot of the pro guys run there mx longtravel suspension with a sway bar. im not sure what they run for tires ive seen hoosiers but i assume they run the hardest compound they can find. I heard of people runnin the duro flattrack tires, they only come with one compound and i heard there to hard to run in the dirt so maybe look into those. I hope this helps

patrickj75
02-05-2009, 02:09 PM
set your ride height a little lower (around 6 or 6.5"). Get a swaybar if you can and find some Duros. They have a few compounds now try a medium compound. You can use Hoosier Tri-Tracs for the rear in a T20 compound. Run atleast 10psi to start. Supermoto is a blast. I've only been able to practice on a track here but hope to race sometime soon.